43. Tee Shirt

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

 

5951.33 miles. 

 

Or 9577.48 kilometers apart.

 

 

this.

 

Irene hates the fact that there is such distance between them from time to time.

 

 

The “competition” between them is getting more intense.

 

As “Wendy” has been trending non-stop on social network and the TV drama is a success. 

 

 

Feeling the pressure, SM responds by getting Irene to make her comeback and appear as some supporting roles in several programs, dramas, even a movie.

 

All kinds of acting and modeling, guesting on different shows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany, her label-mate and her senior, of course knows what is going on.

 

And she often visits her to make sure she won’t be tired out by such hectic schedule.

 

 

“Irene, I can talk to them if you need a rest.” Tiffany worriedly looks at the girl who is sitting in front of the mirror of the empty waiting room.

 

“No, unnie. I can do this.” Irene indeed is a little scared by her own pale face. “I must do this.”

 

 

“I don’t understand. They can’t force you if your body can’t stand it. It’s violating the contract. And, what you are doing is to outperform Wendy, isn’t it ? Then why are you still working so hard ?”

 

 

“Because she can get out from this mess when she gets big enough.” Jessica, who has been in charge of Irene’s clothes, butts into their conversation nonchalantly.

 

 

“What ?!” Irene gasps in shock. “What are you talking about unnie ? Is it even possible ?”

 

“Ask Tiff.” Jessica points at the said girl with her chin.

 

 

Tiffany flashes a nervous smile, “Some other agencies did approach me.”

 

 

“Why did you stay actually ? I bet they are willing to give you more freedom and flexibility on your career.” Jessica continues to ask.

 

“I don’t want to engage in a lawsuit with SM. I wanna wait until the contract ends.” Tiffany sighs.

 

 

“Oh my god, unnie. Why don’t you tell me earlier ?” Irene still finds it hard to interpret all the information she is getting.

 

“Th less people know, the better.” Tiffany shrugs. “I’m afraid that if they found out, they would exploit me before I could make it out.”

 

 

“See ? Your company is simply inhumane. So Irene, how long is your contract ? 7 years ? How much are you getting ? 20% ?” Jessica sneers and shakes her head. “No offense. I just can’t bear to see you two spending your youth for this kind of treatment in return. ” 

 

 

“But where can I go if I get to leave ?” Irene’s faith has obviously shaken.

 

“Wendy’s agency. Most likely.” Jessica is quick on her feet.

 

 

“I agree. They are one of the biggest in scale and they are more than happy to sign you. So if, touch wood, you have to end your contract, they can certainly back you up and make sure you won’t be shut out in Korea.” Tiffany calmly analyzes. 

 

 

“I…. I haven’t t-thought…..” Irene frowns and her face is even paler than a few minutes before.

 

“Chill, Irene.” Jessica pats her on the back. “We are not telling you what to do or to make a decision now. We are merely stating the alternatives, for the sake of your future and your happiness.”

 

 

“I know we are basically trained there.” Tiffany gets a hold of Irene’s hand. “They have invested a lot on us…..  My opinion is, we should repay them first. Then when they have gained enough, we leave.” 

 

 

“And look at the mess you are in.” Tiffany continues as the girl looks back at her. “It’s the last resort. If they keep pushing you, if they make you doing all kinds of things you hate, if they find out about Wendy ………. If they make you choose, you choose.”

 

 

“Like making you filming that rated-19 mv. And that commercial…..” Jessica rolls her eyes as she recalls the y revealing outfits she had to find for Irene. “Come on, it stirred up a lot of debate but you got more haters. You’re lucky that Wendy didn’t break up with you because of that.”

 

 

“She nagged me about that……” Irene sighs. “But she had a make-out scene in that drama too. Getting all engaged in there and . Maybe I should talk about the contact thing with her later.”

 

“She would support you whatever you does.” Jessica finally breaks a soft smile.

 

“Now get prepared. The concert will start soon.” Tiffany stands up and heads to get changed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy, on the other hand and the other side of the globe, is not doing any better than her cabbage.

 

 

Being casted in a musical drama means you have to prepare a performance every once in a while.

 

Sometimes, solo; sometimes, not.

 

 

She feels like overworking her music talents but the feedbacks she is getting are unexpectedly good.

 

It gives her strength to carry on.

 

 

Taeyeon, who has now taken a leave for her, accompanies her. 

 

Especially when she is feeling lonely, needs advices or lacks inspirations.

 

And Chorong. Except the fact that she whines on the phone everyday towards a caring kindergarten teacher.

 

 

Still, she misses her fluffy cabbage.

 

Also Seulgi, Joy, Sera, Hyuna, Choi Seunghyun the forever dork, and her family.

 

 

But she guesses it’s the price she has to pay if she wants her dream to come true.

 

So does Irene.

 

 

They both have to sacrifice some in order to achieve something more.

 

 

Irene called one night to talk about signing her agency when the time comes.

 

Wendy was surprised.

 

 

She persuaded her not to but Irene spilled everything to her.

 

That she could not stay there forever.

 

 

It hurt her heart imaging how hard it could be for her working like that everyday.

 

If there’s a way to make things better, she is helping with all the efforts she could make.

 

 

Now Wendy prays that the drama can get more popular so that they can go on a tour for concerts or something similar.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“In the morning when you wake up,

I like to believe you are thinking of me.

 

And when the sun comes through your window,

I like to believe you've been dreaming of me,

Dreaming……..”

 

 

(“Tee Shirt” - Birdy)

 

 

 

“What the f-” Irene opens her sleepy eyes. “Can you please inform me whenever you are coming back ? Don’t give me heart attacks every damn time.” 

 

 

“How many time I told you not to curse ? What kind of goddess are you ?” Wendy curves her lips while sitting on the edge of her bed with a guitar. “Don’t you like my new song ?”

 

 

“It is creepy.” Irene sits up. “You are creepy.”

 

“It’s not !!!” Wendy defends. “And ……. I just think of you a lot.”

 

 

 

“When I saw you,

Everyone knew I liked the effect that you had on my eyes.

 

But no one else heard,

The weight of your words,

Or felt the effect that they have on my mind,

Falling………..”

 

 

 

“Seriously when did you come back ?” Irene stops Wendy’s hand from strumming.

 

“This morning. My luggages are still on the living room.” Wendy grins. “Guess why am I coming back ?”

 

 

“Not in the mood of playing detective games with you.” Irene pouts pulling the covers up to her chest.

 

“Our crew is invited to have a performance on a show here.” Wendy claps by herself.

 

 

“Not particularly excited.” Irene pouts harder thinking Wendy will leave again soon.

 

“Oh….. Then guess who helped me to get those luggages here ?” Wendy doesn’t give up  in cheering the girl up.

 

 

“Taeyeon ? Chorong ?” Irene lazily asks without trying.

 

“Come on ~” Wendy tugs the covers. “There’s no need in asking if it were them. They have been with me all these time.”

 

 

“My parents ? Your parents ?” 

 

 

“Sooyoung unnie !!!!!” Wendy exclaims. 

 

 

Irene beams this time, “She finally recovered !!?? Thank god, no more spying.”

 

“Good news, right ? I heard we will be on the same show actually.” Wendy’s eyes shrink from grinning too hard.

 

“That’s……. Great.”

 

 

 

“I know,

'Cause I'd spend half this morning,

Thinking about the t-shirt you sleep in.

 

I should know,

'Cause I'd spend all the whole day,

Listening to your message I'm keeping,

And never deleting………”

 

 

 

“Son Seunghwan….  I now officially announce - you are creepy.” Irene holds the covers up to her face and mutters.

 

“Hey, listen to my feelings !!” Wendy dejectedly places the guitar on the side. “I always like your oversized shirt. And it’s my new single, you . ”

 

 

Irene drops the covers and reaches out for the snowman, “Okay, I’m sorry. You’re creepily romantic. I’m so glad that you’re back and you sang a song to wake me up.”

 

Wendy, however, stands up and avoids the incoming arms, “Good. So I should go and unpack my stuff. See you around.”

 

 

Irene glares at Wendy’s retrieving figure and yells, “You meanie !!!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s time to talk about marriage.” Seulgi crosses her fingers as she glances at the faces of the people in the room.

 

“I am more than happy to do so if you mean ours.” Joy answers immediately making eyes at the bear.

 

 

“Stop whatever you’re doing.” Seulgi tries her best avoiding those desperate eyes. “And just a reminder, you’re still underage.”

 

“It makes all my fingers and toes cringed. Literally.” Sera face-palms.

 

 

“It’s time to talk about my marriage. If you guys have to put it that way.” Taeyeon chuckles. “I don’t think anyone else will do so in the nearest future here…. Especially you, Joy.”

 

 

“Yeah~ I always want to join a wedding of my friends or something.” Chorong happily nudges Naeun.

 

“Unnie, I’m so happy.” Wendy wipes her teary eyes. “Hey Irene, don’t you fall asleep now.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry….. ” Irene blinks. “Busy schedule.”

 

 

“Luckily it’s not because you’re close to Jessica.” Taeyeon laughs.

 

 

She resumes her blank face as she feels an icy glare from her right, “Kim Taeyeon you are dead.”

 

“I thought we’re getting married ?” Taeyeon timidly grins.

 

 

“Alright guys…… ” Sunny speaks up. “Are we going to discuss the wedding or not ?”

 

“As long as there’re some nice food then I’m fine with that.” Sooyoung raises her hand and voices out her most important and only comment.

 

 

“Do you wanna go overseas or what ? Since you two apparently cannot register here.” Naeun leads them to the right track.

 

“I agree.” Hyuna nods. “But it’d be nice too if you also hold a banquet here, inviting more of your friends and colleagues. Plane tickets are expensive.”

 

 

“If you are holding it in hotels, then I can help too~” T.O.P’s deep voice sounds rather incoherent in the mist of discussion.

 

“Thanks, Seunghyun oppa. Jessica wants a simple wedding. So after all it’ll be a small one.”

 

“Actually I want to hold the ceremony in a church. But I’m not sure if it’s possible in Korea.”

 

 

“This I can help.” Chorong smiles. “I’m quite familiar with the communions here.”

 

“And you can give a list of guests to me.” Sunny says. “I can help with the invitation thing. With Sooyoung, of course.”

 

 

“Sorry guys, I’m late.” Tiffany opens the door. “It looks like I’ve missed many things.”

 

“Not really.” Seulgi hands the notes she has been taking to her to take a look.

 

 

“Tiff, I really need your help on the dresses and stuff like that.” Jessica gently grabs another American girl’s arm.

 

“Well, It’s the only thing within my ability, Jess. So, sure ~” Tiffany flashes an eye smile.

 

“Hmmm….. Maybe about the ceremony and the food, I can ask for those dorks to help…. You know, Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Seohyun.” Taeyeon scratches her head.

 

 

“Wow it seems it’s almost planned out.” Irene is in awe that her friends are this efficient.

 

“I thought you’re asleep.” Wendy teases.

 

 

“Jesus, only Seulgi sleeps with her eyes open.” Joy joins in.

 

“Oh stop it…..” Seulgi puts down her pen. “We’re such a team, I have to say.”

 

“It’s probably because everyone here wants them to get married as soon as possible.” Sera wiggles her eyebrows as T.O.P childishly follows.

 

 

“I’m so blessed that I get to know you guys, really.” Taeyeon smiles while holding Jessica’s hand. 

 

“That’s what friends are for.” Wendy looks dearly at her friends and surely, her cabbage who is seemingly dozing off again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene takes a glimpse of Wendy, who is in the kitchen preparing dinner. 

 

And she thinks what things would be like if it’s them getting married.

 

 

With those thoughts in her mind, she suddenly doesn’t feel all sleepy and tired anymore.

 

 

If they make her choose, she choose.

 

 

She would choose.

 

 

She would choose her.

 

She would choose to chase her dream with her.

 

 

It’s because she is the answer.

 

The answer to Irene’s question all these years.

 

 

She has been feeling all homesick for a place, not really her home in Daegu, a place that she’s not sure even exists.  

 

 

Now she knows, as her heart is full and her soul is understood.

 

 

By her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys :D I've been working my for you guys lol

Another update and TaengSic are getting married !!!!!

 

It also means we are approaching the ending *wipes tears of joy*

What a long journey....

 

Seriously I have never imagined writing a story this long.... 42 chapters so far

So really, thanks for the love and support since this summer 0n0

 

I promise I will write better stories for you guys in the future.

 

My next update will be "You Will Think Of Her", the chapter 2 for "You Will Think Of Her" lol

Basically I will take turns updating these 2 until they end.

 

I hope you enjoy this as always ;)

See you soon.

xo