Chapter 30

Best mom ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You’ve been back at the hospital for a week. The doctors are going to try a new medicine on you that might help you get better faster. You agreed to it because you want to go back to your normal life.

 

“This might burn a bit as it goes through.” The doctor said, injecting the new medicine in your IV. You nodded.

“Can I...?” You said, pointing at your homework.

“Sure, go ahead. You might feel lightheaded so just lie down, it’s a common side effect.” He explained, you nodded again and continued doing your homework. You frowned when you felt the medicine running through your veins but pushed the feeling aside and tried to focus.

 

Taeyeon, who just got back from an important meeting, lied down beside you on your bed. You moved aside to give her more space. She stayed up all night to finish an important project.

“Homework?” She asked, closing her eyes while rubbing your back.

“Yeah.” You said, glancing at her.

“Was the doctor here already?” She asked, opening her eyes. You nodded. “Does it hurt?”

“No...” You said, turning to look back at your homework. Taeyeon continued rubbing your back until she fell asleep.

 

About half an hour later, you felt your vision getting blurry. You rubbed your eyes and tried to continue with your homework, but as time passed it was getting worst. You moved the table aside and lied down, snuggling to Taeyeon, who unconsciously wrapped her arms around you. You then closed your eyes and tried to rest.

Yoona went to your room to check on you. She smiled when she saw you both snuggled up together and sat down on a chair right beside you. You turned around carefully so you wouldn’t wake Taeyeon and she smiled at you.

“Mom?” You whispered, she held your hand. “I can’t see.”

“You can’t see anything at all?” She asked, standing up. She took out a flashlight from her front pocket and examined your eyes.

“Everything’s blurry.” You explained. “Should I worry?” You asked.

“I’ll be right back.” She said, not answering your question.

 

Yoona walked all around the hospital looking for your doctor. She found him doing a consult and waited for him to finish. Once he was done she talked to him.

“Dr. Im, something wrong?” He asked, motioning her to walk with him.

“I’m not sure, Dr. Choi, ___ had her first dose of the new treatment an hour ago.” Yoona explained and he nodded. “Her vision is blurry, is that normal?” She asked, concerned.

“It’s not common, but it happens sometimes with this medicine.” He explained to her as they entered his office. He motioned her to sit down.

“What can we do about it?” She asked, sitting down on the couch.

“We can stop the treatment if you want, but to be honest, this medicine is our best choice.” He explained to her and she nodded again. “You of all people should know.”

“I know…” Yoona said, burying her face in her hands. “It’s just hard for us to see our daughter go through this… again.”

Yoona broke down and started crying.

Dr. Choi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter