Caterpillar

My Brother's Substitute

"So you're telling me not to worry even if that itchy caterpillar will literally lock you in her filthy office for two hours every fridays? That is bull" 

Amber thought that telling Krystal about her new arrangements with her boss Ellin would be the death of her but she still did. She didn't want Krystal to learn it from someone else because she was hell sure that she will definitely go to hell. 

So as what she thinks as compensation, she bought some mangoes on her way home added with Krystal's favorite beef stew but these made things worse because the moment she told Krystal everything about Ellin, the younger girl just enumerated everything that happened to Jeju and how she grew to hate those foods right at that moment. 

"Krys, it will just be a boss - worker kind of thing, I wouldn't go strip in front of her" 

"I trust you but not that itchy caterpillar. I love butterflies but I am sure as hell willing to crush some caterpillar heads this time" 

Krystal who was feeling so excited cooking something earlier for Amber just had the biggest mood change in her entire pregnancy months. Well who wouldn't? Learning that your wife would be staying with an itchy caterpillar for two hours wouldn't let her mind set to rest. Remembering how that Ellin was when they were in Jeju and how she almost ate Amber's face if eye ing was a mouth, it just angers her. 

"I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, I - " 

"And that girl even researched for your job? How pathetic, desperate caterpillar" The younger girl was ing the fork she was holding on the table leaving deep marks on it that she didn't notice. 

"I need to call my sister" Krystal stood even her feet were sore to get her cellphone, she knew how she would handle this things now. 

"Wait Krys what - " Just before Amber could touch Krystal's arm to stop her, it was swatted away harshly. 

"Don't touch me for a while until I get over this issue" 

"But - " 

"No buts. Unless you wanted me to implement our past rules" 

Amber stopped to her tracks, bowing her head she went back to the kitchen and continued the unfinished beef stew on the table. Well because she thought Krystal didn't like it anymore which is a mistake. 

"And why are you eating my beef stew?" 

Amber shivered and took just one gulp to finish everything that was inside . 

"I... I thought you didn't like it anymore?" 

"At that moment yes... besides you bought me that stew and it'll end by just you finishing it? Wow" 

"S - sorry" 

"No, just finish it. I lost my appetite. Jessica unnie and Yuri will be coming over, call me when they're here already" 

Krystal left stomping, banging her door to a close and leaving Amber almost wanting to smash her head on the wall. 

"Pregnant women are crazy"

"Stay 1 meter away from me for today" Amber felt her soul leaving her body, she thought of how loud she said those words and she knew that it was not that loud. 

_

"Oh hey there llama, what's up?" Jessica greeted her with a slight smile while the tall tanned girl beside her gave her a thumbs up. 

"Not so fine unnie. Come in, Krystal will explain to you everything" 

Jessica raised a brow but took her step inside anyway, she saw the beat in Amber's face and the disorder inside the room that made her think something terrible just happened. 

"Finally Unnie!" Krystal came out of her room with a wide smile on her face and moved to hug her sister tight but the moment she saw Amber beside her smile instantly changed to anger. 

"What's the matter little sis? Any problem?" 

"That itchy caterpillar is trying to seduce my Amber once again" Yuri moved closer to Amber and her nudged her by the elbow. 

"Who's that itchy caterpillar?" 

"That girl from Jeju named Ellin" 

"Ellin?" Yuri and Jessica chorused ringing a bell by the mention of the name. 

"Yeah, Ellin why?" 

"Her name is exactly the same as Yiyun's wife" 

"She can't be Yiyun's wife because if she is and she wants to take Amber away from me I will deliver this baby and blow her house down" 

"Krys relax it's just - " 

"One meter away from me Amber Liu"

Yuri pulled Amber to her side and whispered how sorry she was that she was shipped but was immediately followed by a subtle laugh. 

"What are you laughing at Kwon Yuri?" Jessica eyed at her friend who immediately straightened herself up.

"Nothing" 

"You're obviously here to take down notes at the possible person you know, not make laughs with Amber" 

"I got it" 

"I want you to take a close watch at that Ellin specially during Friday nights when Amber is at her office." Jessica said. 

"If you need to blow that house down if she touches a finger on my Amber do it" Krystal followed making her sister facepalm. 

"Okay" 

"Now you get Amber out of her because I literally pissed at her" 

Yuri dragged Amber of that room and suggested for them to go to a nearby Soju restaurant where they could talk freely without scary girls around. 

"So you and Jessica... What is your real score?" 

"Are you asking if we're a couple or what?" 

"If you're a couple" 

"We are but not" 

"Huh?" 

"When I met your sister in law back in the states, we were at the club. And you know what happens in that place right? We maintained contact because of this thing with Yiyun and we haven't even cleared out our relationship" 

"But you're sleeping together right?" 

"Yes" 

"So that means you're a couple" 

"I am more of whipped than a lover" 

"Ouch" 

Just a few meters before they reached the restaurant, Amber caught glimpse of a face very familiar to her and she felt a sudden urge to run. 

"That was Yiyun right?" Yuri said as their eyes connected. Yiyun moved his eyes from to Amber and small smirk appeared on his lips. 

"Yes and I didn't expect to see him at this time"