Not hiding

Silence

Jimin took Jungkook's hand, before Jungkook pulled it back.

"Don't give me that look." Jungkook snapped, looking at Jimin furiously.

"Jungkook, please." Jimin said pleadingly, looking at Jungkook.

" off. You are a liar. A big, fat liar. I hate you!" Jungkook screamed out, as he spat towards his side, making Jimin's eyes widen in shock. Jimin took Jungkook's hand in his, but Jungkook quickly snapped it away, making Jimin plunged forward a little, almost falling down the bed.

Jungkook got up from the bed, and he walked towards the door.

"K- Ko- Kook." Jimin's raspy voice broke the silence. Jungkook stopped short, but he shook his head, and continue to walk again.

"I hate you, hyung." Jungkook said, before he went out of the room, and he slammed the door behind him. He sighed, as he leaned towards the closed door, trying to find some strength for him to continue his walk away from Jimin's room.

He could feel his tears slowly falling through the end of his eyes, but he made no gesture to wipe it off. He wanted it to wash his disappointment away. He never thought that Jimin would go out with Yoongi alone, knowing that Yoongi had hurt him before. And what hurt him more was that, Jimin didn't even tell him anything about Yoongi, but yet the first word that came out of Jimin's mouth just now was Yoongi's name, despite him being the one carrying Jimin up to his room, and let alone he had been the one that always put his effort to protect Jimin from any kinds of danger. He was frustrated, really frustrated.

Meanwhile, inside the room, Jimin was dumbfounded. He looked at the door with a mixed feeling inside him. He was scared from seeing the crash, he was glad that he's home, he was worried about Yoongi, he was sad when Jungkook snapped at him, and he was clueless as to why Jungkook had been so harsh to him.

Jimin shifted on the bed, but he didn't make any effort to go out and chase after Jungkook. What he knew, he was too tired to even move his body, let alone his mind to try and process what was happpening. What he knew was everything seemed to be blurry, before he lie down on his side, and slowly he closes his eyes, and everything seemed to black as he slowly felt himself fade away into nothingness.

**********

"Although Jimin seemed like a normal boys, he actually had meet with a very harsh accident in his life. You know the fact that he became a mute boy because he encountered a traumatic incident in his lfe before, right?" Mrs. Jeon asked softly, looking at Yoongi's eyes. Yoongi just nodded his head.

"I am well aware of that. The doctor told me that before. But Jimin kept his mouth tight whenever I ask about it. But I do remember the doctor said that he did not remember why or how did his voice was lost. Something abut suppressed memory or brain thing...I forgot the name." Yoongi said as he shot an apologetic look to both the elder in front of him.

"It's okay. It's the same thing that we heard when we first brought him to the doctor before. He had undergone plenty of therapies when he was young, but he never gave up. He used to tell us that he wanted to sing along with Jungkook. It used to be his dream. But then, the therapies he attended never give any positive results, and he finally got tired of it. I still remember when he sulked for days when he finally realized that he could not talk anymore. He blamed himself for everything; for being so weak, for being useless." Mrs. Jeon explained, to which Yoongi shook his head.

"I never thought that his voice would be so important to him." Yoongi muttered, before he kept himself silent. He wondered just how many unseen tears had Jimin shed, and how many unheard sobs had Jimin let out. He sighed slowly, before he looked back at the couple in front of him.

"Can you tell me what happened? Jimin...He can't seem to remember." Yoongi asked, both in curiosity and hesitation. However, the couple only shook their heads.

"I think it's better if Jimin tells you himself." Mr. Jeon said, looking straight into Yoongi's eyes. However, Yoongi shook his head.

"Please. I need to know what happened. I...I can't stand looking at Jimin freaking out. It...Hurts me." Yoongi trailed off as he pleaded. Mr. Jeon sighed, and exchanged glances with Mrs. Jeon.

"Listen, Yoongi. This thing had happened a long time ago. We've been keeping it a secret, and so is Jimin. And we just don't know if...Jimin would let us tell it to....someone out of the family. I'm sorry." Mrs. Jeon said while she took Yoongi's hand, and then looked at Yoongi with an apologetic expressions.

"Please. I need to know. I promise I will take care of him. I....I love him." Yoongi replied slowly as he looked down, unable to look into the elder's eyes in front of him. Yoongi heard another sighed, followed by silence, before Mrs. Jeon let his hand go.

"It was a beautiful year for all of us." Mr. Jeon said, making Yoongi looked up to the man's face, puzzled.

"I, Jimin's dad and Seunggi, another friends of ours ran a company together. We had that company for some time, but that particular year, the profit skyrocketed. We received a lot of contracts, and the money kept on coming in." Mr. Jeon said, before he paused a little to take a deep breath.

"That night, Seunggi did not come to our Annual company party. I received his phone call later that night. He was crying hard. He told me his wife had left him. We were quite shocked to hear the news, but we couldn't really do anything except to comfort him. We never knew why did his wife left. Seunggi never told us anything about his life, and he rarely brought his family to any occasion. We always thought that he was happy, with his wife and his son. This news actually shocked us as well, but I guess he took the blow pretty hard." Mr. Jeon looked down, and Mrs. Jeon took his hand, and hold it tightly, as if giving her husband strength to continue the story.

"Since then, he became somebody else. He started to drift away from us. He didn't come to the office, and he didn't answer any of our calls. Being an understanding person, the boss - Jimin's father, Sungmin - decided to let Seunggi took his time. A few months passed, but still no news from Seunggi. Meanwhile, Sungmin had noticed a mass profit loos from the company's bank. He told me this, and we investigated the matter without Seunggi knowing it." Mr. Jeon wiped a tear that slid down his cheeks and take a breath.

"We got to know that Seunggi was the one who had been stealing the company's money. I thought about reporting the matter, but Sungmin decided to go and talk to Seunggi about this. He went to Seunggi's house, and that was the last time we saw him." Mr. Jeon wiped another tear, and his voice started to crack. Mrs. Jeon rubbed her husbands back comfortingly.

"A few days later, we realized that the whole Park family were missing. Sungmin was missing since the last time he went to Seunggi's house, and he never came back since. Meanwhile, Eunji and Jimin were missing the day after that, when both of them went to lodge a police report regarding Sungmin's disappearance. Eunji's grandfather realized that all of them were missing, and proceed to lodge a report immediately, and informed us afterwards. The police found both of the car that Sungmin and Eunji used parked near Seunggi's house, but nobody was there. The police suspected that Seunggi was somehow related with missing people, and they started to track Seunggi's whereabout." Mrs. Jeon continued the story.

"Two days after that, we received a call that they found Seunggi's whereabout, and they will bust the place. They informed us, and we immediately went there. But somehow, it was too late. Seunggi had killed Sungmin, and he was about to kill Jimin. When the police pinned him down, I went to Eunji's side. She was battling for her life, and she managed to spoke a few words, asking me to take care of Jimin just like my own. Then she passed away, right on my lap." Mrs. Jeon said, before she started to sobs softly and cried.

"I....I am sorry to hear that." Yoongi said slowly, as he felt guilty for asking about it.

"It's okay, Yoongi. It wasn't your fault. Now you know why Jimin becomes who he is now. We don't know what he had experienced, but seeing the trauma he had, we guess he saw a pretty bad thing." Mrs. Jeon said in between her sobs.

"I...I never knew. He was so strong I never knew his life is so...tragic." Yoongi said in shocked. He never guessed someone like Jimin could hold a secret like this for years. Suddenly, he felt his hand being pulled, and he was surprised when he saw Mrs. Jeon was holding his hands.

"Yoongi, I know we barely knew each other, but we can see that you truly loves our Jimin. Please, promise me that you will take care of him with your life." Mrs. Jeon said, almost pleading. Yoongi was surprised, but he smiled softly and nodded.

"I will try my best." Yoongi promised, relief washed over him as he saw the elder's faces in front of him.

"Thank you for believing in me." Yoongi added, which brought smiles to the pairs. Mr. Jeon then hugged Yoongi and patted his shoulder.

"Thank you, son." He said, grateful that now Jimin would have someone for him to rely on. He then released Yoongi, and stood up.

"Okay, I guess I have to go and check how both of them are doing now. Yoongi, you might want to go home and rest. Today had been a rough day for you." Mr. Jeon said, to which Yoongi nodded in agreement.

"Okay Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. I guess I head back to my house and rest. Tell Jimin I went home, and send my apologies to Jungkook." Yoongi said, before he stood up, and bowed politely before he went out and head straight back to his car, ready to go home. He just hoped that Jimin will be alright soon.


This is it~

Another update.

Sorry for taking too much time. I hope this is good enough for you guys.

Thanks for your endless support!!!! I love you guys!!!