Mangoes

My Brother's Substitute

"I'm home" Amber turned the knob open at exactly 9 in the evening. She brought with her a take out meal for her and Krystal to share since she's eating quite a not so good meal ever since they lived in together.

It's been one week since then and more problems started to come their way. Tiffany and Taeyeon suddenly came into their house one day and told them about their clients suddenly backing out from them and Taeyeon's company to be absorbed by another unknown company.

"It just happened. I got home one day and I received messages about them backing out. I didn't even remember a time I failed them or something" Tiffany grumbled on her seat that day she and Taeyeon suddenly barged inside Amber's room.

"Every client on my company suddenly started backing out too. I don't know why but in a few months the company will go bankrupt" Taeyeon followed. Though nervous, she still has her poker face on.

"Do you think it’s all because of him?” Amber stood from her seat and moved next to Krystal, holding her hand as she rested herself on the couch.

“Wow. If it’s him then he really got an influential wife, to play with all of us and to convince our clients to back out and stuff… I want to skin him alive”

“Jessica already has some information right? I heard Yuri is well known and is close with large security agencies.”

“I just hope that Yuri can do miracles…”

“We all hope so”

_

“How is work? I’m sorry if I can’t visit you, I promise to try this week” Krystal took Amber’s bag, not forgetting to place a kiss on Amber’s lips.

“It’s okay Krys, you should rest here. I want the baby and his or her mother to be safe, sound and pretty… of course hot as ever” Amber travelled her palms to Krystal’s thighs until it reached the hem of her shirt. Only to be disappointed when she gently stopped her from doing so and placing her hands on her chest.

“I’m not in the mood Amber” Krystal stated in a sad voice. She’s not feeling too well today and there’s something she wants to eat.

“Oh. A surprise for me” True for Amber because they were having earth breaking these past days and seeing her girlfriend suddenly being not in the mood amazed her.

“It’s just… I’m not feeling well, I feel weak”

“Oh, take a seat on the couch now. I’ll feed you”

“But Amber”

“No buts princess… I’m in charge now”

Krystal followed her lover’s orders and sat, watching how Amber moved around the small kitchen and prepared the food for her which she placed on a tray, walking towards her with a smile. The older girl carefully placed the tray on the table and sat beside her, scooping the food with the spoon, blowing it and moving it towards Krystal’s pursed lips.

“Eat now, I don’t want Baby Amber be hungry” Amber wiggled her brows as Krystal smiled, opening to eat.

“Tasty isn’t it? Of course I bought it so it must taste good” Krystal giggled, feeling quite relieved seeing Amber right in front of her.

They talked about everything that happened with both of their days and they didn’t notice the time pass. It was about 11 in the evening when they started cleaning the stuff, preparing their bed and tucking themselves in.

Amber’s hands was wrapped around Krystal’s waist, caressing her baby bump with her face snuggled on the younger’s neck. Her hands were Krystal’s pillow and they were just listening to their own breaths.

“Amber?” Krystal broke the silence, making the former to open her absolutely sleepy eyes.

“Hmmm?”

“Do we have mangoes?”

“Huh?” Amber moved her head up, questionably looking at Krystal who continued staring afar.

“If… we… have… mangoes?”

She’s been craving for that fruit ever since she woke up but she was too shy to ask her lover for some because she herself knows that Amber’s salary is just enough for their basic needs and that they’re still saving for her upcoming hospital bills…. But her craving wouldn’t stop and she can already feel the drool escaping from .

“We don’t have mangoes inside the refrigerator… but I can buy – “Amber was about to get herself up but Krystal’s hands went straight to hers, stopping her from moving further.

“It’s okay, I was just asking”

“Asking huh? I’ve been noticing something ever since we woke up. You seem to long for something and your drool…” Amber teasingly pointed at the other girl’s mouth.

“Yah! Amber Liu!” Krystal sat up, palms making a direct contact on amber’s arms. Making the other wince in pain.

“Ow. Violent princess”

“Stupid. Give me mangoes now”

“I thought you were just asking? It’s late you know”

“That’s what you get for teasing me. Now mangoes”

Amber laughed, amused with the scrunched brows and pout coming from her lover who was pointing fiercely at the door.

“It’s dark”

“Mangoes! Or else you’ll be staying outside”

Amber suddenly felt shivers running down on her spine and back, she instantly jumped to her feet wore her used jeans and shirt and went outside running. Who wants to sleep outside anyway?

“That stupid llama, I’ve been so worried of her then she’ll go all goofy on my cravings” Krystal kept on mumbling to herself even though she was staring at her phone, having the urge to call her lover.

“I just like to eat mangoes… Baby wants mangoes…” She was dialing and deleting Amber’s number, staying on ground with her pride after that teasing.

“You like mangoes right baby?”

“Better call your dad”

She was about to press call when her phone beeped, signaling a new message. She opened the pop up icon and scanned who the sender was.

“Jessica unnie?” her brows crossed as she opened the message only to be more surprised at the information her sister shared to her.

“Yuri informed me that Yiyun’s wife goes by the name of Kim Min young only daughter of the rumored tycoon and business man based on Japan or publicly known as Kim Ellin”