Not My Choice Part 2

Silence

Yoongi kept on driving, as the silence filled the air again. Jimin just stayed silent, looking out over the window. They were heading into the bustling city of Seoul again, making Jimin even curious about the surprise that Yoongi had prepared for him. Yoongi was not interested in indulging in any conversation with Jimin, therefore the silence. He just drove off, and occasionally he glanced towards his watch to see the time. It was very clear that he was in rush, looking at the way he had been restlest and his driving was kinda reckless. Jimin could only gave him a tap of warning on Yoongi's hand whenever he felt Yoongi speeding up.

Every time Jimin's hand touched Yoongi's, Jimin could felt the tense that was emanating from Yoongi's body slowly subsided. Though at first he just put his hand on Yoongi's for a quick warning, but now he had his palm on the back of Yoongi's hand, and together they controlled the car's gear. Jimin didn't knew what made him so brave to do that, but seeing Yoongi's calm expression and no protest coming from him, Jimin took it as an okay gesture to do.

After what seemed fifteen minutes long, Yoongi pulled up in front of a big, white building that was all too familiar for him a few years back. Jimin looked at Yoongi questioningly when Yoongi pulled into one of the empty parking lot and turned his car off.

"We've arrived." Yoongi said, before he pulled his hand away from Jimin's and went out of the car, stretching himself up. Jimin was still puzzled, but he got out of the car nonetheless, and took his phone out.

"What is all this, Yoongi?" Jimin typed, and looked at Yoongi as Yoongi just nod his head and took Jimin's hand into his.

"Let's find out." He said, as he walked towards the hospital entrance, with Jimin following him reluctantly. Jimin tried to break his hand free from Yoongi, but apparently Yoongi knew better. He tightened his grip on Jimin's hand, up until he heard Jimin finally sighed and gave up. He led Jimin straight to the receptionist.

"Hey. I've made an appointment for my friend here. Park Jimin." Yoongi said, looking at the receptionist as the receptionist typed something on her computer, before nodding.

"Yes, you were right on time. Dr. Yoon is waiting for you in his room. Please take the lift and go to the second floor, the Psychiatry section. And just knock on Dr. Yoon's room on the left. I'll inform him that you have come. Thank you." The receptionist said, and Yoongi nodded, before thanking the receptionist and went to the lift, entering it together with Jimin. Jimin was busy typing something on his phone to realize that only both of them in the lift. He snapped his hand out of Yoongi's softened hold, looking at Yoongi furiously. He shoved Yoongi the phone.

"What are you doing? Are out of your mind?" 

"Yeah. I am." Yoongi said shortly, to which flared Jimin's wrath even more.

"Send me home now. Or else I'll go back on my own." Jimin typed, to which Yoongi sighed, as the lifts door opened. Yoongi took Jimin's hand, and dragged Jimin out of the lifts and turned left, before they found the said room. Jimin tried to struggle free, before he heard Yoongi snapped. He stayed silent and stopped struggling after that, when Yoongi knocked the door and went in.

Inside they were greeted by a fair skin, bright smiling doctor in a usual white coat. he was sitting on his chair, and gestured them to do the same. Yoongi sat down in front of the doctor, and Jimin sat beside Yoongi, his face pouting into a very sour expression.

"So, I guess the orange one is Park Jimin?" The doctor asked, looking at Yoongi.

"Erm, it's him." Yoongi said, pointing towards Jimin.

"Yeah, the orange one." The doctor said, before turning his head towards Jimin, and started to communicate with Jimin in sign language.

"Hello, orange. I am Lemon. Just kidding. I am Dr. Yoon DooJoon, an adolescent psychiatrist. Your fiancee here told me that you cannot speak." The coctor began, to which Jimin spared a glare towards Yoongi before he began to speak to the doctor.

"Hi. I am Park Jimin. Sorry for the sour face. I'm not in the mood. Anyway, he is not my fiancee. Were are not even in relationship. And yes, I cannot speak." Jimin replied.

"I see. Okay then. Are you born mute?"  The doctor began his interrogation.

"No. There's something happened. It was terrible. I don't really remember about it, but from what I know, it involves someone I loved dearly. The last thing I remember was waking up and I cannot talk." Jimin said, his expressions darkened. Being an experienced doctor, he knew something was up. He continued asking a few questions before he made a simple examination on Jimin, to see if Jimin was in an optimum health.

Then, he asked Jimin to sit on the couch in the middle of room while he talked to Yoongi about something. Jimin guessed he will talk to Yoongi about the same thing every doctor had told him before. Things wasn't going to change anyway. Jimin cannot talk, and he had been accepting that fact a long time ago. It hurts him to be in denial, to hope that someday he can talk again, when the fate had been so cruel to him. He just sat down on the couch, sighing and took his earphone out and listen to some songs in his phone.

"Yoongi, Jimin is suffering from elective mutism. It is a condition that happens usually when someone had encountered a trauma or when he chose not to talk. In Jimin's case. he don't remember what had happen to his voice. What he knew was he woke up with no voice at all. I believe that he had encountered a horrible incident in his life, and as a defensive mechanism, his brain suppressed the bad memory and forget the ability to talk." The doctor explained.

"Can he be cured?" Yoongi asked, frowning when he heard what the doctor said.

"I strongly believe he can. But I need your help." The doctor said, to which Yoongi quickly agreed.

"Tell me what to do." Yoongi said immediately.

"First, he was a little mad that you said he is your fiancee. Second, I believe that Jimin is holding back. Holding back and bottling up all the emotions he felt ever since the incident happen. So, I need you to investigate what event had took place in Jimin's life, and also I need you to let Jimin open himself up to you. Let him embrace the sadness and the trauma in him. Make him let go of the pain. And I need you to come here every week with him for talking therapy." The doctor said, to which Yoongi sighed.

"He is a difficult person doctor. Beside he already hates me now." Yoongi said, looking at Jimin for a moment before he put his attention to the doctor again.

"I know. I can tell that. But until he let all of his emotions go, I doubt he can talk again. If you really love him, then I suggest you start to work something out for him to open up to you." The doctor said, making Yoongi flinched.

"Okay. I'll try." Yoongi said, thanking the doctor and finally standing up, ready to go home.

**********

"Hey, are you mad at me?" Yoongi said, holding Jimin's wrist, preventing Jimin from going out from the car. Jimin shrugged, before he tried to pull his hand off Yoongi's hold.

"Jimin, can you at least give it a chance?" Yoongi pleaded softly.

"For what." Jimin typed, and looked at Yoongi with a blank expression.

"Hey...I'm sorry okay. I told the doctor that you were my fiancee because it'll make the appointments faster and easier." Yoongi said, to which Jimin responded to a long reply.

"And why are you doing this? You think that you are so smart, that I can be heal? You think that this mute thing is a joke? Does it looked like a joke to you? DO I look like a joke to you? Have you ever thought what would I feel, when the doctor said that I can talk again but the time never comes? Do you know how hurtful it is to hear music in my ears but being able to sing along to it? Do you freaking know anything about me? You don't! So don't you ing dare act like a Mr. Know-It-All and do this bull that you did to me today. you, Min Yoongi! I hate you!" Jimin typed angrily, and a silent tear finally flow down his cheeks. Jimin managed to get himself off from Yoonggi's hold, but Yoongi was fast enough to take Jimin's wrist back and pull Jimin into his chest.

"I don't know how hurtful it is to you. I don't. But I know how much you want your voice again. If you won't do it for yourself, at least do it for someone who cares about you. For Jungkook, for your mother....For me." Yoongi said softly as held to Jimin tight, and kissed Jimin's head.

Jimin tried to break free from Yoongi's hold, but the last sentence that Yoongi uttered struck his heart deep. For the first time, he let his tears flows out freely, as started to hug Yoongi for comfort from the pain he felt accumulating in his chest. It took him almost an hour to stop, and Yoongi's shirt was becoming really wet. When he finally calmed down, he looked at Yoongi, and gave him a soft smile.

"Thank you." He gestured, before he pointed towards the sunset and his house. Yoongi nodded, understanding what Jimin was trying to imply, before he let Jimin's hand go. He waved to Jimin as Jimin went out from his car, and went running into his house. Yoongi sighed again, and he started the engine, and drove off.


Yes, and the date ended.

Which couple you would like to see next?

TaeKook, NamJin or JRicky?