The Fiance

My Brother's Substitute

Wondering who's Amber's fiance? :P 

“I missed you Amber but I really need to talk to that brat now”

“He’s upstairs” I heaved out a sigh and was about to step my foot out when he took hold of my arm and dragged me inside with him.

“Hey Dad, why do you need to bring me with you? I have a date”

“To protect your brother in case I lost my sanity”

“Aww, How sweet of you Dad” I grinned, trying to more.

We barged in to the room where Yiyun was sleeping, he turned around thinking that it was only me but I chuckled when his face turned paper white upon seeing our father.

“D- Dad” sweat started to form on his forehead the moment Dad slowly walked towards him.

He stopped right on the edge of his bed and threw a brown envelope at Yiyun who was on the opposite side. He hastily opened it and after sometime his expression became worse.

“So… care to explain?” Dad broke the silence.

“I…I don’t know who she is dad, seriously”

“You don’t know? Yiyun, her parents are powerful and influential. And for your information, even though our business is topping off the market, we still owe a lot to them. They helped us be what we are today Yiyun. That’s why I want to skin you alive.”

“I – I’m sorry Dad”

“I know Suzy was the main reason why you turned out like this but please be responsible enough to marry their daughter. Please Yiyun, man up”

My brother sighed and nod his head, Dad did the same before he turned to left the room, giving me a pat on my shoulders motioning me to follow him. We were at the dining table sharing a glass of water when he spoke.

“Mind if you cancel your date with your girl?”

“Sure. Excuse me, I’ll make a call” I fished out my phone from my pocket and dialed her number as expected, within a few rings her cute voice was heard on the other line.

“Hello llama?”

“Hey baby bear, are you ready?”

“Uhm…not yet, I just finished taking a bath so I’m kinda wet” Oh, she just took a bath so it means that she’s wearing only a towel and…oh no.

“Llama?”

“Uh – yeah sorry”

“Aww, is my llama excited to see me? We could cuddle here you know” Is she seriously teasing me?

“As much as I wanted to go there and hug you tight, I can’t and that’s why I called you. Dad is here and he asks me to go out with him”

“Papa Liu is here? Why?”

“Brother problems”

“Oh sorry, when can I meet you then?”

“I’ll fetch you later for dinner if you’re up to it”

“Of course I am, I really miss Papa Liu you know”

“Why do you guys doesn’t miss me?” I heard her giggle and god I find that stunningly cute.

“I miss and love you llama, now go with Papa Liu. I’ll be meeting you guys later. Bye bye”

“Having so much fun with your fiancé?” Dad suddenly popped behind me, taking a peep at my phone.

“Dad we’re fine”

“Too obvious ber”

“Where are we going anyway?”

“Lunch, then buy some groceries since I heard you’ll be cooking for our dinner later”

“Who says I’ll be the one cooking?”

“Me and your girlfriend” he took out his keys and went out, walking straight to the car. 

I just sat comfortably on the seat next to him fiddling my own keys, it’s been a while since I’ve been like this with my father ever since our chain of restaurants boomed.

Around 1 in the afternoon we finished our lunch and went to a nearby supermarket to shop for ingredients for our dinner. Well I was just trialing behind my dad who was throwing different goods in the cart. Canned goods, noodles, juice, milk,napkin…napkins?

“Wait dad, what are these for?” I pointed at the two packs of napkin. He followed the direction of my eyes and grinned.

“For your period idiot”

“Can you cook some pasta, roasted chicken and stir fried rice?” Dad stopped transferring paper bags from the cart to our car.

“Why that much? Is there a party or something?”

“We’ll be having dinner remember? And your fiancé is coming and I miss her”

“Dad what’s the sudden change of attitude? You never done this before. You’re more of a workaholic and serious type.”

“Why? Is it wrong to be a loving, cheesy and handsome father?” I blinked my eyes twice and shook my head, chuckling as I went to the passenger’s seat.

We drove our way to my fiancé’s house who was waiting for us patiently, the moment she and my dad saw each other, I think I just watched a drama where a father meets his long lost daughter.

“How is our Seulgi?” He asked while her hair.

“I’m good Papa Liu”

Yeap, they’re really close, I met Seulgi back in first year college, she was the school’s campus crush while I am the known heartbreaker. My best buddy Kris introduced us to each other and our first friendly date was followed by another until we both found ourselves falling in love with each other.

She changed me a lot, from playing girl’s hearts to a full – pledged loyalist. Even if girls throw themselves at me, I never break in to temptations. I admit I already experienced ‘those’ things but with her I didn’t even try. She’s a campus crush, yes, but she’s innocent. She’s all about fun and enjoyment, given the fact that I’m her first relationship that’s why I wanted her to stay pure until we get married.

I introduced her to my parents 6 months after we became a couple and they accepted it genuinely. The moment they met, they got along very well, Seulgi jokes along with my father that made the house merrier.

On the other hand, her parents were very accommodating and caring of me, visiting me especially when my parents transferred to Korea. They brought me food and stuffs, they even do sleep overs when they knew that I’m free.

I never felt contented with my life before, Seulgi with me and my family is enough.

 

I never expected to have 8 upvotes and 72 subscribers in just my first chapter...I am really thankful to you guys! 

Please comment your thoughts :)) Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH :)