Beyond Gender

My Brother's Substitute

Just finished my exams and I'm back. :) Thank you all for reading, subscribing and  Voting 

Hope you enjoy the update :))

 

"Good Morning handsome" Krystal stepped out from the front door when she read Yiyun's message that he's waiting infront of their house.

They are bound to finally fit their wedding suit and gown this day and head straight to the OB before having dinner. Their relationship is changing gradually, Krystal was starting to open up herself to the other but still she flinches when he lays his hands on her waist. She doesn't even know why she's not feeling comfortable about any of it but she was thankful he understood it all.

Amber on the other hand was relieved about the thought since she's been worrying about the honeymoon especially when Tiffany hit her head when she said that isn't really important during honeymoon. Her cousin even asked her about what would she do with Seulgi if their honeymoon comes along, if they will just stare at each other then it would be really bad.

Speaking of Seulgi, Amber remembered that she needs to call her later to ask her about her project. They still talk, but it gets harder since they have 12 hours difference. Add to the fact that Seulgi bacame much more busy these past few days.

"Goodmorning too beautiful" Amber lost her trance to compliment Krystal as she approached her.  She discarded the message she was about to send to Seulgi saying "I love you" and kept her phone inside her pocket.

"Are we going to the Shop right away?" Krystal asked as Yiyun started the engines. She can't deny that he looks amazingly handsome today with his brushed up faux hawk hair he even dyed dark brown. She has been feeling strange sensations in her stomach since she laid her eyes on him but she was definitely trying her hard to dismiss it.

"Nope. We're off to look for our rings first"

"I thought dad took care of that"

"I asked him to let us be. I mean it's our wedding"

"Didn't expect it to be sweet"

"I'm sweet Krystal, you can actually taste it you know" Amber knew her teasing went another level when Krystal's lips landed on hers and gave her lower lip a slight tug when she turned to give her a smirk.

Krystal pulled back immediately, slight shy and embarrassed that she let her inner self give in to the little voice that echoed in her head.

"I beg to differ. You taste like coffee" she her lips and turned her head towards the window to hide the blush creeping to her cheeks.

"That's no fair" Amber tried to keep her cool and pretend like nothing happened but she felt a pang of guilt hit her.

I kissed someone besides Seulgi while we're in a relationship

She kept on convincing herself that it was Yiyun's lips that Krystal kissed but still someone else's lips was on hers.

The few minutes during the ride were spent in pure silence with Amber sometimes humming to some songs on the radio to ease the tension she felt which Krystal saw as undeniably cute and simple.

"You sure you're Yiyun?" Krystal suddenly asked.

"Of course. Why'd you ask'"

"It's the first you hum with the music. Usually you just insult the music or the singer."

Amber scrunched her brows.

What the hell? Even music?

She suddenly re-evaluated her knowledge about her brother and how she looked up to him and sighed. She give up.

"I told you I want to change. Though to be honest, the singer's voice was kinda out of tune"

Krystal chuckled and relaxed on her seat. She loved this Yiyun, it's not just only physical attraction. It was becoming more of a admiration for his attitude.

"After you" Amber held the door open for her to enter inside a special ring shop quite known at the place. It was themed vintage, with four silver enclosures forming into a square with a small opening for customers to enter.

“This place is amazing” Krystal murmured the moment she stepped in. She saw the elegant jewelries displayed and lit in an angle that displayed its beauty.

“Choose and point out your top three preferred rings then we can choose from them. Don’t hesitate, this is for you” Amber smiled and led Krystal to the first enclosure. Immediately, Krystal roamed her eyes around and squinted at the designs.

While she was looking for something that will get her attention, two girls entered the shop with a huge smile on their faces. One, was around a 5 feet 7 tall girl, with dark brown eyes and blonde hair. Following her is a shorter girl with brownish hair with dark eyes. They were laughing together and was holding hands as they walked around the shop. Krystal snapped her head to their direction when she overheard them talking.

“What do you think? It’s beautiful right?” The taller girl pointed at one of the rings in the fourth enclosure.

“You’re really good at these things Nara” the shorter s her arms around the girl’s waist and kissed her shoulders.

“So we’ll get this?” The girl named Nara asked and turned to face the other.

“Of course. That’s what you want right?”

“But…I also want to know what you like”

“You”

“Yah! Alice stop. I’m serious”

Alice chuckled and rubbed the arm that the former playfully slapped earlier/

“I like that too, the design fits you beautifully”

“Thanks”

Amber, who was watching them the whole time remembered Seulgi, they were engaged but it will take them another year or more before they could experience these kind of things. Well for her, she’s in the situation but it was all pretending and she doesn’t feel that too excited about it.

She watched the couple paid and took their purchase, leaving the shop while playing with each other’s fingers.

“Are they… a couple?” Krystal whispered close to her ear to prevent anyone from hearing anything she would like to say.

“Uh…yeah. It’s obvious. Cute?” Amber chuckled.

“Weird. I mean, I’m not used seeing that kind of…stuff”

“Why?”

“I mean, isn’t it abnormal for two girls to…you know. I think it’s…I don’t know”

Amber felt a surge of disappointment, frustration, sadness and even anger in her heart. She wasn’t expecting that she’ll say it out loud right infront of her, considering that she knows her as Yiyun and not Amber.

Krystal noticed the sudden change in Yiyun’s expression and she suddenly realized what she said. She held Yiyun’s arms tight and wanted to say sorry but he just smiled and look at her in the eyes.

“Amber loves Seulgi so much, she thought. But things, they came and tested her. she thought she’s not worthy enough for Seul, she thought she doesn’t deserve everything Seulgi did for her. it’s all because she chose to sacrifice their relationship for something else. She’s been bearing that pain in her heart for months now”

“I’m sorry”

“Love isn’t about the gender Krys, it’s about the feelings they have for each other. It’s beyond explanation.”