Chapter 35

Best mom ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few years later…

The sound of an alarm woke you up. You furrowed your eyebrows and squeezed your eyes tight. You felt movement on the other side of the bed and the sound stopped.

“Good morning.” You mumbled, pulling up the covers and snuggling further into the pillow.

“Good morning, love.” You heard Amber say and then felt her lips on yours. She gave you a soft kiss and then nuzzled your neck. “How’s my baby today?” She asked, rubbing your tummy.

“Still asleep.” You said and then felt a kick. “Never mind, she’s awake.” You said and smiled.

“Good morning, Irene.” Amber said, uncovering you and then kissed your tummy. “Don’t give mommy a hard time while I’m at work.” Amber said and stood up.

“Have a nice day, honey.” You said, covering yourself again.

“Thanks, love. If something happens, call me and I’ll be here in ten minutes, okay?” Amber said, sitting beside you and you nodded. “I love you.” She leaned down and kissed your forehead.

“I love you too.” You said back with a smile on your face.

 

At around one pm, you were already up and making lunch when you felt your pants getting wet. You started feeling a contraction and held on to the counter, waiting for the pain to stop.

Once it stopped you rushed to get your phone and called Amber. Her secretary answered the phone and you told her to let Amber know that you were in labor and to meet you at the hospital.

You then called Taeyeon.

“Hi baby, how are you?” Taeyeon said as soon as she answered. You felt another contraction. “Are you okay?” She asked, worried.

“Mom, my water broke.” You said, groaning.

“I’ll be there soon, just breathe.” She said and hung up the phone.

 

Not even ten minutes later, Taeyeon was in your house. She picked up your things and then helped you get in her car.

She drove you to the hospital and they took you to a room.

“You have to wait for a while until you’re dilated enough and then we’ll get everything ready, okay?” Your doctor said and you nodded.

You felt another contraction and held Taeyeon’s hand tight.

“Breathe, baby.” Taeyeon said, rubbing your back.

“It hurts.” You said with tears streaming down your face.

“I know, honey but baby Irene will be here soon and the pain will go away.” Taeyeon said trying to calm you.

 

Not long after Amber arrived.

“I’m sorry, there was a lot of traffic. Are you okay?” She said, kissing your head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter