Chapter 13

Like A Rose {Completed}
Arron and Hebe are both busy and studying hard for the inter scholastics competition.Both wanting to win the most coveted prize.Seeing how hard Hebe worked,made Arron took notice how driven she was if she keeps her mind to something.Same thing with him,they are very much the same.

He was thinking hard what his motivation to win the spot,and realized that his motivation is for the prestige and the drive to win,But Hebe's motivation is more to win the scholarship,to help out her family.Arron does not need the scholarship,his parents are rich.Both his parents have a secured job.His Dad is a successful businessman,with a multi corporation to boot and his Mom is a doctor in the hospital and is well known in her field of medicine.He definitely does not need the prize.

And Hebe,her Dad is a supervisor in some company,but that is not enough to cover the expenses of his family.And Hebe's Mom works part time only.She definitely needs the scholarship. Thinking of it all,Arron will definitely feel guilty,if he wins it.Hebe should get the spot. Maybe I will just let Hebe win this time,Arron thought.

He talked about it, to Jiro later that day.

"Bro,can I asked you something?"Arron said,as he walked into his room.

"What is it?"Jiro said as he was in bed playing hoops in his bed with a miniature ball in his hand as he keep shooting it on the trashcan."Is it about Hebe?"

"Yeah,Is it alright if I just let her win in the competition,or will she get mad if she did not win it fair and square?" Arron asked.

"What do you mean,giving in to her?" Jiro asked "Uhmm finally my brother is not only thinking of himself but other person too."

"Hey that is not fair." Arron said."I am not that selfish."

"But knowing you,I know how you love the competition and you love to win,just like me."Jiro said."And you are giving away the crown to her?I am impressed. I did not know that your feeling for her is that deep."

"Jiro stop teasing please." Arron said."I am serious,I want Hebe to win it all."

"Whoa,You are really in to her,way deep.Be careful bro,you are still young."Jiro said."So what was the question then?"

"If it is alright to do that?" Arron asked."Or she is not going to like it because I just give in and I will be robbing her of the glory of winning and beating me in a competition?"

"Why let her know about it."Jiro said."The greatest sacrifice is when nobody knows about it or the person that you will be doing it for. Just pretend that you are in for the battle."

"So this will be our secret then." Arron said."I want to do this for Hebe." as he smiled.

"My brother is in love." Jiro said,as he pat his head."Very much in love just like the brother..." as he smiled.

"Selina what do you think?"Hebe asked her older sister."You think Arron will get mad at me if I win over him."

"Why will he get mad? As long as you play it fair and square,he does not have any reason to get mad." Selina said.

"I am just worried." Hebe said."But I really want to win ,I really need to win the scholarship so I can get the course that I want."

"I know,me too,pray for me that I'll get the spot for my scholarship to study abroad."Selina said.

"Does Jiro know that you are planning to study abroad?" Hebe asked.

"No,not yet,but I don't think he would mind,but don't say anything to him or to Arron about this.I have to tell him myself." Selina said."So you still want to be a doctor?"

"Yeah,I still want to be a doctor,I know we cannot afford it,so I am really wishing that I will win this one ,so I can get to medical school."Hebe said. "I just hope Arron won't get mad at me,that is all I am worried about."

"Uhmm,you must have like him a lot."Selina said. 'Or is it more than that now?"

Hebe blushed and smiled."I think I am more than liking him now.I think I am falling for him Selina."

Selina hugged her little sister,"Just take it easy for now, all of us have a lot of growing up to do. There are still a lot ahead of us." as she thinks of Jiro.