35. Young and Beautiful

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

“I've seen the world, done it all,

Had my cake now.

Diamonds, brilliant, 

In Bel-Air now.

Hot summer nights, mid July,

When you and I were forever wild.

The crazy days, city lights,

The way you'd play with me like a child……”

 

(“Young and Beautiful” - Lana Del Ray)

 

 

 

 

Wendy wakes up early in the morning that she seldom does. 

 

It is not that she gets stuff to do, it’s just she feels like being the early bird today.

 

 

She knows it is a perfect decision when she opens her eyes. 

 

 

A sleeping Irene who is cuddling up against her - her face just a few inches away from her own, her hands around her waist, oh so soundly.

 

 

Wendy carefully retrieves her limbs and gets off from bed.

 

She darlingly pulls the covers back for Irene and plants a soft kiss on her forehand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Irene opens her eyes, her hand automatically reaches out to the space beside her.

 

She is not pleased to feel the cold and empty bed.

 

 

She then cutely wrinkles her nose and buries her head into the pillows, trying to trace the familiar scent.

 

It stops her as she hears the door. 

 

 

 

Wendy is back from gods-knows-where.

 

 

 

“Where have you been ?” Irene asks while she is ambling from the bedroom with one hand on the wall.

 

 

“Be careful !” This scares the out of the Wendy who was leisurely changing shoes and immediately dashes to her girlfriend smiling sheepishly. “I was out for a jog.” 

 

The older girl frowns a bit, “I woke up alone.” 

 

“I’m sorry, my cabbage~~~” Wendy takes Irene’s hand and guides her to the sofa. “But I wanted to let you sleep more and felt like having some exercise so……”

 

 

 

Irene leans in and smells her girlfriend, and her hands roam on the fabrics of her clothes.

 

Her not-far-from-teen-girlfriend is startled by such sudden intimacy and daren’t to move an inch.

 

 

 

“You are sweaty, Wendy-ah.” Irene lets out a mysterious giggle and s for her Olaf’s exposed skin from her athletic tank top. 

 

 

“Hm….. Yeah, I went for a run, remember ?” Olaf gulps hard and realizes how seductive she may look like - a fit black tank top bringing out her curves, a pair of sports shorts covering not even 1/3 of her creamy thighs, hair tied up, sweat here and there.

 

For one second she is glad that her cougar girlfriend can’t see for now.

 

 

“You could have brought me along.” Olaf’s cougar girlfriend strikes again, poking the younger girl’s defined abs playfully.

 

 

“Argh…… I …… I figured you should get more rest a-and….it would….be…. ” Olaf’s face is flushed red, looking like it’s gonna explode, doesn’t know how to react properly.

 

 

“Hey….. I was just gonna say ‘welcome home’.” Irene glides her hand up to the heating face and cups it dearly, “And, good morning.” Then she finishes with a passionate kiss.

 

 

Before Olaf could recover, the troublemaker is already fled to the bathroom.

 

Leaving the flustered snowman frozen on the spot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After two lovebirds both get washed up, they peacefully start eating breakfast as the Canadian-born slyly speaks up.

 

 

“Irene-ah.” 

 

“Yeah ?” The said girl gracefully eats her sandwich as if it wasn’t her trying to devour the snowman a moment ago.

 

“I am so happy that I can stick with you everyday….. But my friends aren’t that lucky.” 

 

“You mean Chorong ? Didn’t she say Naeun was jealous about you  ?”

 

 

“Naeun doesn’t want to be engage in relationships. I know that, Chorong said she once thought Naeun would be a nun after they graduated.” Wendy pauses to sip on her morning coffee. “And Taeyeon-unnie too.”

 

“Oh… What Taeyeon-unnie too ? I thought she and Jessica-unnie are happily ever after ?” Irene, a.k.a Jessica’s favorite dongsaeng, puts down her food.

 

 

“It’s not what you think. Jessica-unnie wants to get married but apparently -head Tae doesn’t.” 

 

“Hey, don’t call her like that.”

 

“But- I mean WHY ? I don’t understand why Taeyeon-unnie is so reluctant. She loves Jessica-unnie, right ?” Wendy is so frustrated that she hits her head with the tea spoon, trying to figure out the mystery of the century.

 

“Maybe she doesn’t feel like settling down ? Maybe Taeyeon-unnie isn’t ready for commitment and stuff ? Maybe she is scared ?” Irene switches into her mature side and consults.

 

 

“Then what can I do ?” The younger girl pouts and holds Irene’s hand across the table.

 

“So…. In order to help those two, why not bringing your think tank here ?” Irene’s eyebrows cutely moves along as she speaks.

 

 

“Oh !!! You’re so smart, my cabbage ~~~ ” Wendy beams and pecks her fluffy cabbage’s cheeks.

 

Earning a smirk from Irene.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy makes a phone call and moves on to do the dishes.

 

 

She hums some random tunes and deeply immerses in her world of music.

 

Totally unaware of a cabbage sneaking up.

 

 

As she is reaching out for the next dish, a pair of hands slides and hold onto her waist. 

 

Followed by a frame pressed to her back and a head buried into the crook of her neck.

 

 

“Already miss me that much ?” Wendy softly smiles and her hands don’t seize the working.

 

“You made me think of our life after marriage.” Irene mumbles onto the skin of her girlfriend’s neck.

 

“Are you proposing to me ?”

 

“Not yet. Not now. Not in this shape.” Irene tightens her grip and continues, “I will marry you.” 

 

“Okay.” Wendy just chuckles in return. 

 

 

“Yah, what’s up with the ‘okay’ ?” Irene raises her voice.

 

“Hey, I don’t wanna go deaf.” The girl who gets shouted next to her ears backs off and wipes her hands.

 

“Answer my question.” 

 

“You know I’m yours all along.” Wendy’s fingers traces those on her waist and interlaces them.

 

“Are you always that cheesy ?” Irene blushes and cheers internally, but she just can’t be took down by her Olaf now.

 

“Correction - romantic. I am romantic.” Olaf turns around and admires what she has done to her girlfriend.

 

 

“No, correction - you are cheesy, romantic, loud, warm, caring and HOT.”

 

“Oh, you’d never-mffffphhh……..”

 

 

 

 

“We are having guests here SOON.”

 

“Screw them, they’re always late.”

 

“I guess I’m in deep today.”

 

“Just up and be romantic.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The door bell rings and the door is swung open so violently.

 

Revealing another pair of lovebirds.

 

 

“Wendy, what’s up with your bed-hair ? I thought you were awake before calling me….” Seulgi is confused at the messy state of her buddy.

 

“It’s like 1pm now.” Joy, always the quick-witted, spots the unusual atmosphere in the house.

 

“I… I took a nap.” Wendy fixes her hair and loose T-shirt before letting the duo in. 

 

 

“You’re a terrible liar.” Seulgi sighs.

 

“Don’t say it’s a bruise on your neck. You do wrestling lately ?” Joy smirks evilly walking past her unnie. 

 

“. Park Sooyoung, your corrupted little brat, zip your dirty mouth.” Wendy shoots them a glare each. 

 

 

“Hi guys.” Finally the goddess walk out from her room and greets her guests.

 

“Hi Irene~”

 

“Hello unnie~~ Did you have fun with Wendy-unnie ?” 

 

 

Irene is left speechless with wide eyes and Joy’s cute round face is nipped by an embarrassed bear.

 

 

“So back to where we should be.” Wendy clears . “Park Chorong and Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“Confession and propose.” Irene adds.

 

 

“It takes time for Naeun to see.” Seulgi analyzes based on her own experience. “Sometimes we don’t realize how much something matters if it is always there.”

 

“Geez, even Sera-unnie is getting back with Hyuna-unnie. Now I see there are so many stubborn insensitive people beside someone called Kang Seulgi.” Joy rolls her big eyes.

 

“Suggestions ?” Wendy stops their potential bickering. “Anything we can do ?”

 

 

“Tell Chorong-xi to disappear for a while.” The bear bluntly voices out Joy’s plan.

 

“Hey, that doesn’t apply to everyone.” The giant baby crosses her arms.

 

“Maybe we could just pretend we are hooking Chorong up with someone else.” The goddess gives some solid advices.

 

“Great ! Tell her to distant Naeun first then we can in and play our part. So next, Kim Taeyeon.” The snowman leads the discussion and doesn’t waste any time.

 

 

“Hit her in the head ?” Joy nonchalantly suggests since she knows her boss could really be mean and pigheaded sometimes, mostly at work though.

 

“It could be useful but we might get our asses murdered by the ice-princess first.” Irene can feel the chills even she’s just imagining.

 

“Just talk to her ? I mean it works on Taeyeon-unnie.” Seulgi boldly speaks up.

 

“But what are we going to say exactly ? We think you should listen to Jessica-unnie and marry her because you two are not that young and manage to get back together after all those drama ?” Wendy massages her temples as Irene is lying on her lap.

 

“Ask Jessica-unnie to threaten her. Leave or marry. ’Cuz we can’t say that she is pregnant so they have to get married……” Joy ruffles her hair.

 

“Taeyeon-unnie would let her go, considering last time….” Wendy shakes her head in disagreement.

 

“Maybe the key is on Jessica-unnie, not Taeyeon-unnie.” Seulgi sees their discussion is going nowhere and decides to change their focus.

 

“Oh, maybe she is not giving enough sense of security to Taeyeon-unnie.” Irene gets excited on Wendy’s lap.

 

“So let’s talk to Jessica-unnie about Taeyeon-unnie ?” Wendy sums up.

 

 

 

The rest nod like bobbing-head dolls.

 

 

 

“Great, so we’re done here. Let’s grab some chicken or pizza. I’m starving.” Joy stands up from the couch and stretches. 

 

“And it’s your treat.” Seulgi grins and side-hugs the giant baby.

 

“Sure thing.” Wendy sweetly replies as she is smoothening Irene’s hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*At Chorong’s shared apartment*

 

 

 

“Chorong ? Are you heading out ? I thought it is your holiday.” Naeun who is just back from the kindergarten, is surprised to see her housemate at the door.

 

“Hm…. I am meeting a friend.” Chorong answers in a hurry, not even spare time to look at the other girl.

 

“Wait. You’ve got friends of your own now ?” Naeun asks in disbelief.

 

“Yeah….. I met at work. I’ve told Eunji. Won’t be back until 8. Bye.” Chorong smiles apologetically while she is reaching out for the door knob.

 

 

“Who is that guy ?” Naeun smacks away her friend’s hand and keeps questioning the suspect.

 

“I didn’t say it is a he.” Chorong shrugs.

 

“So it isn’t a date ?” 

 

“Maybe. Who said I have to date a guy ? I’m going to be late. See you.” 

 

 

Naeun just watches the door slammed on her face. 

 

There is too much going on in her little brain.

 

 

Chorong gets to the car park and dials her phone.

 

“Namjoo ~ Stage 1 done. Hayoung is at the diner already ? Okay, I’m on my way.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*At Jessica’s apartment*

 

 

 

Jessica hurries back to her house after receiving a call from Irene.

 

 

She throws her purse on the couch and washes her face.

 

 

 

She puts the bags at kitchen and looks at them.

 

A heavy sigh.

 

 

 

She rolls her sleeves up and starts cooking.

 

 

 

Jesus, this ice princess doesn’t cook. 

 

Even Krystal hasn’t tried her sister’s dishes more than 5 times.

 

 

 

Whatever.

 

Jessica rolls her eyes towards the poor vegetables.

 

She should have talked to Taeyeon about that first. 

 

She shouldn’t have “surprised” her back at the studio.

 

 

 

Wendy is right.

 

Taeyeon is still scared deep inside.

 

This is not the time.

 

 

 

She can still recall clearly the look on Taeyeon's face when she proposed to her that night.

 

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah.”

 

“Huh ? You’re ready for dinner ?”

 

“No, it’s about something more important. Turn around.”

 

“You-”

 

“Marry me.”

 

 

 

She knows Taeyeon likes simplicity, so does herself.

 

She has prepared a pair of rings and two plane tickets to Budapest.

 

 

 

“Soyeon-ah, I …….”

 

 

 

Taeyeon covered with one hand and blinked. 

 

Jessica knew she was going to cry.

 

 

 

She thought it was tears of joy.

 

 

 

 

Until Taeyeon closed the ring box with her other hand.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry. Not now. I love you.”

 

 

 

 

They haven’t talked much since that night.

 

 

 

 

Jessica forces a smile. 

 

Luckily she didn’t pull off any stuns proposing in the public.

 

 

 

 

Then Taeyeon arrives.

 

 

 

“You’re cooking ?” The shorter girl widens her eyes.

 

“It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it ?” 

 

“I thought you told me to come for something else.”

 

“I have nothing left to say, Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica chops the kimchi in grief.

 

“I’m …. truly sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Taeyeon slowly approaches the girl with a knife and taps her shoulder.

 

 

“I understand. It was too fast for us. I’m sorry I had pushed you too far.” 

 

“No, it isn’t. It has been almost 10 years and it’s natural for us to move on to the next stage. It’s just me…….. I’m a coward. I said I would marry you this time. I said I would marry you twice and I rejected your proposal.” Taeyeon sulks and bites her lower lip.

 

 

“Hey, I didn’t blame you.” Jessica lifts her girlfriend’s head and tries to make eye-contact with her.

 

“It’s my fault.” 

 

“Shh….. Stop apologizing.” The ice princess completely melts downs and pulls the sulking girl into her embrace. “I’ll wait. I had hurt you once so you have all the rights to let me wait.”

 

“How long would you wait ?” 

 

“A lifetime. We’ve gone through so much already. I have faith. I would wait even we grow weak and get wrinkles all over us.”

 

 

 

“I have a better idea.” Taeyeon pulls away and cracks a lopsided grin. 

 

 

 

She pulls out a small box from her back pocket and opens it.

 

“Let’s get engaged first. Baby steps.”

 

 

“One step at a time.” Jessica smiles as she carefully takes a ring out of the box. 

 

“Just give me some more time.” Taeyeon sincerely says while watching her girlfriends putting a ring on her left middle finger.

 

 

 

“I've seen the world, lit it up,

As my stage now.

Changeling angels in a new age now.

Hot summer days, rock n roll,

The way you play for me at your show.

And all the ways, I got to know,

Your pretty face and electric soul.”

 

“Will you still love me,

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me,

When I've got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will,

I know that you will.

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?”

 

 

 

“Thanks for giving me this chance, Tae.”  

 

“You deserve that. My turn…. Done.” 

 

 

“So let’s cook together now.” Jessica looks at the couple rings on their fingers before intertwining them.

 

“Sure. If I don’t, I’m afraid that we won’t be able to eat ’til tomorrow.”

 

“You dork. But it makes me love you more.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Back to Wendy’s side*

 

 

 

Wendy is flipping channels while Irene is finding a comfort position on her lap.

 

 

“I hope they are going well.” Wendy mutters as she is stuffing herself with chocolate.

 

“I’m sure they will be just fine. Chorong and Taeyeon are your friends, so they are mine too.” Irene cutely snuggles against her Olaf's tummy.

 

 

“Oh… How sweet you are.” Wendy laughs and pokes her girlfriend’s cheek.

 

The moment her finger makes contact with her skin, she can’t help but realizes the unusual heat.

 

 

Then she stops and examine the pink shade on her girlfriend’s fair skin is not a blush. 

 

 

 

Irene is having a fever.

 

 

 

Probably acknowledged the stares given by her Olaf, Irene gives up, “No wonder I have been feeling dozy since lunch…….”

 

“You should tell me whenever you are not feeling well !!! It is still critical moment for your health !!” Wendy rushes to get her jacket and car key.

 

“I’ll be fine……” Irene’s eyes are already half-closed.

 

 

“How’s your head ?” Wendy asks concernedly.

 

“Heavy…. Like being squeezed.”

 

“Holy mother of god….. Your head gets squeezed all the time ? You have freaking stasis in your head.” Wendy’s mouth keeps nagging and her hands have held Irene’s fragile body without any hesitation.

 

 

“Where are we going ?” Irene seems to be getting unconscious.

 

“HOSPITAL ! Don’t you sleep, I warn you. Stay with me.” Wendy commands desperately.

 

 

 

She has no idea how could her cabbage get to be in such state in a blink of an eye.

 

She is now running to her car with a half-conscious Irene in her arms.

 

 

 

“You look cute when you are flushed.” Irene smiles so faintly looking up to her Olaf’s face.

 

“It’s not the time…… WHAT ?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy is pacing restlessly outside the operation room.

 

The last time when she was there, things weren’t that pretty.

 

 

She decides not to inform a single one of her friends.

 

Simply because she has faith in her.

 

 

 

Bae Joohyun is much stronger she looks.

 

She is one strong cabbage standing tall through all the storms and darkness.

 

 

 

“Dear lord, when I get to heaven,

Please let me bring my man.

When he comes tell me that you'll let him,

Father tell me if you can.

All that grace, all that body,

All that face, makes me wanna party,

He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds.

 

Will you still love me,

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me,

When I've got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will,

I know that you will…….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So guys, I am truly sorry for not updating in such a long time.

I wanna keep it consistent so I spent a lot of time writing this chapter.

 

And we have implied here ><

 

Can't believe we are on Chapter 35 now !!!! *hurray*

This is one very long fanfic i can tell lol

 

Again, thanks for your support along the way and I shall deliver more soon.

I hope you enjoy this and sailing high on this Wenrene ship ~~

 

I have been reading many other fanfics and I like thema lot too ^^

I can say I at writing one-shots cause I am a longwinded author.

 

Speaking of which, I probably will finish "Words She Didn't Say" first.

 

I love you guys and actually I don't mind you guys calling me Ad/ AD (whatever......it's my initials).

Because I love you all so much XD

 

See you soon.

xo