40. Teenage Dream

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

 

 

“I don’t know why we have to do this again.” 

 

 

Joy grumbles as Seulgi is wrapping her arms around her.

 

She would never agree if Wendy and her bear didn’t promise to buy her fried chicken whenever she wants in this month.

 

 

“We just have to give Wendy a little helping hand. It’s different from last time…….” Seulgi timidly says.

 

 

“Don’t ever mention last time. I am still mad.” Joy pouts harder as she recalls.

 

 

 

 

“Seriously ?” Joy shouted at the bear whom was busy trying to snatch the phone away.

 

“I had to do my part right……”

 

 

“Well, screw you Kang Seulgi ! How come you’d never dressed like that for me ? Where on earth did you get that dress ? Did you flirt with her ?” 

 

 

“You’re still a minor so…….” The bear sighed. “I don’t wanna get arrested yet.”

 

 

“Argh !!!!!” The giant baby felt defeated since she had to face the fact. “I don’t care  !!!! Just wait one more year, you are dead !”

 

 

The bear gulped and fled to her room. “I’m really sorry. But it’s all for a good cause. I’m out now.”

 

 

Leaving Joy punching and kicking everything she saw in the dorm.

 

 

 

 

“It’s time to go. Come on~~ Wendy’s waiting.” Seulgi grabs Joy by the hand and breaks her trance. “Just to let you know, I’m truly sorry.”

 

Joy beams as she feels a peck on her fluffy cheek.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, you guys are here.” Irene opens the door for the duo.

 

 

“Hi Irene ~ Where is Wendy ?” Seulgi flashes a teddy tear smile.

 

“Hi unnie.” Joy greets the eldest girl in the house.

 

 

“She’s getting things ready in the room….. Oh Joy, are you sad ?” Irene notices the unusual dispirited giant. “Did the bear bully you ? Tell me or Wendy-unnie and we will kick her .” 

 

 

Shot by the deadly glares from Irene, Seulgi explains, “She’s still upset about last time…. The bar thing.” 

 

 

“Alright.” Irene goes up to side-hug Joy, “Hey, listen to unnie. I love Wendy but sometimes I need to accept the fact that I have to share. There must be times she has to get close with other people, and there must be people whom have affection towards her. That’s the way it is, as long as I know I am the one she loves. Araso ?”

 

 

Joy looks at the older girl with her big round eyes and nods.

 

 

“I should have asked for help earlier.” Seulgi mutters as she is walking to the room where piano sound is coming from.

 

 

 

“Hey buddy.” Wendy looks up as she lands her fingers on the keyboard.

 

“Piano ?” Seulgi playfully asks.

 

 

“New, ain’t it ?” Wendy chuckles. “I want something new for Chorong and Naeun…. And Irene. She figured I should do something fresh.”

 

“So Irene is also in it ?”

 

“Yeah, I asked her to help.”

 

“And we’re going big this time ?” 

 

“It’s a confession, man.” Wendy smacks the bear’s head lightly. “So Naeun would realize everything is just plan for her enlightenment of gayness towards my dear assistant. Including you. And…… There’s some part that Irene doesn’t know. That’s why I need your help.”

 

“Oh, I see now.”

 

 

 

 

“Actually I don’t see the point of asking us t-.” Sera yawns and Hyuna nips her cheek to stop her babbling mouth.

 

“I’m interested. It’s been a while since I’ve seen someone confessing in the public. Not exactly public…But…..Yeah.” Even Hyuna starts to get a little confused by their plan.

 

 

“Guys… Girls. Our plan is to lure…. To get Naeun back to the stadium their high school used to hold Sports Day.” Wendy gathers her friends and does a briefing. “Then I will play that song and it will be projected through that screen in the stadium. Seulgi, you stay with me. Joy, you can go with Irene. Sera and Hyuna you two stick together and work your magic. Okay ?”

 

 

The other five girls nod in unison.

 

 

“Don’t worry. When Eunji texts me, it’s our clue.” Wendy shows a satisfied smile.

 

 

“Too bad Taeyeon and Jessica are not here though.” Sera counts the heads in the room.

 

“There’s something called video-taping, .” Hyuna turns back around from talking to Seulgi.

 

 

“No one is going to miss this show, folks.” Irene shows her signature lopsided grin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Naeun is told by her friends that they are having a high school class reunion at the stadium.

 

 

She arrives at the scene after class but there’s no one. 

 

Not a single human being.

 

 

Just the big screen showing the live stream of the TV channel.

 

 

 

 

“Irene doesn’t know you will be performing here, right ?” Seulgi whispers to Wendy’s ear as the latter is setting up her piano on the street.

 

Not some street, but the busiest street in Seoul. Near Hongdae.

 

 

“No.” Wendy replies while she waves to some fans gathering around them. 

 

“Woah, what a plan. Two birds in one stone.” Seulgi agapes.

 

“I didn’t get to be on the Dean’s List every year when I was back at college for nothing.” Wendy smirks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Naeun is here.” Irene taps on Chorong’s shoulder.

 

“Oh my god, I am so nervous……” Chorong looks down at her trembling hands.

 

“Unnie, just say whatever comes to your mind. Those true feelings towards her.” Joy gives out her mature professional advice again.

 

 

“Sera, make sure the connection is stable. Don’t screw things up.” Hyuna coldly orders her girlfriend who is sitting in front of the monitors of the stadium.

 

“Trust me. I’m good at this.” Sera sticks a thumb up to the others.

 

 

“You guys are awesome ~” Bomi cheers.

 

“I think we can prepare a after-party right now. Nothing can go wrong.” Namjoo is thrilled at her thoughts.

 

 

“So Chorong move your .” Eunji slaps the said-girl’s .

 

 

 

 

“Hi guys. It’s nice to meet you here. This is a surprise event for my fans here in Korea. Since I haven’t produced any Korean songs yet you guys still show great support, I think I should do something for you guys.” Wendy winks at the bear while the latter is recording next to the cameraman from the TV station. “Here is an acoustic version of a song called “Teenage Dream”, originally from Katy Perry. Please enjoy.”

 

 

 

 

Naeun is completely lost when she sees Wendy’s face popped up from the screen.

 

 

So what’s up with Wendy ?

 

 

She watches her fingers delicately pressed on the black and white pedals, forming a beautiful chain of notes, echoing in this huge empty space.

 

 

 

“You think I'm pretty without any make up on,

You think I'm funny when I tell the punchline wrong,

I know you’ll get me,

So I let my walls come down.”

 

 

 

“What ?” Irene stares at the monitors and exclaims. “I though she was in that whatever room here. How come she is on the street ? Son Seungwan, you smart-. ”

 

“Chill unnie. Maybe it’s for you too.” Joy giggles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi there.”

 

“I don’t understand.” Naeun tries to get angry at Chorong, whom the person triggers her every emotion.

 

 

“Everything I have been doing, is for today. Now.” Chorong places her bag on the floor and steps closer.

 

“Then what’s about today, now ? Don’t you have Seulgi ?” Naeun finally manages to get on her own nerves reminding a certain girl that seduced her crush in front of her. 

 

 

“I borrowed Seulgi from Joy.” Chorong smiles softly. “Everything is a plan.”

 

 

 

“Before you met me, I was alright,

But things were kind of heavy, 

You brought me to life.

Now every February, 

You'll be my Valentine.”

 

Let's go all the way tonight,

No regrets, just love.

We can dance until we die,

You and I will be young forever………”

 

 

 

“A plan for me to confess to you.”

 

 

 

 

“Wendy Saranghae !!!!!!!” A fangirl shouts from the crowd.

 

“Wendy marry me ~~~” A guy is jumping up and down to capture her attention.

 

 

She glances around the crowd and cracks a composed smile.

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know I should get jealous of Wendy or Irene now.” Namjoo mumbles.

 

“Anyway, I am rooting for this couple.” Hayoung giggles while pointing to the girl standing not far from them. “Look how cute she is.”

 

 

Irene is fully immersed in the singing and piano. 

 

Oh she could never get tired of this.

 

That’s such a great choice to tell the derp snowman to play piano this time.

 

 

 

 

Naeun breaks her silence after thinking and rethinking all those things just happened and said. “So you like me.”

 

 

“I found that out after I was leaving for Canada. That I missed you the most. Not as a friend.” Chorong fiddles with her fingers.

 

 

“Look at me.” Naeun orders like she does in the kindergarten.

 

“Huh ?” Chorong complies like a kid in the kindergarten.

 

 

 

“You make me,

 Feel like I'm living a teenage dream,

The way you , I can't sleep.

Let's run away and don't ever look back,

Don't ever look back.

 

My heart stops when you look at me,

Just one touch, now baby I believe,

This is real.

So take a chance and don't ever look back, 

Don't ever look back…….”

 

("Teenage Dream" - Glee acoustic cover)

 

 

 

“How do I know you really like me ?” Naeun asks with a gentle smile plastered on her gorgeous face. 

 

 

“Well….. How do I know you really like me too ?” Chorong is almost caught off guard but she manages to keep it cool.

 

 

Who knows the conversation would lead to this.

 

 

“Come here.” Naeun orders again.

 

“Argh…… Okay.” Chorong complies again.

 

 

The next thing she can see, is the enlarged face of a girl named Son Naeun whom she has developed feelings for.

 

 

 

They kiss.

 

 

 

“So how do you feel ?” Naeun pulls away first.

 

“Feels like flying.” Chorong chuckles shyly.

 

“I feel like having more…….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Thanks guys. See you soon.” Wendy sits up and bows.

 

 

“Wendy-noona, is this for the person you are dating ?” A young boy innocently asks as she passes by.

 

The cameraman immediately continues the filming and zooms at her face.

 

 

“It’s dedicated to my friends, but…….. Why not ?” Wendy flashes a charismatic wide smile to hide the pink shade on her cheeks.

 

 

“So is this your…… girlfriend ?” The cameraman adds before Wendy can get on her car.

 

 

“No….. ” Wendy laughs and Seulgi shakes her head vigorously. “She is an old friend of mine. Since my manager is not here today, so she came and helped.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, I am her girlfriend !!!!” Irene screams with her two fists balled, just like a kid.

 

“I know, I am her girlfriend too.” Joy sighs.

 

 

Sera spins her chair around to disturb their desperate calls, “Girls, are we done here ?”

 

“I think so.” Hyuna shrugs.

 

 

“Oh they are finally together ~~~~” Bomi starts a group hug among their high school friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey.” Wendy enters the stadium and is greeted by the new couple holding hands.

 

“Hi…… And thanks.” Chorong smiles.

 

 

“And Seulgi-ah, it must be a hard job for you. Say sorry to Joy for me.” Naeun slyly says. “And Wendy, if it wasn’t your plan, I wouldn’t have seen my heart so clearly.”

 

 

“It’s alright.” Seulgi grins. “Look up there and wave. Everyone to thank is there.”

 

“Oh that’s so embarrassing.” Naeun covers her face with her hands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What a happy ending.” Wendy links her arm with Irene’s.

 

“What surprise.” Irene turns her head to the other side.

 

 

“Don’t you like it ?” 

 

“Not the last part.” Irene no longer can hold her laughter and gently slap the snowman’s hand. “You’re lucky that Joy doesn’t come and get your .”

 

 

“Unnie, I am not as possessive as you are.” Joy hears that and teases.

 

“Let’s go home now….. ” Seulgi drags the giant away before she annoys everybody with her evilness. “No more dramas. Ciao~ ”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You are going back to practice, right ?” Wendy tugs Irene’s shirt when they are the only ones left in the stadium.

 

“Yeah. Another manager is coming to fetch me. Since you can’t just drive me there……” Irene wishes to spend more time with her Olaf but they have dreams to pursue.

 

 

“See you tonight then.” Wendy hugs the older girl with the petite frame. 

 

“See you.” The older girl inhales the scent from the crook of her neck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Accompanied by her acting manager, Irene is brought to join another meeting with the management.

 

 

She never likes such meetings. 

 

She likes to perform, but hates to be told what to do.

 

 

“So Irene, did you see this ?” The CEO asks concernedly after playing the video of Wendy singing on the street earlier.

 

 

Irene uses all her might to control her facial expressions and lies, “Yes, I watched it on TV at home.”

 

 

“Then you must know how popular she is now. She is our number 1 rival.” 

 

“We must think of a way to surpass her, by all means.”

 

 

Irene could not react but actually she doesn’t have to. It is an order.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi I'm back ~ I managed to get one chapter done :D

So drama won't just stop here *smirk*

 

Comment below to let me know how do you guys think so far.

About Nacho, Sueljoy and of course Wenrene.......

I am always here to listen ^^

 

Love you all 

xo