Separation

My Brother's Substitute

“Remember when Yiyun told us that he doesn’t have any idea who Krystal is?”

Amber just came back home after spending the afternoon with Krystal. She was still as cold as always but somehow she already felt some warmth. Though she can’t blame the latter for being so, she still wishes she can fix things up so that Yiyun might get the chance she thinks he deserves.

Seulgi welcomed her with her favorite ddukbokki served on the table, together with milk tea and a cake. At first, Amber questioned what the occasion was but she was just answered with a sweet kiss and a tight hug. Now they were both feasting on the sumptuous meal prepared by Seulgi while discussing problems about her brother.

“Yeah, he kept on insisting that the child is not his”

“Krystal told me earlier that she was sorry that her sisters barged into my dorm and slapped me”

“How can that be even possible? If Yiyun doesn’t know her then why did Krystal’s sister… wait that means he’s a liar”

“I hope that’s not true”

“I hope so, I really wanted to find out what Yiyun is doing here. I’m not sure if there’s more”

Seulgi stopped eating and held Amber’s hands firmly that made the latter pause too, they were staring at each other’s eyes when tears formed in Seulgi’s eyes.

“I need to tell you something Amber” Amber held Seulgi’s hand on top of hers.

“What is it?” Seulgi closed her eyes and breathed deep. When she gained the confidence she needed, she spoke

“I need to go back to LA, the university just called and they offered me a scholarship in exchange of being the head of the university publication. I need to be back before the official school year starts”

Amber’s face fell, she didn’t expect that this would be this soon and she still have plans for the both of them but now they need to separate.

“Bear, I… I don’t know what to say… I can’t”

“Llama, all I wanted to ask you is to not forget me, call me whenever possible, message me, and even better if you can be able to find Yiyun as soon as possible and come back home to me.”

The tears started to fall from Seulgi’s eyes as Amber pulled her to a hug, their hearts ache for this is the very first time that they’ll be apart from each other. They don’t know until when but they hope it’s not that long.

“I will bear, I will”

“Promise me you’ll never fall for her”

“Of course not. We’ll be getting married remember?”

“Yes”

They spent the night in each other’s arms, making use of the last hours before Seulgi’s flight back to Los Angeles tomorrow.

_

“Please tell Amber that we hope that you both will be present on Yiyun’s wedding” The whole family of the Jung’s and the Liu’s were present at the airport to send Seulgi off. Amber was speaking to her with her eyes for she was beside Krystal, playing her role as Yiyun. She might wanted to just pull her close and kiss but she can’t. It was impossible.

“We are looking forward to meeting Yiyun’s twin too” Taeyeon said. Surprisingly, she and Seulgi grew close in seconds and now they even vowed to contact each other.

“I would also like to meet her” Jessica followed, her icy attitude was set aside and she was warm as sunshine. Amber didn’t think that it was even possible.

“Please send my regards to her” And lastly Krystal.

“Of course. Please take care of Yiyun too Krystal” Seulgi answered with her eyes fixed on Amber who was trying to hold back her tears.

“Will do”

“Bear… I mean Seul, have a nice trip back to Los Angeles” All eyes were on her when she slipped. Damn she shouldn’t have said that.

“I got used to her and Amber’s terms of endearment. Sorry” she gave out a nervous laugh, good thing they were able to let it pass and laughed with her.

“I should be going now, it’s nice meeting you all” Seulgi bowed and turned her back to walk towards the counter. Amber mentally gave her last goodbye and hoped to God she’ll find Yiyun soon.

 _

I know it's short and I'm sorry. Exams is killing me, I'll try to have a longer update tomorrow. I mean it, for now I'm really sorry.