The Owner

My Brother's Substitute

I'm sorry for updating late, school is killing me :( Maybe I can see you guys on Fridays only... but mostly of my fics would be updated that day too...( I type my updates in our school library hehe) 

 

“She’s coming over in a few” Jackson hurriedly fixed the tables to catch up with the time needed before the new owner of the restaurant arrives, he was gasping for air moving from side to side to make  sure everything was perfectly set and ordered.  

 

“Relax Jack I’m sure she won’t kill us” Amber tried to calm her friend down but the latter wouldn’t bulge.  

 

“Come on Ber, many said she is very beautiful and rich”  

 

“That was what I’m asking all this time why would she buy a restaurant like this if she could make her own which is bigger and better”  

 

“She wants to make this restaurant a hit even if it’s situated in a district like ours”  

 

Amber shrugged her friend and went back to her job of arranging the plates and other utensils. Though she has this doubt with this new owner she couldn’t deny the fact that she was happy with the sudden raise of her income. It increased thrice her normal wage and with it she could definitely give her seven month pregnant girlfriend a quality delivery.  

 

“Fasten up, she said she’s near” their manager shouted from her office and they all scurried to get the work done. They were still fixing their clothing and appearance when they heard the chimes sounded in harmony.  

 

“Good Morning Ma’am” Amber and the other staffs bowed their head in unison, 90 degrees or more to show the deepest respect they could give. They still haven’t caught any glance at the mysterious owner for she was covered by a number of body guards around her.  

 

“It’s okay, please straighten up” Amber was the last one who did so and she immediately froze at the sight in front of her.  

 

The girl looked like the girl way back in Jeju, she was not certain but she feels like it. Her eyes, hair and the surprising way of how her lips curved into a half smirk while staring at her gave her chills all throughout her body. 

 

“I am Kim Min Young or commonly known  as Ellin, the new owner of this restaurant, in short, your boss. I already know each and every one of you based from your records sent to me so we don’t need much more introduction except you”  

 

All of their eyes followed her stare and it all went to Amber, who was standing there bewildered and confused. Ellin walked gracefully towards her, making her fingers brush Amber’s hand at that very moment they came near.  

 

Amber felt a sudden jolt of electricity from the contact but not in malicious way, she felt danger and threat from a reason she doesn’t even know why. She can’t stand being near her, all she can feel is the dangerous aura of the girl opposite her.  

 

“I heard you have a pregnant girlfriend?” Ellin threw her first question, a bit of sarcasm could be heard from it.

  

“Y – Yes I have she’s already 7 months pregnant” 

 

“Of course you can’t make her become one unless you have superpowers or so, tell me did you have a donor or something?”  

 

As much as Amber didn’t want to disclose any happening from her and her brother’s past, she couldn’t do anything but to tell everything at that moment. She doesn’t want to lose her job so she chose to face what she thinks is the greatest issue of her life.  

 

“My twin brother was the real father of the child but he left them when he learned that she was pregnant, I came to their wedding to act as a temporary substitute and later on fell in love with her”  

 

“Didn’t he come back?”  

 

“He did. But he was married to someone else already”  

 

“You are rich right? Because judging from when we met in Jeju before, I know you’re one of those upper class”

   

“Yes before father in law blocked all our accounts, took away our business and properties and drove us away. I am working here to provide for my wife’s giving birth. I want her to be safe, she anemic and need thorough check up every now and then”  

 

“So you love your wife so much?”  

 

“Yes ma’am”  

 

“What about your brother” 

 

“Of course I love him, we basically grew up together. I cannot forget the fact that we are of the same blood” 

 

“I see… thank you for your answers. I hope you’ll enjoy my administration”  

 

Ellin removed her hand touching Amber’s and went back in the middle, scanning every face in front of her with a smile.  

 

“I’ll be here every Fridays and my only rule is whatever happens in here, stays here. Meaning you should never say to anyone each and every activity that we will be doing during Friday nights til midnight. Even if it is your brother, sister, mother, father and even you girlfriend” Ellin stressed the last word, fixing her eyes on Amber.  

 

“And please call me Ellin, no ma’am or madam just plain Ellin. Amber there would be my right hand, from now on you will supervise this restaurant and send reports to me via email everyday at 5 in the afternoon. You need to comply with this rule since your salary would be multiplied by 5. Treat this as my help for you and your so called wife”  

 

She turned her back from them and exited the door, followed by her body guards behind her. They all breathe in relief after she was out of sight and Min was the first one to break their awkward silence.  

 

“I think she likes you” She said to Amber with tease making their other friends tease the struck tomboy more.

  

“I can feel danger though. She seems threatening”

  

“But the pay is huge, Amber could definitely give Krystal a safe delivery.”  

 

“But I really don’t think she’s do something good”  

 

“Let’s just stop this and just support our friend. I feel sorry for her after hearing her story”

  

Amber can hear everyone’s sentiments but what was running in her mind was the fact that she knew the name of her brother’s wife and it was exactly the same as her boss. It can’t be her, there are millions of chances that she would meet the same Ellin in Jeju and Yiyun’s Ellin at the same  year 

 

But what if she was really her?