Changes

My Brother's Substitute

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/wallspaintedblu :))

 

“Reservations are made and done Krystal, no but’s and if’s this time” Krystal rolled her eyes and sighed heavily, why does she have to go through this emotional turmoil again. Her eyes flew to Amber’s direction whom she saw staring at her before putting up a genuine smile.

‘Devils are really good at pretending’ she thought.

Jessica and Taeyeon moved aside when they saw Amber approaching, they were holding that killer glare that if were turn to knives, would definitely stab him non-stop. They hated Yiyun too of course, especially when he suddenly went missing one week after they learned what happened, he detached everything that would connect him to Krystal until that day when they realized that their youngest was pregnant.

Both were affected but they took it differently, Jessica took it through violence, Taeyeon remembered how she was dragged to the car and how Jess shouted at the driver to bring them to Yiyun’s dorm. She swear she thought she had lost her sense of hearing at that instant.

Jessica amazingly kicked the door of Yiyun’s door open and slapped him too damn hard while he was sleeping, she shouted here and there, threw things everywhere until Minho and the other guys were able to stop her.

Well Taeyeon couldn’t blame Yiyun if he chickened off right after that event because who actually wouldn’t? But in her case, she’s been killing him countless times already. She didn’t want to lose her temper like her sister because it will just make things worse, she wanted to face the problem in her sane, right mind.

“Please take care of our sister… And please, please treat her right” Taeyeon spoke that actually stopped everyone including of course, the ice princess, Jessica.

“I will and I promise to the very inch of my soul” Those eyes who were all focused at Taeyeon suddenly snapped to Amber with their jaws literally dropped except her parents and the Elder Jung who was smiling genuinely.

“May I now take my fiancée?” Jessica knows she was to say something, like a speech or homily or whatsoever but she closed , nodding as Amber reached out her hand to Krystal.

Mrs. Jung nudged Krystal while wiggling her brows, telling her to accept her hand, Krystal scrunched her eyebrows back for a bit but took it. Her glare less deadly than the first.

_

“After you” Amber opened the door of the passenger’s seat for Krystal to enter. Initially, there was a limousine waiting for them outside the restaurant prepared by Mr. Jung but Amber insisted that she’ll take her herself so here they are at the parking lot with Amber’s black sports car.

Krystal stood surprised beside him, her eyes obviously asking questions as to what, how and why the aggressive, cocky and full of himself Yiyun turned to be someone who will be kind enough to open a door for her.

“You okay?” Amber asked, smiling in a way that made Krystal’s heart skip a beat. But her mind was telling her that it’s not right, she’s supposed to be angry at him.

“Uh – yeah, I am” she immediately entered the car to avoid any more of his stares. She admits, it can get her quite too fast.

“Good” Amber closed the door and jogged to the driver’s seat, she revved the engine and opened the GPS, the car’s new including the GPS so she really have a hard time connecting to the simple machine that she started to bite her lip and squinted closer to the buttons.

Krystal watched her from her seat, preventing herself to gasp when she saw him biting his lip. When did she saw Yiyun like this before? Never. He’s all boasting, he’ll definitely throw that thing off the window if it pissed him. At this moment she admitted, she found him cute and 180 degrees different from what Yiyun is before.

“Let me do it” Krystal absent mindedly took Amber’s hand primarily to take over but she felt something else different, she wanted to hold it even longer. She longed for his caring, his love and his sincerity and she thinks her walls is slowly tearing down if he continues to act this way.

“No I can manage this, it’s just…” Amber really has the difficulty of understanding the words. Well it’s Korean and she definitely at the language, she can speak yes but not that fluent. She prayed that she can do this sooner so that everything would be finished and she can go back home with Seulgi. She was hurt when she heard Seulgi’s disappointment that they can’t go to Busan and she wanted to make it up to her.

“Press that button so the keypad will appear” she heard Krystal spoke, she turned to look at he but she didn’t notice earlier that she’s just inches away from her and now their faces is at a very close proximity. She can feel Krystal’s scent, something related to strawberries and mangoes…mangoes? Oh yeah, she ate tons of mangoes earlier. They blinked a few times more before she smiled and turned back to follow what she said.

I think a wall just crashed’ Krystal thought after what happened, she was able to stare at Yiyun’s eyes and what she saw was purity and kindness. They were gentle, and loving. ‘What the hell happened to you Yiyun? You were lest for a month and when you came back you’re entirely different’ Her tears were starting to accumulate on the corner of her eyes and one slipped when she blinked after Yiyun playfully exclaimed ‘Yes’ after successfully typing the address on the GPS.

Amber saw a tear left from Krystal’s eyes when she looked at her, confused, she immediately took out her handkerchief and wiped it, together with the other eye. She gave Krystal and handkerchief and proceeded to driving humming sounds with the radio

Krystal stared at the hanky on her hands, pure white cloth with a letter ‘A’ stitched on the corner. He gave it to her and she can’t take it away from her. She still loved him, though she thought she didn’t when she thought he left her but now he’s here, she suddenly felt vulnerable once again. But as a woman of pride she’ll not let herself show a hint to him until she’s convinced that he has truly changed.

_

She was about to go out of the car when they arrived the venue when he stopped her, saying that he’ll open the door for her so she should just wait. He got out and opened her door in lightning’s speed not forgetting to lend a hand.

“You okay? Are you tired or something?”

“Yun, I’m just 1 and a half months pregnant so it doesn’t really matter. I can take care of myself”

“Wow finally, you’re in a good mood compared to earlier” Another thing Krystal noticed at him is his voice, who became softer than before. She thought of something but she immediately dismissed it, surely this person in front of her wouldn’t suffer to replace Yiyun, she heard his twin has a fiancé so it’s definitely a no – no.

“Thanks anyway.”

“For what?”

“For finally being a gentleman and do those for me”

“Those were simple stuff Krystal”

“Simple stuff you didn’t even try to do before. Remember I was the one who opens the door for you or for myself. What happened to you anyway? Have you hit your head or something?”

Amber’s face fell, now she knew why Yiyun’s friends were telling her how he changed so much, how the people she met went surprised when she tried to laugh with them or help them. Her perception of her brother is totally the opposite of how he actually is and she felt bad, really bad for Krystal. She knew this was unplanned, maybe it was a one night stand or any of the sort but she was sure Krystal was just used, along with the other girls Yiyun’s friends told her. The most negative trait she could observe from her brother is that he has many girlfriends, she can accept that but not when it comes to a point when it was almost a . She felt very stupid to look up to him, he’s not worth to be looked up on.

“Realizing my mistakes maybe?” Feeling so sorry for Krystal, she took her hand and led her inside, she can feel the girl’s hands shaking but she didn’t mind. When she finds Yiyun, she’ll make it sure that he’ll treat her properly, but for now, she’ll try to make it up to her for him. She believes her brother needs a second chance. 

 

I apologize for any grammatical errors

M19:26