Guilt

My Brother's Substitute

 

“Kim Taeyeon!” A storming Tiffany, barged inside Krystal and Amber’s room. Startling the latter from her deep sleep on the couch.

“Yah, Stephi! Don’t go barging into anyone’s room at this time of the day!” Amber almost shouted. She never got enough sleep last night because it’s freezing cold, she fixed her clothes Krystal threw at her and she literally cleaned the whole room.

“Why are you here?” Tiffany asked, completely surprised to still see Amber sharing a room with Krystal.

“Because I paid for this, if someone needs to get out it’s Krystal not me” She scoffed, remembering how much she spent just to make this honeymoon a very special one.

“Come Again?” the hair on Amber’s neck stood as the cold voice of Krystal echoed from her bedroom, she slowly turned her head and saw her raising an eyebrow at her and started to take steps towards them.

“Can you please repeat what you said stupid?” she asked again. making amber and Tiffany flinch.

“Uh – Nothing.” Amber measured the distance they have in her head and immediately moved few steps backward to maintain that 1 meter distance in Krystal’s rule.

“I thought I heard something. Hi there Tiffany unnie” Krystal smiled at Tiffany, a more genuine but still deadly kind of smile.

“H – Hi Krys, how are you?” She also took steps backward until she was just beside Amber.

“I’m fine, thank you. Why are you here unnie?”

“um… looking for Taeyeon”

“Oh, she’s in the other room. You can go visit her now”

Tiffany glanced at Amber who glanced back at her, eyes pleading that she would not be left alone with the other girl.

“O – okay, Have fun guys and I’m sorry Krystal”

“I’m not  mad at you unnie, you can’t always control your stupid cousin’s decisions”

“I better get going”

“Stephi” Amber called but immediately shut when Krystal looked at her.

Tiffany waved and scurried out of the door, mouthing ‘aja’ to Amber who just sighed in defeat.

“So now stupid…” Krystal took a step forward, making  the other take a step backward until she hit the sink.

‘Crap´

“Y – yes?”

“Go buy these for me please” Krystal gave her a piece of paper with a list of goods she wants but amber didn’t dare to take it noticing how close they could get.

“Leave it on the table”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to be punished”

“Oh really?” Krystal giggled. “Okay”

She turned her back, purposely swaying her hips as she walked.

‘Screw you for making me this confused, for making me feel different kinds of emotions in just a short period of time, for making me hope that you were really Yiyun so I can have you for myself, for making me hope that you’re not tied with Seulgi. Stupid Amber”

Amber unintentionally watched her walk away and at that instant she remembered the dream she had yesterday, that was how Krystal danced infront of her, that was the robe she wore when she pulled them off and started to kiss her neck down to her…

“” Amber yelped when she hit her head on the cupboard, carelessly hitting it with her hands that made things worse.

‘Why does my life needs to go like this?’

Secretly Krystal watched her from the distance, finding herself smiling at the cuteness she just saw when Amber scratched her head in dismay.

“Taeyeon unnie?” She dialed her older sister’s number and grinned when the latter answered.

“Yep?” Taeyeon just woke up from the continuous banging of her door, she hates herself for not being a morning person but she hated the person disturbing her at this time of the day.

“I think you’re right”

“Right about what?” She pushed herself towards the door, peeping on the hole to check who was knocking. She froze when she saw Tiffany with her arms crossed on her chest, feet tapping the floor and holding a large umbrella in her hands.

‘What’s with the umbrella?’ She asked herself.

“That it’s better if I gave Amber the chance.”

“Good. Now if you don’t mind, I need to ask another chance to someone for myself. See you later, please pray for me” Taeyeon hung up, wiping the sweat off from her hands and uttering a short prayer inside her head.

‘Here we go’ She tuned the knob open and peeped through the small space it made.

“Yes?” She asked innocently.

“Let me in” Tiffany answered, poking the door with the end of her pink umbrella.

“I – um…”

“Let me in Kim Taeyeon”

“Fine” Taeyeon growled and opened the door wide open for her to enter.

Upon stepping inside, Tiffany got stuck to her feet when she saw the absolute mess of the room, cracker wrapper everywhere, blankets scattered, clothes tossed and a freakin large plushie on the floor.

“Am I in a child’s room or what?” Tiffany muttered under her breath.

“No. you’re in my room. Take a seat please” Taeyeon smiled in victory as she motioned her to take a seat where she literally can’t because of the trash scattered around.

“Where exactly?”

“Sofa. Or at the floor” Taeyeon walked towards the fridge to get a can of soda when Tiffany grabbed her arm and pushed her to the wall.

“Listen here, Kim Taeyeon. I’m not here to be bossed around. I’m here to demand a complete ad detailed explanation of why you did this to my cousin”

“I have nothing to explain. What I did was right”

“You’re such a er. You know that?”

“What do you want to do? Fool Krystal all the time?”

“No! I want them to get to know each other then… “

“Then what? Tiffany, it’s better if Krystal will fall for Amber not for Yiyun” Tiffany loosened her grip from Taeyeon, seeing the point of argument from the other.

“But you know Amber has Seulgi right?”

“Of course, but I’m confident”

“How?”

“Can you not see how that kid s over my sister?”

“Oh”

“I know how she wanted to rip Krystal’s dress off back at the wedding”

Tiffany nodded, well she did notice Amber’s eyes and she remembered her reaction with the strap on, she seemed… excited but in denial.

“Okay fine, you’re off the hook Taeyeon.”

“Thanks. How long are you gonna stay here?”

“Same with you.”

“What?”

“I don’t have a place to live and I don’t want to go around alone so you’re stuck with me” Tiffany smirked.

“Our contract doesn’t state anything with regards to me being with you all the time.”

“Believe me Taeyeon, you’ll enjoy your days with me”

‘Is this the karma I get from exposing Amber?’

_

“Oh stupid, you’re home” Krystal greeted the panting Amber who was carrying around 50 paper bags in her hands as she entered the room. She placed them on the counter and arranged the goods one by one.

“Care to greet me?” She called again, hating the way the other ignored her.

“Good morning to you too” Amber wasn’t feeling any well, who will? She slept freezing in cold, woke up early, got her wallet empty and was almost hit by a cab. She’s feeling sick, absolutely sick from what was happening.

“You okay?” Krystal noticed the strain in Amber’s voice that a pang of guilt hit her.

She was definitely angry last night that she just threw everything to her from the room and she forgot the bed sheets and pillows. She knew it was cold, but her pride was powerful enough to go out and give her blankets and that idea hurt her.

“Yeah I’m fine. What do you want to eat? I can try and cook something”  Amber managed to smile despite the headache.

“I’ll cook. Go out for a while” Krystal stood and approached her, but as usual, amber moved away.

“Out? Again?”

“Go with Tiffany unnie, she’s with Taeyeon unnie” Amber sighed and left the room, shoulders and head down.

“I’ll cook you something special…even if I don’t know how” Then and there Krystal mentally slapped herself.

“Hey mom? How do I cook rice?”