28. Until the End of Time

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy has stayed 2 days in the house of Irene’s parents.

 

 

They are nice and kind to her.

 

 

 

In a snowy afternoon, Wendy receives a phone call from her dear secretary Park Chorong.

 

 

 

“Boss ?” 

 

 

“What’s up ?” Wendy glances at Irene who is playing puzzle on the floor.

 

 

“The contact is here.” 

 

“Araso. I'll back soon. Thanks.”

 

 

 

 

“Who’s that ?” Irene looks up and asks. She is certainly more possessive than her Olaf.

 

“Chorong.” Wendy helps her filling one more piece in.

 

 

“What’s it about ?” Irene pouts.

 

“My contact, to be a singer.” Wendy pinches her cheek.

 

 

“For real ? If you are to be a singer, would you still be working in Contento ?”

 

“For a while more. I would debut as The Stargazed and reveal my real identity later. My grandfather has promised me that.”

 

 

“And your father agrees ?” 

 

“He always supports me. Contento will be just fine without me.”

 

 

“Oh my god, I think you’d be more popular then me.” Irene leans her head on Wendy’s lap.

 

“But now, all I have is YouTube views… hahahaa…. Anyway, I have go back by tonight.” Wendy looks down lovingly.

 

 

“That fast ? Hmm…… Okay…..”

 

“Hey, then you could spend more time with your parents right ?” Wendy smiles.

 

 

“Yeah.” Irene stands up.

 

“By the way, did Sooyoung-unnie call ?” Wendy finishes the puzzle so quickly.

 

 

“Yah !! That’s my puzzle….  No, she texted instead. Wait, you know she finally gets a girlfriend ?” Irene sits on her all-purple bed.

 

“Of course. Sunny-unnie.” Wendy proudly raises her chin.

 

 

“So you really gave her tips ?” Irene is amused.

 

“Yup.”

 

 

“But you don’t know Sunny. She’s Tiffany unnie’s manager.”

 

“I only heard things about her from Sooyoung-unnie. It’s already enough. Just cater to her pleasure, suit her fancy…. Blah, blah, blah…… ”

 

 

“What ?” Irene is lost in the big words.

 

“Sunny-unnie loves hip-hop music and video games.” Wendy waggles her eyebrow.

 

 

“Oh ~ So you used the same tactic on me ?” Irene throws a pillow towards her Olaf.

 

“Oops… I didn’t know what to do with you at that time, Bae Joohyun. I was defenseless every time I saw you. You know, the onlooker sees more of the game.” Wendy manages to block and catch the pillow.

 

 

“You tell me …….” Irene is trying her best to hide her shy smile.

 

 

Wendy hop onto her bed and cuddles her.

 

“When is your next comeback ?” 

 

 

“I don’t know…… SM said probably in January.” Irene frowns a little when she thinks of her  stressful work. 

 

Yes, she is popular. However, she also has a quite number of haters.

 

 

“Fighting, my cabbage ~” Wendy buries her face in Irene’s hair.

 

“Hey, if you are a singer, who will be your manager ?”

 

 

“Chorong. I guess.” Wendy chuckles.

 

“Woah, she’s forever stuck with you.” Irene giggles.

 

 

“It’s a well-paid job ~ ”

 

“It must be…… Will we attend the same schedule in the future ?”

 

 

“Likely. Then I would just stare at you the whole time like an idiot.”

 

“Don’t forget me when you get big.” Irene leans in and kisses her Olaf.

 

 

 

“Woke up this morning ,

Heard the TV saying something.

About disaster in the world and, 

It made me wonder where I'm going.

 

There's so much darkness in the world,

But I see beauty left in you girl.

And what you give me let me know,

That I'll be alright.

 

Because if your love was all I had,

In this life,

Well, that would be enough,

Until the end of time.

 

So rest your weary heart,

And relax your mind. 

'Cause I'm gonna love you girl,

Until the end of time.”

 

 

 

Wendy leaves soon after, driving her own car.

 

Irene calls Sooyoung and tells her to pick her up tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica is working in her office and handling her latest collaboration with another brand.

 

And Taeyeon is reading a book on the small sofa.

 

 

“Don’t you have to work today ?” Jessica glares at the composed girl.

 

“I just finished a photo-shoot yesterday.” Taeyeon’s gaze is glued on her book.

 

 

“Don’t your eyes get sore ?”

 

“Not really.”

 

 

“So help me out here, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“What can I help the famous fashion designer, Jessica Jung ?” Taeyeon paces towards Jessica’s desk, grinning.

 

 

“I want you to look at it with your professional photographer’s sense.” 

 

“These are shoes….. So you are worrying that the design won’t come out ? ‘Cause they seem a bit dull here.” Taeyeon examines the pictures on the computer screen.

 

 

“Would you wanna take a look of the “prototype” in the studio ?” 

 

“Sure. Why not ?” 

 

 

 

Jessica walks into her studio like a queen, with everyone politely greeting her.

 

“What a boss.” Taeyeon mutters.

 

 

“You envy ?” Jessica raises her eyebrow.

 

“Not really.” 

 

 

The two walks up to a room displaying different designs.

 

Jessica picks up a pair of shoes and shows them to her girlfriend.

 

 

“The physical ones look nicer.” Taeyeon comments.

 

“Anything more ?” Jessica loves to challenge herself, improving herself every time.

 

 

“Hmm……. You can slightly change the color, like darken or lighten the tone. I guarantee it would come out better in the pictures.” Taeyeon rubs her chin.

 

“Oh how come I haven’t thought of that ?”

 

“You are just too occupied, Sooyeon-ah.” 

 

 

 

“So Taeyeon-ah, would you mind being in charge of the photo-shoot for this ?” Jessica asks sweetly.

 

“It’s my pleasure to work with you, Jessica-xi.” Taeyeon smiles back.

 

 

“How about getting Irene to be the model ?”

 

“Nice ~~ Hey, do you know Wendy is going to be a singer too ?” Taeyeon puts down the shoes.

 

 

“Really ? It’s some good news. She’s the Stargazed, right ? I like her songs ~ That girl is real talent !!!!” Jessica is thrilled.

 

“Shh….. Keep your voice down. I knew they would be a perfect couple.”

 

“Yeah, mastermind.” Jessica rolls her eyes.

 

 

 

“And should I leave now or ……” Taeyeon wonders if she is really helpful or a distraction to her designer girlfriend.

 

“No, you stay.” Jessica heads back to her office and bring the timid Tae with her.

 

 

 

“How’s Tiff ?” Taeyeon puts her book back into her bag.

 

“I’ve met her for a few times. She seems to be doing fine……..” Jessica replies, concernedly.

 

 

“I’m sorry for her, really. I don’t wanna hurt her. But if I don’t, I can’t be together with you.” Taeyeon lays on the sofa, and her eyes are closed.

 

“Me too. She’s my best friend when I was in the States.” Jessica goes to sit beside Tae.

 

“I know, I know………” 

 

 

“I guess we’re still friends though. And you have no other choice, Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica massages Taeyeon’s head.

 

“Sooyeon, please don’t leave me even I tell you to go one day. ‘Cause I’ve probably lost my mind.”

 

 

“I left just because I was blinded. I didn’t see how important you have been to me. I was only thinking of myself ……. This time, I am not letting go.” Jessica grabs Taeyeon’s hand.

 

 

 

“Now if you're ever wondering, 

About the way I'm feeling.

Well, baby there ain't no question,

Just to be around you is a blessing.

 

Sick and tired of trying to save the world,

I just want to spend my time with you girl.

And what you're give me let me know,

That we'll be alright.”

 

(“Until the End of Time” - Justin Timberlake)

 

 

 

“‘Cause you’re like my destiny, carved on my palms.” Jessica softly whispers into Tae’s ear.

 

“Oh….. That’s s-sweet.” Taeyeon feels the hot breath tickling her sense.

 

“Have faith on me too.” Jessica smirks, satisfied by the effect her has on her girlfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy is back in Seoul and has been signed under a American-based label.

 

She would release a full-album and reveal her true identity if the feedback is good.

 

 

“So Wendy, I’m going to be your manager and assistant ?” Chorong asks when she’s on Wendy’s car after the meeting with the music label representative.

 

“Yup, you have been doing a good job. Your salary would be increased. I have negotiated that with them already.”

 

“Thanks a lot ~ ” Chorong’s eyes sprinkle. She’d never thought of meeting such a nice boss in her life.

 

“As I know, you don’t live with your parents, right ?” Wendy notices that after driving her a few times home.

 

Furthermore, she wants to know more about her best employee. 

 

 

“Yeah, I share a house with some of my old friends.”

 

“That’s nice too.” Wendy nods.

 

“Actually….. You remind me one of them, the first moment I saw your face.” Chorong suddenly opens up.

 

“Oh ~ Do we look alike or something ?” Wendy is curious hearing such comment.

 

“Yes……  But she is more Asian-like ? I think……” Chorong looks down to her fingers.

 

 

“I see ~~ You like her ?” Wendy smirks.

 

“How did you know ??” Chorong screams in shock, making Wendy startled a bit.

 

“Hey don’t ever shout in my car…. Accidents may happen. It’s just a wide guess, considering your expression when you mentioned her.” 

 

“Am I that obvious ? , she might have already known…….”

 

“She doesn’t like you ? You’re a good girl too.”

 

“I don’t know……..We’re friends since high school and I went to Canada for collage. I didn’t have to courage to confess before I left……… I don’t know how to face her now.” Chorong is cute, cuter when she pouts.

 

“Why don’t you give her some hints first ? Maybe she feels the same and she is just shy like you.” Wendy suggests wholeheartedly.

 

“Should I ?” 

 

“Could I take a look of her face ? Is she pretty ?” Wendy playfully nudges Chorong when the light is red.

 

“Pfff……. Yeah, you’re pretty. Here,” Chorong shows her boss a picture of her friends. “The one at the centre. Name’s Naeun. She even shares the same surname as you.” 

 

“So did you ever have a crush on me ?” Wendy laughs.

 

“If one-second ones count.” Chorong rolls her adorable eyes. “Also, even though you two share some similarities, I still like her better.”

 

“Fine ~ Plus, I am taken. Good luck then ~ ” Wendy sticks out her tongue and starts her car again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy wakes up in the morning and goes to Contento one last time.

 

She would still be the Asian branch CEO for a little while but director ? Not anymore.

 

The news of the decreased former chairman has faded out now, like he had predicted.

 

 

Therefore, her parents let her pursue her childhood dream.

 

 

Nonetheless, nothing could go wrong for Contento, as a well-established international company it has been. 

 

Her father is also a smart man, talking about business.

 

 

On the other hand, Wendy would go back to Taeyeon’s studio when she has time.

 

 

However, she still does her very best on her work today.

 

Except for Chorong and some management members, none of the employees knows about these.

 

 

 

Our CEO works until noon.

 

Chorong asks if she’d like to join her for lunch and this is her answer

 

 

“Wendy ? It’s 12:35. Wanna grab some lunch together ?” 

 

“No….. I still have some papers to deal with…. Why don’t you ask Naeun instead ?”

 

 

Chorong just agapes and slams the door.

 

 

 

Wendy is known for being hardworking. She has lunch in her own office most of the time.

 

Thus, some gossipy people would say she indeed has autism or depression.

 

Wendy doesn’t care, since it’s a human nature to gossip.

 

 

 

She gets a text from Irene when she’s having her kimbap.

 

 

“I’m back in Seoul too. They asked me to start preparing right away QAQ”

 

 

Wendy bursts into laughter seeing the emoticon Irene uses.

 

It’s like she could see it on her face.

 

 

“Cabbage ~ That means you’re the hottest idol now !!! Everything has its downside ^^”

 

 

It doesn’t take long for Irene to reply.

 

 

“Araso. You’re at work ? At Contento ? 0.0”

 

“Yes >.< Last day. You ?”

 

“You’re having lunch ? ;D”

 

“Bingo again !!!!! Kimbap. Bought, not home-made =.=”

 

“I am good at making Korean food ~~~ XD”

 

“I wanna try >3<”

 

“Why don’t we have dinner tgt tonight ???”

 

“GREAT 0v0 When and where ?”

 

“I just gonna practice some routines. Depends on you.”

 

“I’m off at 5.” 

 

“Then, come to the practice room after you’re off :)”

 

“Copy that ;) ”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy heads directly to SM building after 5.

 

 

She pushes the practice room door open and sees Irene puffing hard on the floor.

 

 

“Don’t overwork yourselves, Irene-ah.” Wendy sits down next to her.

 

“There’re a lot of people have high expectations on me….. Also, a lot of them wish to see me ed up.” Irene wipes her sweaty forehand.

 

“I see, but you just came back from Daegu today. Your body can’t stand such exhaustion.” Wendy hands her girlfriend a bottle of water.

 

“All those years, I have trained myself hard. Because I don’t wanna hear people saying that I’m just a pretty face. I can’t disappoint myself……. ” Irene gulps down nearly half a bottle.

 

 

“Damn, why there must be haters around every idol ?” Wendy slaps her own thigh.

 

“I guess that’s how the game is …….” Irene bitterly smiles. “So I tend to not look at the comments on the Internet.”

 

“That’s pathetic …… I mean, being an idol is so hard …. ” Wendy caresses Irene’s messy hair.

 

“I’m glad that you won’t be an idol…… ” Irene looks into her Olaf’s eyes.

 

 

“Hey, if you get hurt, I do too. We are soulmates.” Wendy could see her reflection from Irene’s eyes.

 

“How lucky I am to find you so fast in my life.” Irene smiles and hugs her girlfriend.

 

“I can’t wait to see how we grow old together.” Wendy pulls away and does a cheeky wink.

 

“I can’t wait to see how you shine on stage first.” Irene nips her Olaf’s nose.

 

 

They spend some more quality time and they leave for dinner.

 

 

 

 

 

Lovers. 

 

Only with each other’s accompany is enough.

 

But would they stay by each other's side until the end of time ?

 

 

 

 

No one knows.

 

Only they know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So another update :)

And I am pairing up all of my characters lol

is coming soon, embrace yourself ~ (not next chapter though)

xo