Feelings

My Brother's Substitute

"Uhm Yiyun" Krystal called when they were left behind their families after exiting the airport. Amber was just few inches ahead of her looking depressed that she hesitated asking for something.

"Yup?" She might try to look fine but her eyes betrayed her which Krystal also noticed.

"Would it be too much if I ask you to accompany me to the doctor? My weekly check up is due today. It's okay if you wouldn't want to come" Krystal was fidgeting with her fingers for she really don't know how to deal with him. She's scared that he might be fed up just like before and leave her. 

"Why are you asking me? Ofcourse I will go with you. That's our baby we're talking about" Amber's face lightened as she took Krystal's hand and lead her to her car. They said their goodbyes to their parents and drove off. 

An awkward silence was prevailing inside the closed vehicle with Amber dying to ask that one question she really wanted to know since they met. 

"Can you feel that I love You?" Not thinking twice, she blurted out. She was confused of Yiyun's relationship with her. Starting from him saying that she doesn't know her to the time where Krystal told her that he never took genuine care of her.

Krystal was too surprised of that unexpected question, Does he love me? That was the question she was also asking to herself all this time. All she knew that their dating stage was just a mere flirting for him, maybe all he wanted was to get her ity and run off, he might have get it but unluckily for him, she got pregnant. And now... does she really feel that he loves her? 

"Honestly Yun... I don't."

"Why?" Amber maintained a serious, flat tone that made the both of them uneasy. 

"When we're still dating, it was just a usual flirting for you. The things you always do to get a girl then leave her. It's not the kind of dating where you prove your feelings... you were so full of yourself... sorry" she bowed her head, waiting for him to say that he's fed up and tired. But when he pulled the car to stop and jogged to her door to open it she was surprised of the next thing he did.

Yiyun took her gently by the hand, they were beside a vast space of lush green fields and the wind was blowing in a manner which can soothe anyone's soul. The moment they were both outside, He knelt in front of her, took out a small box and opened it. 

"I'm sorry. For all the things I did, if I used you before or took advantage of you. I'm sorry if I was too stupid to take you for granted but please give me a chance to prove Yiyun to you, to love you and your baby and to cherish you while I am still here. Please Marry me Kryatal Jung" 

Amber rehearsed these lines in her head for a million times now, she even didn't have a chance to sleep last night just to make things work. She might not have all the answers to her questions, she was sure that Krystal was used and there is no chance of Yiyun showing up to take them. She was wrong about her brother, he's not the good brother she have in mind. He's an , weak, scared brat and she wanted to try and make things right for the family he left behind and it's Krystal's and her own.

She saw tears forming from Krystal's eyes when she lifted her head to look at her, those eyes told her everything. The pain, the feeling of being left behind. Krystal tugged her up which she complied and the moment she was on her feet, Krystal lunged herself at her. She was crying heavily, that Amber felt her sleeves wet from her tears, she was mumbling incoherent words as her hands gripped on Amber's shirt. 

"I thought we are going to be alone, I thought my child would suffer a life of pain because his father left him. I thought the whole university will continue to tease me of being a teenage mother who would raise her child alone, I thought..." 

"Krystal" Amber tightened her hold of Krystal's waist and pulled her closer, until she could hear the heartbeat of Amber. 

She sincerely wanted to ease all of her pain away, she knew how conservative the people in Korea were, and how degrading it is to bear a child during your teens worse, to be left by a retard husband.

They were in that position until Amber pulled off to wipe away the tears from Krystal's eyes. 

"I thought you're going to say that you're tired because of my icy attitude again" Krystal said in a low tone which made Amber chuckle. 

"I honestly think I'm used to it" 

"You still haven't seen it's full form"

"Ohh.. scary" 

"True. And I'm already saying my advance apologies if I started to become moody." 

"Just be yourself Krys, that's what I want" 

"Thanks. Now give me my ring and let's go to my doctor" Amber shot a brow at the sudden change of attitude in just a split second. Lat minute she was sweet and the next she's bossy. Seriously, how can she even do that? 

She shook her head and carefully placed the ring on her Index finger. She smiled at her who smiled back and gave her a quick peck on her cheeks. 

"Let's go?" 

"Sure" 

_

"Please take care of her, there would be changes both in her physical and emotional aspects so please expect worsts and bests" 

Amber felt the hairs on her neck stood, worsts and bests? So that means that the ice witch might... Oh my god.

"Will do. Thanks" she looked at Krystal who was busy looking at pictures of the pregnant women who gave birth at the hospital and her face showed excitement and fear. 

"Let's go? Your doctor said you need to eat so we'll grab some healthy foods before I bring you home" 

"Can I have pizza? And burger? And fries? And..." 

"What I said was healthy...not junk" her tone made Krystal's temperature rise a bit, no one, she meas no one can ever label her favorites as junk. She glared at Amber too deep that it might actually create a hole on the latter's soul. That made the her flinch and raise her hands up in the air.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. We'll get those but you also need to promise me to eat vegetables." 

"I can deal with that" 

"Good" 

"Don't boss me around Yun" 

"Sorry" She's been saying the word 'Sorry' for quite a number of times now right? 

_

A tear fell from Seulgi's eyes as she watched the clouds from the windows of the airplane she was in. She remembered what Amber said to her that night before... 

"Yiyun is a bastard" They were on the bed cuddling after waking up at the same time because of an unknown reason when Amber spoke. 

"I know he's terribly irresponsible but how come you were able to call him that?" 

"Because I don't think he will be coming back soon" 

"What do you mean?" 

"It's obvious that he doesn't want to take responsibility, he's scared, coward." 

"Amber" 

"I hate him you know, how he always thinks of only himself and not others. He even managed to mess us up" 

"Mess us up?" 

"If we can't find him sooner or later, you know how everything will workout right? I'm gonna play as him all through out" 

"You cannot hide that fact forever" 

"I need to, or else my mom and dad..." 

"Then what about us? Are you saying that we're not gonna push through with our marriage?" Seulgi stood, she was about to cry but she tried her best to pull the tears back. Everything's finally sinking in, Yiyun seriously messed them up.

"We will, surely for two years he can't hide from us. But as of now let's not be dependent. This is the first time we'll live miles apart from each other. I just wanted to be realistic enough"

_

"May I take a seat beside you? I asked the lady attendant if I can and she said yes" Seulgi trance was cut off when a girl maybe slightly around her age approached her, pointing to the vacant seat beside. 

"Sure you may" 

"I'm Irene by the way" 

"Seulgi"