47. Beautiful In White

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

(Song: Westlife - "Beautiful in White" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRuDQ6aYeD0)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy stands stiffly as Seulgi is busy fixing her dress beside her.

 

 

 

The only one who has been speaking in the whole room is no one other than Ryu Sera.

 

 

“Seriously, Wendy, are you sure the rings are there ?” 

 

 

 

The said girl immediately protests, “I’m not you, I’m a very careful person. Ask Taeyeon-unnie.”

 

 

 

“Of course, I trust you.” Taeyeon, who is sitting on a chair having her make-up done, opens . 

 

 

 

“So……” Seulgi scratches her head a little. “Does it make us your best men ?” 

 

 

 

“Hmmm….. I am not a groom to begin with.” 

 

 

 

Chorong puts down her phone and joins in, “I think they are almost ready.”

 

 

 

“Oh my god, I’m so nervous right now.” Sooyoung, being her dramatic self, starts to pace around the room.

 

 

 

“It’s not your turn yet.” Wendy softly smacks her head.

 

 

 

“Today is my big day.” Taeyeon stands up and takes a deep breath. “I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t have you guys.”

 

 

 

“Don’t worry we will always be there.” T.O.P childishly smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, aren’t you nervous ?” Irene helps fixing Jessica’s veil as she speaks.

 

 

 

“I am. But I am happy too.”

 

 

 

Hyuna looks around and carefully asks, “I heard your families are all here, right ?”

 

 

 

“Yeah. I’m glad they all came.” Jessica looks at her fingers. “Oh …… I think I am going to cry.”

 

 

 

“Don’t you cry.” Krystal coldly orders behind her sister. “If you cry, I will cry too. For sure.”

 

 

 

“Jessi,” Tiffany side-hugs the girl and gently mutters in her husky voice. “You have to look beautiful today. Hold it.”

 

 

 

“I think everything is pretty much settled.” Sunny announces, being the manager as usual.

 

 

 

Naeun checks her phone once again and announces, “Let’s go, girls. It’s time.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is a rather simple, private wedding.

 

 

In a church, not more than 50 people present.

 

 

 

It is a blissful day for two people who have loved each other for almost a decade to tie the knot.

 

 

 

It is blissful, yet it is also slightly weighty.

 

 

 

It can be seen on everyone’s face.

 

 

 

It is not an ordinary wedding.

 

 

It is not even recognized by law on this land.

 

 

 

 

But still, here they are.

 

 

 

 

There is no groom waiting in front of the priest.

 

 

 

Only 2 fathers waiting on the two sides of the end of the church.

 

 

 

The men are fairly old, their suits look somehow a little too big for them.

 

 

Either they bought unfitted clothes, or they shrank.

 

 

 

Or they are just getting old.

 

 

 

Crow’s feet are fairly visible too, you can see them a few yards away.

 

 

Traces of age.

 

 

 

And finally their daughters are getting married.

 

 

 

It was hard to accept it at first.

 

 

 

They both once dreamt of a handsome man coming up to them and asking for their daughters’ hands.

 

 

They both once refused to believe their daughters were growing up and would be someone else’s baby girls.

 

 

 

After all, they both want their daughters to be happy.

 

 

That’s the wish of all parents.

 

 

 

After so many years, they both understand that it is love.

 

 

 

Now the time has come and they look at each other unknowingly.

 

 

Then a complicated smile creeps up on their wrinkled faces.

 

 

 

Their wives have been watching on the first row of the benches and they secretly clutch harder on their handkerchief.

 

 

It is not the time to cry.

 

 

 

Everyone is waiting.

 

 

 

Everyone is holding their breathes for the moment.

 

 

 

The moment when the brides come out.

 

 

 

Until they hear the sounds of heels knocking on the marbled floor.

 

 

 

And they all gasp for air.

 

 

 

In the eyes of the parents, they are always beautiful. 

 

 

But they are particularly beautiful today.

 

 

 

They look so beautiful in white.

 

 

 

The dress, the make-up, the hair, the lighting are so perfect.

 

 

 

They both hang their head while walking up to their fathers.

 

 

 

As they reach for their arms, they realize they have been trembling too.

 

 

 

They take a glimpse of their fathers’ side profiles as they walk down the aisle.

 

 

They suddenly feel like the small child bugging them for some more sweets again.

 

 

 

Their friends are just one step behind them.

 

 

Proudly admiring such beautiful picture.

 

 

 

“Not sure if you know this, 

But when we first met,

I got so nervous I couldn't speak.

 

In that very moment,

I found the one and,

My life had found its missing piece.”

 

 

 

The fathers daren’t to look back at their daughters, although they are so beautiful.

 

 

Their tears would fall.

 

 

 

They let go of their hands as they reach the altar.

 

 

 

The two girls in white look at their fathers retrieving to their seats, and begin to shred tears like their wives do.

 

 

 

Then they turn back to each other and the priest lifts a tender smile.

 

 

 

It sounds unreasonable but they feel so shy under each other’s gaze.

 

 

 

And they hold hands.

 

 

 

Sera and Joy are already crying rivers.

 

 

Seulgi is trying hard to hold it biting her lips.

 

 

 

“Will you, Kim Taeyeon, take Jung Sooyeon, to be your friend, your lover, your wife ? And will be hers in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph ? Will you promise to cherish and respect her, to care and protect her, to comfort and encourage her, and stay with her, for all eternity ?”

 

 

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

 

 

And he asks the other girl the same.

 

 

 

And he gets the same answer.

 

 

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

 

 

Wendy walks up to Taeyeon and presents her the rings.

 

 

 

The young Canadian flashes her unnies a reassuring smile and throws a wink to the girl standing behind Jessica.

 

 

 

Krystal sees that and doesn’t forget to roll her eyes even in this occasion.

 

 

 

He clears his throat, “Now you may exchange the rings.”

 

 

 

They cautiously slip the matching rings onto each other’s fingers.

 

 

 

Taeyeon cracks up a little on herself being so unromantic as if she is deactivating a bomb.

 

 

Jessica notices that and squeezes her hand a little while it’s her turn.

 

 

 

They also exchange a smile.

 

 

 

“So, now …” The priest pauses for the right words. “The brides may kiss.”

 

 

 

Everyone cheers in their loudest volumes as they watch them lock their lips.

 

 

 

“So as long as I live I'll love you,

Will have and hold you.

 

You look so beautiful in white.

 

And from now ’til my very last breath,

This day I'll cherish.

 

You look so beautiful in white, tonight.”

 

 

 

“We should do something like this in the future.” Irene nudges Wendy, whom is busy wiping tears after the ceremony.

 

 

 

“Yeah…… Definitely.” The girl sniffles like a helpless child and Irene has to soothe her with a hug. 

 

 

 

Sometimes a bright derp is just another vulnerable human who needs love.

 

 

 

“Hey I am here. Don’t cry like a baby on our unnies’ wedding. People are watching.”

 

 

 

“Dumb bear unnie, we should do something like this in the future too.” Joy chirps excitedly poking Seulgi’s face.

 

 

 

“Okay, okay.” The bear complies. “Stop poking. It hurts.”

 

 

 

“Sorry.” The giant pouts. “But it’s an act of love, you know.”

 

 

 

A playfully glint immediately shines within the bear’s mono-lid eyes.“Then let me poke your cheeks back.”

 

 

 

“When’s our turn, like seriously ?” Sera timidly asks.

 

 

 

“Next year maybe, when our jobs get more stable.” Hyuna shrugs. “Just speaking in a practical point of view you know. Sera, don’t worry. We will get married.”

 

 

 

“Really ?” Sera flashes her big puppy eyes. “I love you too.”

 

 

 

“Hmm…..” Chorong anxiously switches her gaze between her heels and the girl standing next to her named Son Naeun. “Should we talk about our wedding too ?”

 

 

 

“It’s okay,” Naeun holds her hand considerately. “As long as we talk about our own things. No need to rush, silly.”

 

 

 

“You’re the best.” Chorong smiles jubilantly.

 

 

 

The remaining guy awkwardly turns to the girl who is equally awkwardly as him, “Maybe I should go and socialize with other people. Since we are not….. couple.”

 

 

 

“Sure, Seunghyun-xi.” Tiffany rubs her hands. “I’ll go find Jessica.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The couple have been talking to their families after the ceremony.

 

 

 

The parents are more than happy to see their daughters have moved on to another stage of life.

 

 

 

“Look, they are getting along aren’t they ?” Taeyeon asks her now-wife grinning widely. 

 

 

 

“I like how Soojung is totally defenseless with Hayeon.” Jessica giggles seeing the two girls bickering non-stop. 

 

 

 

“Our appa too. They will be buddies I think.” 

 

 

 

“I remember how your parents, especially your father, hated me to death when you introduced me to them.”

 

 

 

“It’s already in the past, Sooyeon-ah. They will love you as their daughter now.”

 

 

 

Jessica just smiles sweetly and drags her wife to somewhere else stealthily, “Anyway, we are married now.”

 

 

 

“Yes….. Where are you going by the way ?” 

 

 

 

 

And they see a figure waiting by the back door.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, congratulations.” Tiffany shows her eye-smile.

 

 

 

“Thank you for coming. I really mean it.” Taeyeon returns a genuine grateful smile and gives her friend a hug.

 

 

 

“Thanks Tiff.” Jessica also gives one big hug to her childhood bestie.

 

 

 

“I am really touched witnessing all these. I hope you two would be happy ever after. Just like those books we read as a kid, Jessi.”

 

 

 

“We would.”  

 

 

 

“I hope you could find your other half soon too, Tiff.” 

 

 

 

“Well, I will just take it easy. I’d better go now, have to catch a flight later. See you soon.” Tiffany waves.

 

 

 

“Safe flight.” Taeyeon waves back.

 

 

 

“Stay safe ~~~~” Jessica yells as she watches the girl walking out from the church.

 

 

 

She knows Tiffany hasn’t fully let go yet.

 

 

 

But there’s nothing they can do.

 

 

 

 

Maybe time flies and time heals.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon is trying to find something to say and her friends pop up in a perfect timing.

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon and Yoona are all hyped up, congratulating the two,

 

 

Yuri is doing kkab dancing along the soft music played through the church’s speakers.

 

 

Seohyun is formally addressing the newly-wed couple and wish they live healthily after ever.

 

 

 

And the other four pairs are having their own moments at the back.

 

 

 

“Have you two considered having children ?” Hyoyeon suddenly asks. “I love children. I want to have like 9, or a soccer team !!!”

 

 

 

Taeyeon notices Jessica’s little frown basically saying “I don’t get along with kids”, “There’s the technology but we don’t plan to do it in the foreseeable future. We are busy so adoption isn’t a good choice neither.”

 

 

 

“But if you do, do you prefer a boy or a girl ?” Yoona doesn’t give up.

 

 

 

“It doesn’t matter.” Taeyeon continues to be the spokeperson.

 

 

 

“All I could say is, if it is a girl, she would be beautiful.” Naeun, the kindergarten teacher, joins this weird conversation.

 

 

 

“We are so happy for you two by the way.” Irene claps and she also knows Jessica doesn’t like children that much.

 

 

 

“Yeah, finally.” Wendy wipes a fake tear. “I’ve never seen Taeyeon-unnie being so happy until she met Jessica-unnie again. Oh, soulmates.”

 

 

 

“Yes, soulmates.” Jessica breaks her silence and smiles. “Joohyun-ah, you know it better.”

 

 

 

“Are we soulmates then ?” Joy pouts again clinging on Seulgi’s arm.

 

 

 

“A bear and a giant are a good match, I must say,” Sera laughs.

 

 

 

“Yeah, for me, soulmates are two people who are stuck with each other forever.” Hyuna glares at the older Canadian and makes the latter choked a little by her own saliva.

 

 

 

“I think it’s not the time for me to get married yet.” Seulgi mutters under her breath and turns to Chorong, who is also thinking the same.

 

 

 

“I think there would be a bunch of kids in our house after we got married.” Chorong whispers as Naeun is totally oblivious and still talking with Irene.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon looks at all her friends and Jessica.

 

 

 

She feels lucky.

 

 

 

Everything which matters to her are all here.

 

 

 

 

She has finally made it.

 

 

 

 

And something else clicks into her mind.

 

 

 

 

She leans in mumbling to her wife’s ear, “I think you look very beautiful today.”

 

 

 

“Only today ?” Jessica raises her eyebrow.

 

 

 

“Unprecedentedly beautiful. Starting today.”

 

 

 

“You too, big cheeseball. I can’t imagine how cheesy Wendy can be after living with you for so long.” 

 

 

 

“I think Irene loves it like you do.”

 

 

 

Jessica turns her head away, “Yeah…… Or else I won’t marry you, stupid.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon doesn’t fight back and just chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone is heading to the hotel for the banquet tonight.

 

 

And the crew, again, is rolling on the same van.

 

 

 

Luckily, the driver is nice enough to endure their randomness, after he got to take a picture with Wendy and Irene.

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Sunny finally return to the team after some monitoring work.

 

 

The older giant and the bunny rest side by side at their seats.

 

 

 

Irene thinks her manager must be really tired ‘cause she doesn’t even shout for food.

 

 

 

“Baechu.” A call brings her back to her girlfriend.

 

 

 

“Yes, Seungwan ?” She interlaces their fingers.

 

 

 

She likes this kind of skinship. 

 

 

Small but warm.

 

 

 

It doesn’t have to be a kiss, or a hug.

 

 

 

So long as it could convey emotions.

 

 

 

“I finally learned something about soulmates. Not only from Taeyeon-unnie and Jessica-unnie, but also our friends and us.” 

 

 

 

“What is it ?” Irene smiles too seeing her snowman’s bright smile.

 

 

 

“Soulmates are two people who have the same hiding place from their lives and eventually meet. Then they create and live their own happy life. So I agree with Hyuna-unnie in some way. ” 

 

 

 

“You’re right. I was lost and insecure before I met you. I ran away from a lot of things, even myself. That’s why I didn’t like talking about myself too much.” 

 

 

 

“But I still read you.” Wendy chuckles. “You cannot escape from me.”

 

 

 

“Yes, we are stuck with each other forever.” Irene copies Hyuna’s words and tone, giggling.

 

 

 

“And because everyone knows about us now.” 

 

 

 

“You know what, I am kind of glad that you did it. I hate to hide or run away again.”

 

 

 

“I won’t do that if I knew you won’t say yes.”

 

 

 

 

They look at each other again and laugh.

 

 

 

 

Irene captures a scene of Taeyeon at the front, resting her head on Jessica’s shoulder, and gestures Wendy to see it too.

 

 

 

 

“They’re so cute together.” Wendy murmurs.

 

 

 

Irene giggles again and leans her head on the snowman’s shoulder, “We can be cute too.”

 

 

 

“I know.” The snowman rests her head on the cabbage’s.

 

 

 

“Hey, I think soulmates are destined too. Taeyeon-unnie and Jessica-unnie, you and me. What a coincidence that we are their closest dongsaengs.”

 

 

 

“I believe so, I believe in everything you said.” Wendy flashes a cheesy grin.

 

 

 

“Please watch your tongue for the sake of my fingers.”

 

 

 

“Don’t lie to me, Bae Jooyhyun. Do you think I didn’t see your silly lovesick grin too ?” A young Canadian pinches a Daegu girl’s cheek.

 

 

 

“I am 100% sure we are soulmates, Son Seunghwan.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm finally back !!!!

And I'm sorry it isn't the best chapter I wrote.

 

Taengsic got married !!!!!

 

I am getting my courses and tutorials settled lately.

Kinda grumpy and annoyed .....

 

Still, I figured I should finish this fanfic soon.

Can't keep you guys hanging.

 

And next chapter is : "Lego House"

(you know what it means)

 

As always, thank you for reading and dropping comments.

I love you all.

xo