The Phone Call

My Brother's Substitute

What the hell Minho?”

“No you’re absolutely joking me”

“I will never ever believe your man”

“Yah! I’m just 19 and then – “

 

“Yah Yiyun! Can you just shut up?!” A pillow was seen flying from a strong kick that landed on the face of the former.

A black – haired ‘guy’ sat straight from his bed wearing a loose white shirt, still having his hair completely messed up. While the one named Yiyun threw back the pillow, giving him a deadly stare.

#######

Hey guys! Amber’s the name and I’m a girl so scratch that he, his and him above. Everybody mistook me as a guy, well that’s never knew because who wouldn’t? I have my hair short, a little like him and I always wear baggy clothes, though I am starting to change my clothing style to a fit one.

Me and Yiyun over there are twins, Fraternal to be exact. We share the same taste in clothes, sports and even type of girls. We used to live together but he transferred to Korea after our parents moved our family business there and they really need to focus on turning it into a success while I decided to stay here in Los Angeles, to be with my girlfriend for two years and now is my fiancé. I proposed to her last month and our wedding is two years from now after we finish college.

Yiyun and I were like the best buddies forever, we shared fights, happiness, grief and other sort of emotions together. He was there for me when I was bullied and I am present when he got problems with his numerous girlfriends.

Well he’s a huge playboy, dating different girls in a week and those girls enjoy it. I really don’t know why how can they accept being played by Yiyun’s sweet charms and talks. Wondering why he’s here? Well its semestral break and he took a vacation to be with me, saying that he misses me and all but the truth is, he just wants to see new girls for he is tired of meeting – eyed girls in Korea.

This is me and my twin, this is my life.

“Can’t you lower your voice down? I’m sleeping you know?” I returned the glare he gave me.

“But you aren’t now”

“Because your voice is too loud!”

“Look Amber, I have a big problem that even your smarty brain cannot solve”

“Aside from planning how to get another girl in your bed, what’s the sudden gigantic rush?”

“Minho says I got someone pregnant”

“You got someone pregnant? Well that’s new… What the hell Yiyun are you joking me?!” My eyes widened with the sudden realization.

“I told you, you cannot solve it” and he even managed to chuckle, does he even know what situation he’s in? We’re just 18 and he’s now a father, we even haven’t finished our college degree.

“Wait…woah who’s the girl?” He gave a quick glance and moved himself closer to me, placing a hand on my shoulders and sighed.

“Honestly, I don’t know. Minho said she’s a Jung something”

“Wait, you slept with a girl you’re not familiar with?”

“Look Amber, she might be one of the girls I slept with after clubbing. Damn those Korean girls are hot” I placed a hand on his face to shut him up. Aish seriously, why does his face needs to be so good that girls were the ones who’s throwing themselves at him?

I was about to tell him something more when my I felt my phone vibrated, reaching it from the desk, I saw my mother’s name on the screen, calling.

“Yes mom?”

“Amber, Is Yiyun with you? I need to talk to him” I looked at my brother who by then already knew whom I was talking with. He frantically waved his hands motioning me to tell my mom that he’s not here. Aish you dead man.

“Uhm mom, he’s still in the comfort room why?”

“Fine. Tell him your dad flew all the way there yesterday to kick his off” Oooh Damn.

“Wait mom, what happened?”

“Well, your oh – so good looking twin is now a father and what’s worst is the Jung’s youngest daughter is the mother. We owe a lot to them so he better go with your father back here”

“Whew, okay mom. I’ll tell him to give you a call”

“Thanks. I’m really thankful you’re a girl or else we might have another problem. Take care of yourself Amber and say hi to your girl for me” with that, she hung up.

Wait? What does she mean when she said that she’s thankful that I’m a girl? She seriously didn’t think that me and my girlfriend will be young parents didn’t she? We never even did ‘it’

“What did Mom say?”

“She said that you’re a dead kid and father’s coming here anytime soon. Better prepare yourself brother”

He messed his hair in frustration, jumping on the bed while tucking himself with the sheets. I laughed at his situation, I really wanted to but hell I wouldn’t want to get into a situation the same as his.

“I’ll go out for a while, my girl’s asking me out” I didn’t wait for his response as I grabbed my jacket and left him.

Walking down the stairs, I was about to take a step out when Dad’s face appeared infront of me, his face showed anger but still he tried to remain calm.

“Where’s Yiyun?” His voice was stern and cold while looking at me straight in the eyes.

“Hey dad! It’s been a while since we last meet personally and then you’re asking about Yiyun and not me? That’s sad” His face somewhat curved a smile but it went back to its cold expression.

“I missed you Amber but I really need to talk to that brat now”

 

For a start :)) was it too short? should I make the chapters longer? Please comment your thoughts :P 

and by the way this will be updated every Friday, 11pm KST just like the series... 

Thank you for the upvotes and subscriptions even if it was just a Foreword, I really appreciated it :)) I love you guys so much :))