Chapter 21

Best mom ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s been a few weeks since you started your chemotherapy. You’ve lost weight and you’re exhausted all the time. Taeyeon and Yoona have been staying with you at the hospital and they take turns going home so you’re not alone.

 

Just now, the sound of Taeyeon typing on her laptop woke you up. You blinked a few times and glanced at her. She looked focused on her work. You looked around the room while running your fingers through your long hair. You felt something on your hand and glanced at it as you took it away from your hair. You went wide eyed, got your phone, the camera and looked at yourself.

“Mom?” You said with teary eyes.

“Yes baby?” She said, still working on her laptop. You hugged your knees and buried your face in your arms, sobbing. Taeyeon turned to look at you wide eyed. She stood up, placed her laptop aside and sat beside you.

“Hey… What’s wrong?” She said, wrapping her arms around you and kissing your head.

You ran your fingers through your hair again and showed her your handful of hair which had fallen out effortlessly. You then hugged her and sobbed in her arms as she tried to calm you.

“Shhh, it’s okay.” She whispered, rubbing your back and giving you kisses on your head.

 

A while later Yoona dropped by to check on you. She had work all day but she went to your room every once in a while to make sure you were okay. She walked inside and found no one, then heard Taeyeon in the bathroom.

“Are you sure you want to cut it all?” Taeyeon said as she ran a brush through your hair. Yoona stood there watching you two from the bathroom door. You were sitting down on a chair in front of the mirror while Taeyeon stood behind you.

“It’ll fall off soon anyways” You said sadly while looking at yourself in the mirror.

“Okay then” Taeyeon said getting a pair of scissors. “I’ll cut it first and then I’ll use the razor”.

“Wait!” You stopped her as she was about to start cutting it. “Do you have a licence to use those?”

“I don’t, but I’ll do my best” She said pinching your cheek and smiling at you through the mirror. You smiled back.

“Go ahead then” You said and looked down. It was your choice to cut it but you still felt a sinking feeling inside.

“Here I go” Taeyeon said as she started cutting your hair. A few tears ran down your cheeks as Yoona approached you and kneeled beside you.

“Hey…it’s okay…” She said while cleaning your tears with her thumbs. You raised your head and smiled sadly at her.

“It’ll grow back, okay?” She said as she pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter