26. Every Little Thing You Do

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

 

Sera and Hyuna arrive at the studio with Wendy’s mom.

 

 

Everyone greet and chat in a light-hearted mood, except one.

 

Irene nervously looks at the middle-aged woman who is currently talking with Taeyeon.

 

 

 

Wendy tugs her shirt and asks, “Don’t you go and say hi ?” 

 

“I’m freaking out.”

 

“I had a girlfriend before. I’m sure my mom’d like you much better than her.”

 

 

 

Not waiting Irene to answer, she drags the 23-year-old national goddess to her mother.

 

 

 

“Hey mom. Meet Irene.” Wendy stands between the two most important women in her life.

 

“Hi, Mrs. Shon.” Irene politely bows a bit.

 

“Oh, I’ll get some drink first.” Taeyeon escapes.

 

 

 

Wendy’s mother first calmly scans the girl from head to toe, then cups her face with her hands.

 

 

“Look at you !!!!!! Aigoo~~~~ What a pretty girl ~~~ Our Seunghwan really has such a good taste ! So exquisite and well-mannered too. I heard your Korean name is Joohyun, right ? Would you mind me calling you Joohyun ? So…… Joohyun-ah, I apologize to you that I tried to set Seunghwan up with another girl. I didn’t know you two are together.”

 

She bombards her daughter’s girlfriend.

 

 

And her daughter just face-palms.

 

 

 

“Nae, Joohyun is fine. Thanks for the compliment. And it’s okay, I trust Seunghwan.” Irene remains her charismatic smile and glances at her Olaf.

 

“And oh you have a nice figure too !!! How do you maintain it ? I am so jealous. Seunghwan-ah, how nice to have a girlfriend like this !!!” Wendy’s mom is hyped up and eyes Irene up, pinching her arms and thighs.

 

 

“Even you’re my mom, I still won’t grant you the privilege to lay your hands on her.” Wendy possessively pulls Irene back to her.

 

“Araso~ Just so you know, I like this girlfriend of yours, Darling~~ You have my support and approval.” Wendy’s mom obediently retrieves her hands.

 

“Thank you once again, Mrs. Shon.” Irene sweetly smiles.

 

“Just “mom” is fine.” Wendy nudges her cute little cabbage.

 

“Yes, just call me “mom” is great !!!” The mother claps.

 

 

 

Wendy’s mom says she needs to have some private talk with Irene, so Wendy goes to Sera and Hyuna.

 

“How are you holding up ?” 

 

“Not bad.” Sera does un unnoticeable wink at her buddy.

 

“Nice work taking her back here.” Hyuna chuckles softly.

 

 

“She would even if I didn’t offer her to come with me.” Wendy winks back at Sera.

 

“Hey, what’s up with tipping each other with winks ?” Hyuna smells something fishy and taps her foot.

 

“Hmm….. My eyes are itchy…. Maybe the air quality in Seoul isn’t as good as Toronto’s.” Sera doesn’t even blink while making up such ty excuse.

 

“Nothing, unnie~~ Good luck, and have fun ~~~” Wendy waves and gets away.

 

 

 

Wandering around, she finds her 94-line buddy delightfully stuffing food in .

 

 

 

“Don’t you ever gain weight eating like a bear, Kang Seulgi ?”

 

“It’s a natural gift….. I am not called as “the bear” just because I am as cute as one.”

 

“Blah…. How come you are so brazen-faced ?” Olaf pretends to throw up.

 

“Well, you told me to.” 

 

“Stupid, just in front of Joy. Not us, not the others.” Wendy grabs herself a sandwich.

 

“I need some practice.” 

 

“Please practice with someone else. I don’t love you to such extent.”

 

 

 

“Wendy ~~~~” Joy joins in holding her favorite food, fried chicken.

 

“Hey, you seems taller.” Wendy jokes and admires her all-time cuteness.

 

“Really ? I’m already reaching 170cm.” Joy checks herself.

 

“You two have done a lot of things when I’m not around.” Wendy takes a large bite of her sandwich.

 

“Not really.” Joy sticks her tongue out and looks away.

 

“Not that much……” Seulgi looks at the floor.

 

“I’ll take it as a yes then. You fools, don’t you know how to lie ? Look at how red your faces are.” Wendy laughs brightly.

 

 

 

“Not everyone can lie as good as you.” Irene’s cold voice appears from her back and sends chills to her spine.

 

 

“I didn’t mean that way…… Irene-ah, I haven’t lied to you ~ I did come back one month later.” Wendy begs and hugs Irene like a koala.

 

“But you chose not to tell me something.” Irene stands firm, ‘cause she enjoys teasing her Olaf. 

 

“It’s what surprises are supposed to mean !!! Irene-ah ~~~ ” Wendy calls out in her awesome sing-song voice.

 

 

 

Seulgi and Joy are having fun watching how karma bites.

 

It reminds them an old saying - everything has its vanquisher.

 

Usually, it’s the one they love.

 

 

 

“Darling, why did you never act like that at home ? Your aegyo looks good too !!!” Wendy’s mom pops up and marvels at her daughter’s unusual behavior.

 

“It’s not for you, mom.” Wendy clears and lets go of Irene.

 

“Joohyun is really something !!! I must report this to your father !!!” 

 

“Whatever.” Rolling her eyes is a must-do action when she’s with her mom.

 

 

 

When everyone is digging into the feast, Wendy’s mom quietly asks Irene.

 

 

 

“I just have one more question for you…. Why do you like my daughter ? I’m eager to know.” She doesn’t mean to test her, but she has to know if she could commit her daughter to her care.

 

“Does it really matter why ?” Irene’s lips curve into a smile.

 

“At least you could name a few.” Wendy’s mother knows she must love her daughter so much that she could wait a whole month for her to return shortly after they are together.

 

“What if it’s everything about her ?” Irene gives a meaningful look. “The things I told you earlier ……. I don’t think there’ll be someone else who could love me the same way she does.”

 

 

 

Wendy looks at the two and is confused by their respective expressions.

 

A satisfied smile on Irene.

 

A thoughtful look on her mom.

 

 

Then the considerate Irene mouths something to her Olaf. 

 

Olaf nods a few times and mouths something to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon gives a solid nod and excuses herself.

 

 

It’s Irene’s turn to be confused.

 

 

 

Sera and Hyuna are eating in slience.

 

Seulgi and Joy are solely focusing on food.

 

 

 

The 25-year-old all-rounder returns with an acoustic guitar on her back and pushes an electronic piano out.

 

“Which one ?” She asks her junior.

 

“It’s up to you, unnie.” Wendy flexes her slender fingers.

 

“I’ll play the keyboard then.”

 

 

 

The duo settle down on the sofa and tune their instruments.

 

Irene expectantly stands by Wendy’s mother.

 

Jessica surprisedly holds her coke.

 

Sera wittily comments, “Oh, they have a show for this party.”

 

Hyuna slaps Sera's arm.

 

Seulgi and Joy puts down their food.

 

 

“Hey guys. We’re gonna sing a song by Westlife. It’s called Every Little Thing You Do”. Sing along if you know the words. Enjoy~ ” Taeyeon makes a brief introduction.

 

 

 

The older girl starts first.

 

“Hello, let me know if you hear me.

Hello, if you want to be near, let me know.

And I'll never let you go.”

 

Then the younger one also begins to strike the chords and sing.

 

“Hey love, 

When you ask what I feel, I say love.

When you ask how I know, I say trust.”

 

And they go together, harmonizing each other perfectly.

 

“And if that's not enough’…….

 

It's every little thing you do,

That makes me fall in love with you.

There isn't a way that I can show you,

Ever since I've come to know you.

 

Wendy’s mom is thrilled to hear her daughter sings in front of her once again.

 

So do Irene and Jessica.

 

Sera secretly moves closer to Hyuna, who is enjoying the song.

 

Seulgi and Joy are cutely cuddling.

 

“It's every little thing you say,

That makes me wanna feel this way.

There's not a thing that I can point to,

'Cause it's every little thing you do.”

 

Wendy stares deeply into Irene’s eyes while Taeyeon gazes into Jessica’s.

 

Encouraged, Irene the professional artist shows her skills too.

 

“Don't ask why, 

Let's just feel what we feel, 

'Cause sometimes, 

It's the secret that keeps it alive.

But if you need a reason why……”

 

 

The three carry on with Seulgi humming along.

 

“It's every little thing you do,

That makes me fall in love with you.

There isn't a way that I can show you,

Ever since I've come to know you.

 

It's every little thing you say. 

That makes me wanna feel this way.

There's not a thing that I can point to,

'Cause it's every little thing you do.”

 

 

The best singing is not about skills, or how accurate you hit the notes, or how wide your vocal range is.

 

It’s about emotions and feelings.

 

Wendy’s mom swears this is one of the best performances she has ever watched and listened to.

 

 

They pause at the bridge. Wendy exchanges a look with Taeyeon.

 

And she takes her turn.

 

With Taeyeon playing simply piano melody.

 

“Is it your smile or your laugh or your heart? 

Does it really matter why I love you? 

Anywhere there’s a crowd, you stand out 

Can't you see why they can't ignore you?”

 

Wendy resumes strumming her guitar and Taeyeon joins in again.

 

“If you wanna know,

Why I can't let go,

Let me explain to you.

Every little dream comes true, 

With every little thing you do.”

 

 

They gracefully finish the song and smiles to each other.

 

The others clap and cheer with joy.

 

 

“It looks our unspoken consensus still works well.” Taeyeon pats the younger girl’s shoulder.

 

“It won’t fade so easily, unnie.” Wendy cheerfully answers.

 

 

 

“Darling, what a pity that people won’t get the chance to hear this.” Wendy’s mom wipes a tear from her eye.

 

“Now you understand, mom.” Wendy touches her arm while Irene is getting a tissue paper for her.

 

“I do, I do.” The mother is gratified and holds their hands lovingly.

 

 

 

Jessica sneaks up to Taeyeon, who is still sitting by her piano, from behind and back-hugs her.

 

“Aww~~ Look how sweet they are.”

 

“We could be that sweet too.” Taeyeon turns her head and chuckles.

 

“I didn’t mean…..” So bad that Taeyeon can’t see the pink shade on Jessica’s face right now.

 

“I do mean it.” 

 

 

“You sang for me again.”

 

“I always do, even in those 4 years. I sing to you everyday.” Taeyeon touches the arms around her neck.

 

“Then please go on. I miss your singing.” 

 

“Don’t you think we and them are so alike ? They even share the same horoscopes with us.” 

 

“So we’d better set a role model for them.” Jessica giggles and bends down to kiss Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

 

 

“See that ? What a beautiful view here. A room filled with love ~~~” Joy looks at the two pair of couples and gasps in admiration.

 

“I feel happy for them too.” Seulgi lays down on the giant baby’s lap.

 

“And I think you should work harder.” Joy evilly smiles down to the bear.

 

“S-sure thing.” Seulgi gulps.

 

 

 

“I’m so touched~~~” Sera hugs herself.

 

“Me too.” The same old gentle light smile on Hyuna’s refined face.

 

“Can you not be so calm ?” 

 

“No. I am who I am.” Hyuna fixes her red hair.

 

“I love the way you are heheheheee” Sera cheekily smiles.

 

“Yeah, you’d better do.” Hyuna glares at her.

 

“Now I have the chance and I am not letting it slip through my hands so easily.”

 

“Don’t just bullting.”

 

“Araso~~ I’ve learnt my lessons.” Sera forces and links her arm with Hyuna’s.

 

Hyuna just laughs it off.

 

 

 

At the end of the party, Wendy’s mother reluctantly parts with Irene.

 

Wendy gets slightly envious by the fact that her own mother seems to like her girlfriend more than herself.

 

However, it has its good side — Irene doesn’t have to worry anymore.

 

 

 

Wendy leads Irene by the hand and bids goodbye to her mom, Sera and Hyuna.

 

 

 

Then Jessica drives Joy and Irene home.

 

Leaving Taeyeon and Wendy.

 

 

 

“Hey kid, will you still stay with me or find your own apartment ? Since you’re a director-CEO-YouTuber now.” Taeyeon walks towards the door.

 

“I prefer staying with you ~ Just like the old times.” Wendy playfully replies.

 

“Just like the old times.” Taeyeon looks down and chuckles. “Wendy-ah, remember not everything has a second chance.”

 

 

“I know. And you have a special place in my life, unnie. You gave me the second chance.”

 

“It depends on you too. You’ve made me proud. Come and help me with the studio whenever you have time.” 

 

“Of course. This time you don’t even have to pay me for that.”

 

“Maybe some time later we both have to find a new apartment.” Taeyeon smirks.

 

“After you.” Wendy also smirks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How hardworking I am lol Another update !!!!

So Wendy's mom likes Irene ~ How about Irene's parents ?

 

And although I already have the main plot in my mind, 

I would like to what you guys prefer too. (I'll try my best to cater)

Bye guys ~~

xo