Drive by

My Brother's Substitute

Add me on facebook please? Hehe 

Facebook.com/YohanEvangelista or search gray skellington. 

See you :))

 

 

 

"So the bastard is here" Amber clenched her fists and looked back at her twin who in turn groggily approached her with a smug look on his face. For quite some time she honestly missed her brother even though she knew all too well the damage he brought to her and her friends and family. 

"He's drunk is he?" Yuri held Amber's arm as a sign of support in case he gets to attack them with his current state. 

Yiyun's lips formed a devilish smirk as he came face to face at them, alcohol can be smelled in his breath and his eyes were bloodshot. 

"I didn't know what is it in you that you're so lucky at almost everytime but I'm sure as hell I'll be the one who'll end up smiling" He grabbed Amber by the arm but the latter didn't bulge from her position. She returned his stare with a fiercer one as her jaws tensed. 

They were at that position when sirens started to be heard from a distance that made Yiyun jerk, sweat started to form in his forehead and anxiety was evident while he looked around trying to find a place to hide. 

"What's happening?" Amber asked, confused as to why her brother acts that way. 

"Hide me" he said, his voice sloppy. 

Yuri, who found a chance to immobile him grabbed his wrist twisted it to his back and slammed him on the ground while waiting for the cops to arrive. 

"What is it with you and law enforcers?" Yuri asked, putting down all her weight on him. 

"You don't need to know" As much as he tried to break free, the training Yuri got form the camp made it impossible for him to even move an inch. 

Amber looked at her brother then back to Yuri and ended at the police mobile who stopped in front of them. Cops alighted the three cars followed by a girl and an elderly man whom she recognized immediately.

"Ellin?" She whispered. 

The cops went straight to where Yuri and Yiyun was and grabbing him by the arm, they dragged him to one of the mobiles. 

"What's this?" Amber asked rhetorically. She didn't expect what was happening especially seeing her brother get caught by armed men. 

"He was caught overpricing our projects and stealing proceeds from the company budget. He used those proceeds to buy weapons and gather men to follow his orders. Grandpa found an order from him to kill our family but he was too careless to let that one out in the open field." 

"He did that?" Amber was surprised, too surprised to not be able to say another word. She can't believe what was happening. His brother has gone way too far from his selfish dreams. 

"Yes. And you are?" The old man looked at her from head to foot, as if scanning all her features with just her stare which she found quite awkward. 

"Amber Liu, he's my twin." 

"You're a girl?" His brow raised and disbelief was seen through his emotions. 

"Yes" 

"She's the one I'm telling you grandpa, she's the one who's taking care of the guy's supposed to be wife" 

"Your parents and your wife's parents? How are they?" 

"I haven't heard of them yet." 

"We'll be the one informing them about this good news" He turned his back at them and proceeded back to the mobile. He was just about to duck in when gunshots fired from consecutive black cars. 

"Take shelter! Bow your heads" Yuri took Ellin and they, together with Amber hid beside posts from nearby. Their breaths fast and each were praying that everybody was safe. 

"It's a drive by" Yuri shouted at the tomboy one post from her. 

"Form my brother's men?" 

"Maybe." 

"Take care of her, I'll check if her grandfather is alright" Amber crouched down, pausing at some cars to hide until she got a clearer look from where she last saw the old man. 

She didn't see anyone from that distance that made her breath freely. The shooting didn't stop at once and she started to notice how the cops were firing back. 

"Where is he?" Amber almost threw a punch at the voice behind her but then she realized it was just her friend Yuri. 

"I don't know" 

"I heard Yiyun managed to escape. Two cars brought him and only one police mobile was able to follow" 

"Seriously?" Amber took a peek if the mobile with open doors was safe and when she saw the last black car sped off, she ran and hopped in, determined to follow them. 

"What the hell Amber where are you going?" Yuri tried to chase her but Amber moved fast enough for her not to be able to follow. 

Yuri punched the air in disappointment but after which she noticed someone moving beside her. Looking down, she saw Ellin's grandfather holding his bleeding right arm. 

"Sir! Help! Someone's injured" She place pressure on the bleeding area to stop the bleeding but he also had a wound on his torso. Both wounds were bleeding profusely and she was sure that he needs to be in the hospital as soon as possible. 

Civilians who heard rushed for help for it was not only him who was injured but another two cops and one passerby. It didn't take quite long before an ambulance arrived and the medics hurriedly place all the injured in a stretcher to be rushed to the hospital. 

"Please save him please" Ellin was going hysterical as tears flowed from her eyes. Yuri tried to calm her down but to no use. 

Remembering Amber, Yuri grabbed her phone and dialed Jessica's number. She was admittedly scared in telling them what Amber did but she can't do anything but to spill it out. Just as she expected, she heard a combo of angry voices from the other line addition to the fact t hat she was labeled worthless by the angry sisters.

For the remainder of the time as she waited for the time of her life, she prayed to God she will be saved together with Amber. 

The moment she saw two killing stares approaching her, she readied herself for a smack and kick but to her surprise they did nothing but give her the coldest treatment she ever received. 

"Where is she?" Krystal asked, trying to fight back the tears that was welling up in her eyes

"I don't know, she hopped it on one of the vehicles and drove off to follow him" 

"You didn't even try to follow and help her?" 

"I wanted to but Ellin's grandfather was shot and I need to help him" Krystal's eyes moved to Ellin who was crying at a bench far from them and back to Yuri.

"I swear to God if something happened to her I'll - " She wasn't able to finish what she was about to say because of a phone call. She hurriedly looked at the caller and saw Amber's name on the screen. 

"Amber? Are you okay? Where are you? Please come back, leave everything to the police.. Me and our child needs you please" This time her tears fell. Worry, fear and an overwhelming desire to see Amber alive filled her heart that she cannot hold her feelings back anymore. She didn't hear gunshots or noise in the background but still she feared for her lover's life and safety.

"Krys" 

Krystal almost jumped in joy at Amber's calling of her name but her expression turned 360 degrees at once when she heard her next words. 

"I promise you I'll be back, but if I didn't make it please continue to live happily with your child, I mean our child. Go back to our parents, they're already free from him. Love again, be happy" 

She was just about to say a word when she heard a loud explosion and the line was disconnected. 

___

Hello :D I'm sorry if it took years for me to update. I grew busy from school works and personal problems that I had a long time writer's block. I cannot promise that I'll update again soon but I'll try. 

I'm using our school library's computer as I type this haha I hope you'll enjoy this update and I'm looking forward to update again. 

I love you all and thank you very much for the support :))