Sorry

My Brother's Substitute

"I don't think it's appropriate to have business or even work meetings at this place." Tiffany placed the cup of coffee on the table where Taeyeon was sitting. 

The other day, she received a call from Taeyeon asking her to meet her at the Vintage coffee shop because she'll be discussing things with her about a certain big client that she would like to work with. 

She woke up earlier than usual to just thouroughly prepare herself for their meeting. Having her cousin in law's sister makes her anxious enough specially wheb she knows the pretending game Amber is playing.

"I don't do personal business matters at my office. Specially if I'm going to team up with someone" 

Taeyeon tore her eyes from her laptop to look at Tiffany and mentally slapped herself when she was obviously struck by the latter's beauty. 

She considered working with her when she learned that she is an interior designer and she badly needed onenow that all her designers are packed with their own jobs. Managing an Architectural and design firm that is widely known locally and internationally somehow placed her in quite a busy everyday life. Worse, when numerous clients walk up to them and pay them large amounts of money just to get the best architects they could find. Now that everyone has clients they are attending to, Taeyeon was forced to accept a high end job from an anonymous influential client.

"Team up? With me?" Tiffany was beyond surprised about the sudden news. She was not expecting that she'll immediately find a job offer after staying for only 2 weeks but now she'll be starting and with the president herself. 

"Yeap. With me, I accepted an offer from a big time client since the other architects and designers have their own business to deal with and since you're my brother in law's cousin, I thought you are most ideal for this."

"Hm... I can deal with that. So, how do we start?" 

Taeyeon moved her chair beside Tiffany and started to talk about her plans through her laptop. She was too focused on explaining every detail that she didn't notice the eyes of the other girl staring at her, tracing her facial features with her eyes.

Tiffany almost jumped from her seat when the pair of eyes she was just staring seconds locked with hers, brows furrowed with a confused look on her face. 

"Is there something wrong?" Taeyeon asked when she noticed a shade of pink on Tiffany's cheeks.

"Uh - no. Nothing" 

"Okay then, As I was saying..." Taeyeon continued with her plans while the other tried her best to keep her focus on the project. 

She was amazed by Taeyeon's plans for the project. She was suggesting to build a three storey, 600 square meters mansion with 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, she inserted some plans for outdoor amenities like swimming pool and tennis court. She'll be leaving some ideas for Tiffany to suggest and with that they'll work together to combine those thoughts together. 

"So as you can see, we got two weeks to plan for this, the earlier the better since Krystal's wedding is on the following month." Taeyeon rested her back on the chair after minutes of talk and grabbed her cup of coffee just beside Tiffany. 

"I can give you some plans for interior design in two days"

"Great! But no need to rush yourself" 

"I want this to be deserving for your work" 

"I'm not the one who studied in London you know." 

"You're popular Taeyeon, you got that big time clients lining up for you. That also leaves me a question as to why you wouldn't want to work for them yourself." 

"I'm the president, and as the president I wanted to supervise them, to share my knowledge with them. I couldn't t do that if I'm too serious at work abd besides, I always get that 5% override you know" Tiffany gasped when Taeyeon winked at her followed by a playful chuckle. 

"You got me on that one" 

"Yeah? We'll be meeting each other again tomorrow, speaking of which, I need to get your phone number for emergency purposes" Taeyeon swiped her phone and handed it to Tiffany for her to type her number in. She gave it back to her when she's done and they both sighrled in relief.

"Talking is really tiresome." Taeyeon mumbled in her breathe but didn't escape from Taeyeon's ears. 

"Not fond of it?" 

"Not really."

"Let's go find another place to eat then" Tiffany grabbed her purse and jacket and motioned Taeyeon to follow her. 

_

"Yiyun I'm sorry" Krystal couldn't help but feel guilty after what she said to him an hour ago. She hated herself for forgetting that Yiyun's sister is gay and she regretted what spilled out from . 

She isn't disgusted about same relationships at all, she was just feeling strange about it. Not in a negative way but in a way she herself couldn't even explain.

She hopes she can explain everything to him but he grew really quiet since that incident, answering each questions in a one to two word replies. 

"It's okay" Amber forced a smile and pretended that everythingnwas okay but deep inside her everything was crushing down to pieces. Knowing how Krystal sees same relationships adds burden to her already burdened soul and in some way she was troubled on how she would react if she finally knows her secret. It was scary, thinking what she might tell or even do to her and her family. 

"It's not. I was insensitive of your feelings for your sister and I regret that. Please forgive me?" 

"You're long forgiven Krys" 

"Halt it."

"Huh?"

"Stop the car" 

"Oh" 

Amber did as she was told and pulled the car to a stop on one corner. She rested her back on the seat and looked at Krystal who was smiling at her.

"What is it?" 

"I'm sorry." Amber felt her heart and mind stopped when Krystal leaned in and placed a kiss on her right cheek. She even stayed her lips for longer before pulling back and even caressed the left with her hands.