Ice Cold Shame

Silence

Yoongi grunted as he turned to his left. He looked at the wall, tracing the uneven paint that covered the wall. His body was tired, but his mind refuses to let him sleep. Every time he closed his eyes, the sight of the past came back, haunting him until he opened his eyes again. He haven't had nightmares like this since he was in the middle school. To him, it was childish to have this kind of nightmare again. He thought he was free, but a certain someone came in his life, triggering all the fears and the nightmare he had sealed away.

Yoongi clenched his fists, and started to punch the air. He was frustrated, angry, and mostly disappointed. But no matter how hard he tries, he couldn't get rid of the big question. 'To whom' he was scared of? Disappointed of? Himself? For years he had tried to find the answer, but he failed. Then he gave up finding, and he pushed the question away so that he was freed from it. Or so he thought.

"Jimin." Yoongi muttered, trying to shake the images of the boy in his head. 'Well, he said that Jimin could not get up by himself without collapsing. So I guess he's pretty sick to me.' Taehyung's words echoed through his mind, adding even more frustration in his chest. Jimin is sick? He knew pretty well why Jimin is sick. But he wasn't supposed to feel bad about Jimin. He was supposed to feel satisfied, that finally he'd hurt Jimin as much as Jimin hurt him. But why does the guilt arose in his chest, choking him until he felt like vomiting and disgusted with himself? Who the hell is this Jimin boy until he had the power to made Yoongi shivered and trembled in fear like this?

Yoongi sat up on his bed, feeling a little depressed. It's fricking 3 A.M. and he was still wide awake. The ticking of clock was loud, alternating with the sound of his breath, as if mocking him. With a heavy sigh, he got up, and went downstairs to the kitchen. Grabbing the glass and opening the fridge, he took a bottle of mineral water out. Pouring the water into the glass, he then took a big gulp from the cold water, feeling the water went down to his tummy, making him felt a little cooler inside. He poured himself another glass of water and drank it oneshot, before putting the glass on the table, and plopped down on the chair. He then looked at the palm of his left hand, and then to the wrist of the same hand. An ugly scar that stretched from one end of his wrist to another end made him cringed inward. He clenched his fist, making the palm of his hand turned white, and the hideous line on his wrist seemed to be more vivid.

**********

Jungkook beamed cheerfully at the sight of the omelets in front of him. He was hungrier than usual, maybe because he was actually looking forward to go to school - after a few days stuck at home with only playing computer games in Jimin's room or watching tv in the living room. And with Jimin lying on the bed unmoving save for a few whines and screams added the boredom.  He felt a slight nudge at his side, before his eyes met Jimin's eyes, whom gave him a signal to eat fast.

Jimin just smiled softly when he saw Jungkook watched the food in front him with a dreamy expression. Sometimes Jungkook can be a little dreamy - a trait which Jimin finds adorable. Jimin almost finished his food when he heard a car whirred outside, a sign that Jin had arrived. Ever since the incident, Jin had came to visit and took care of both of them after school, making them became closer pretty fast. Seeing Jungkook still did not touch his food yet, Jimin nudged the other, snapping Jungkook out from his LaLa Land.

"Morning, Mrs. Jeon. Hello guys. Ready for school?" Jin strode in, greeted Jungkook's mom at the door and went straight to the table where they were eating. Giving the brightest smile, Jin chuckled as he ruffles both of Jungkook's and Jimin's hair, earning a scowl from both of them. He then looked at Jimin, and put his hand on Jimin's neck.

"Feels better?" He asked, flashing the sweet smile again. Jimin nodded, smiling gratefully at Jin. Jin took a seat then, waiting for both of them to finish eating. He then helped with the dish, and engaged in a small talk with Jungkook's mom before they finally took their bags, each gave kisses to the woman as usual and went off to Jin's car outside.

**********

Jungkook screamed in delight as the bell rang. It's finally time for lunch! Jungkook couldn't help it when his tummy made a few tortured growling sound while the teacher had been teaching in front, earning a few chuckles from both Taehyung and Jimin who sat beside him. Jungkook noticed that Taehyung did not really sleep today, but he got a little annoyed at the constant yawns from the other, which resulted in him yawning as well.

He took Jimin's hands, and ignoring Jimin's groan of protest, he pulled Jimin quickly out the classroom and ran towards the cafe. He did not care about the stares he got from other people - those stares won't fill his empty stomach anyway. After a few minutes of intense running, both of them arrived at the cafeteria, panting quite hard.

Jungkook sighed in content as he took the tray and got in the line. He wiped the sweat on his forehead with the sleeves of his jacket, before Jimin tapped his hand away softly. Jimin then pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket, and slowly tipped his feet and wiped Jungkook's forehead with the hanky.

"Hey kids! Waited long?" Jin asked, as he walked towards the other two, passing a few students who had queued behind them. Jin ignored most of the grunts, and shot them a short warning glance which had most of them cowered in fear, before he resumed talking to the two boys.

After a while, they finally got their food. Scanning the cafe, Jungkook finally spotted an empty place. He then rushed to the place, before shouting to Jimin.

"Hyung, take spoon for me and Jin hyung." Jungkook hollered, pulling Jin with him to the seat. Jimin just nodded, being the obedient boy he is, and shuffled slowly to the spoon and fork rack. He took enough spoons and forks for all three of them, before slowly he shuffled to the seat, carefully balancing the tray he was holding on. He looked down, stepping forward carefully to avoid any spilling of the hot soup in his tray.

He stepped forward, before he felt someone bumped into him and the tray slipped from his grip. The tray turned over, and it fell down on the floor, the bowl and the spoons followed, creating a shattering and cluttering sound that made everyone in the room looked at their direction.

"! It's hot!" Yoongi yelled, looking at his jacket and shirt, which was wet with soup now, not to mention his skin was practically burning and scorching from the soup.

Jimin just looked at the boy before him, dumbstruck. He had never encountered a situation like this. He was scared and embarrassed at the same time. He tried to wipe the soup away from the boy, but the boy grunted quickly and shoved Jimin's hand away.

"Are you blind?" The boy shouted, making Jimin flinched. He could feel a lump started to form in his throat, and he started to feel uneasy in his stomach. He stumbled forward when someone took his waist and pulled him away from the angry boy. Jimin just bowed apologetically to the other, before he could feel a hand pressed on his shoulder, urging him to sit.

"What was that hyung? What had happened?" Jungkook voice echoed in Jimin's ears, but the fear he felt just now made him trembled. He just looked at the mess quite far from the place they they sit now. Nobody dared to do anything but watching and whispering, a scene Jimin was very familiar of. He could feel his heart beating fast, and his face started to get hotter and hotter, both from fear and shame.

He was about to take a deep breath when the sudden coldness hit him. He could see the boy just now, holding an empty glass in front of him. The cold water trickled down his hair, over to his jacket and shirt. A few ice fell down on the floor, some on his lap. He just looked at the boy, and at himself, alternately. The cafe was silence again, and Jimin could feel a lot of gaze piercing towards him. He just looked at the boy, keeping his face straight, before he got up and stormed out from the cafe, slowly feeling his tears flowed out.

Everything happened to fast, and the next thing Jungkook knew, Jimin was running out from the cafeteria. He stood up and ran after Jimin, calling Jimin's name desperately.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Yoongi? Are you finally going crazy?" Jin shouted, and pushed Yoongi a little.

"Can't you see? He ing made me bathe a bowl of hot soup, and he didn't even have the guts to say sorry? To say ing sorry?" Yoongi roared towards Jin.

"You are a jerk! Who do you think you are, that you have the power to punish a mute boy for not saying sorry?" Jin bellowed back in fury.

"What? M- Mute?" Yoongi asked, taken aback. His voice faltered, clearly surprised by the fact that he just registered.

"Yes. Park Jimin is ing mute, you idiot!" Jin replied, before he pushed Yoongi and went out from the cafeteria, leaving Yoongi on the floor, gasping in shock.

***********

Finally, it's done! I'm having a writer's block, and everything I'm writing seemed so wrong. *facepalmed*

I don't know about this chapter, I hope its good. But honestly, I'm not so satisfied with it really T_T

Anyway, this chapter was inspired by Chandelier by Sia. For those who haven't heard or seen the MV yet, please do. It's awesome! *I like the live performance on Ellen though*

So, happy reading! Please tell me what you think of this chapter. *bows* Sorry again.