Chapter 22

Best mom ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s been a few months since you got sick. You could be resting at home and only go to the hospital for your chemo but the doctor prefers to keep you there since he didn’t notice your sickness the first time you went to the hospital. He wants to be sure that you’re okay before he let’s you go back home.

You’re getting weaker as time goes by. You have no news about Krystal other than the words ‘She’s doing her homework’ or ‘She’s not home’ coming from Jessica every time you call her home. You know that she’s avoiding you and all you want to know is why.

Today you have your finals. Your teachers know your situation and they let you take all your tests the same day. You’ve been studying every day for the past three weeks.  

 

It’s early morning. Yoona woke you up a few minutes ago and went to get breakfast for you both since she’ll be the one to drive you to school and back. She’ll stay there instead of going back to the hospital because some of the teachers want to talk to her and also because Yuri, who is currently the new coach of the school’s swimming team, told her she could spend the time with her while she waited for you.

Taeyeon went home earlier when Yoona arrived at the hospital. She took all your clothes and theirs so that she could do the laundry since you won’t be back at the hospital until the afternoon.

Yoona came back to your room with your breakfast and placed it on your table, moving it closer to you.

“Are you hungry?” She asked, sitting beside you. You smiled a little and nodded. “Good, your brain needs energy to pass all the tests” She said, smiling at you.

“What if I don’t pass?” You asked, resting your head on her shoulder. She kissed your head.

“You will” She said, placing your breakfast in front of you.

 

You both enjoyed your breakfast and then you got dressed while she signed the papers so you could go out for a few hours. You got your things and put on the beanie Tiffany got for you, you don’t want people to stare at your bald head in school. Yoona went back to your room and got her purse.

“Are you ready?” She asked, helping you put on your jacket. You nodded and held onto her arm.

You walked at a slow pace to the car because you get tired easily. When you got there, she helped you get in and then drove to your school.

“Are your friends going to be there?” Yoona asked, focused on the road.

“Yes, they said they’ll wait for me outside. I have the first test with them” You said, checking that you had all you needed in your backpack.

“You just have one with the whole class?” She asked.

“No, I have the first one and then the one before classes are over” You said and she nodded. “Will you be there?” You asked.

“Yes, I’ll be with Yuri after I talk to your teachers. They want to talk to me” She said. “They were eager to talk to me. Did you misbehave?” She asked pretending to be mad.

“No” You said, shaking your head. “I wasn’t even there.” You said and chuckled. She smiled.

 

You arrived at school and saw your friends, Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Sooyoung waiting for you at the entrance. They saw you and waved at you, excitedly. You smiled and waved back. Yoona parked the car and you both got out. Your friends ran to you and gave you a giant group hug. Yoona stood on the side, smiling.

“We missed you, ___” Hyoyeon said once they parted the hug.

“I missed you too” You said, a smile never leaving your face.

“We’re sorry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter