21. Hold Me Tight

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

 

The funeral of Wendy’s grandfather is completed.

 

He is buried with his wife, in a uphill graveyard.

 

 

 

The scandal of Irene and Do Kyungsoo is also out.

 

SM denies it but everybody in Korea is talking about it.

 

 

 

Wendy and Irene has been contacting through all possible ways.

 

 

 

Irene is kind of dispirited by the scandal ‘cause that isn’t the way she wants.

 

Wendy would just say, life doesn’t give you a choice sometimes.

 

Like herself, stuck in her office all day while her heart is never there.

 

 

 

Actually, the good-tempered Olaf flared up when the news first came up.

 

She almost fired 4 slacking-off employees in 2 hours whom were caught red-handed.

 

And broke 5 files, 2 pens, 1 chair and 1 glass door that day.

 

 

She wasn’t mad at anyone.

 

She was just frustrated towards life.

 

How she wants to go back to Irene’s side and protect her from all the things she’s going through alone now.

 

However, her family needs her too as much as Irene.

 

 

The almighty 20-year-old director, the inborn gift for business.

 

Wendy hasn’t been trained to manage a company. 

 

Maybe that is in her blood.

 

 

With her help, Contento has successfully purchased one hotel and annexed another land bank in less than 10 days.

 

The board is with open arms to Wendy now.

 

 

This young business genius has become a frequent caller of the business page.

 

Long light-brown hair with charismatic blue tips in a pony tail, and; a competent look — a slightly-loose white shirt and a pair of fitted dark trousers, finishing with stiletto heels.

 

Thoughtful, quick-witted, generous.

 

Low-profile, zero info about her personal life.

 

Which makes this pretty girl so much hotter. 

 

 

 

Hence, she has “earned” a dozen of pursuers, all working at well-known firms as professionals.

 

And it’s Irene’s turn to be worried.

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Jessica are doing their job as experienced unnies and offers the young couple consultations from time to time. 

 

On the other hand, they are getting back together again.

 

 

And Taeyeon had a talk with Tiffany.

 

They met at Tae’s studio, alone, at night.

 

 

“I thought I can’t see you face ever again.” The eye-smile star smiled so bitterly sitting in the meeting area of the studio.

 

“Fany-ah, I just wanna make things clear.” Taeyeon puckered her face in a smile.

 

“Things like, I like you and you like Jessica.” A rare cold tone for her, it sounded colder in her husky voice.

 

“Forget about me. There are so many people better than me.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

 

“I know you are not giving me a chance…. But please, don’t kick me out from your life, Tae.” Tiffany wanted to cry but tearless.

 

She knew tears would not help in a situation like this.

 

Taeyeon remained her standing position and her silence.

 

 

“Please…..”

 

“I had given you the chance years ago,” Taeyeon faintly spoke up. “I tried. But I guess I could not fall in love again.”

 

“When ? I thought you had dated that girl Jieun.” Tiffany seemed to disbelieve. 

 

“I kissed her too, and it’s when I knew my heart has been taken by another person long time ago…… Fany-ah, at one time I tried to open my heart for you……. Now, I have always been seeing you as a friend.”

 

“Why could you give it a try to that Lee Jieun but not me ?  Am I that bad ? You didn’t even let me try things out with you … to treat you more than a friend.” Tiff finally found a tear dropping from her eyes.

 

 

“Everything starts with friends. Frankly, I couldn’t have romantic feelings for you. I enjoy the feeling to be your friend. If I like someone, I like the way they are. They don’t have to change for me. So, Fany-ah, you can hate me or call me an . But I’m sorry.” Taeyeon went direct with her friend.

 

“Do you love Jessica that much ?” Tiffany looked up.

 

“Didn’t she tell you everything ?” Taeyeon answered with a question.

 

“She did.” 

 

“Yes.” Taeyeon said as if she was murmuring to herself. “She had hurt me like but I still love her, more than myself.”

 

 

“You .” Tiffany dried her tears and cracked a weak smile.

 

“I am.”

 

“Can I at least still be a friend ?” She begged. 

 

“If you insist, you are always my and Jessica’s friend.” Taeyeon agreed but indeed she hated to hurt Tiffany like this.

 

“Can I ask for a hug ?”

 

“Sure.” 

 

 

Taeyeon kindly took Tiffany into her arms.

 

 

And Tiffany would never forget how it feels—her warmth, her heartbeat, her scent.

 

 

“Thanks.” Tiffany whispered into Tae’s ear before she pulled away.

 

“You’re welcome.” Taeyeon smiled.

 

 

“You know….. I still won’t bless you guys. I guess I’m a bad person too.” Tiffany said as she was preparing to leave.

 

“I understand.” Taeyeon replied and opened the door for her.

 

 

 

 

 

*Present*

 

 

Wendy is just home after attending an evening party.

 

She feels exhausted by this kind of social engaging occasions.

 

And she has barely escaped from the endless harassing of one hell of a dandy.

 

 

She undoes a few buttons of her shirt and rolls up her sleeve.

 

 

When she is going to take a nice bath, her phone rings.

 

 

“Shon Seunghwan~~~”

 

“Bae Joohyun~~~” Wendy turns back into the fluffy little Olaf.

 

“I miss you.” Irene is still on her way home after filming the drama. And Sooyoung is in the driver’s seat whining.

 

“Me too. How’s your day, pabo ?” 

 

“Bad as yours.” Irene can also read Wendy’s mind.

 

 

 

“I always act confidently,
Though I still lack a lot.
You know I’ll make my dreams come true,

and always gain strength because you’re there.

 

How was your day?
I can feel it from your voice,
Someone has made you upset again.
Yeah, it’s must be that person’s fault.”

 

 

 

“Paparazzi won’t let you go ?” 

 

“They always ask me about D.O, not about myself. Every topics leads to him at the end. I am sick of this . I just wanna do my job, to sing and dance for my fans… How about you ?”

 

“But I think you’re extremely famous now. When I googled you name, you have like a fan-club in each country. Not to mention in Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, FaceBook, Tumblr, WeiBo….. Although it brings you some antis too. Probably D.O’s fangirls……. Endurance, my cabbage. When the drama ends, you can live your own life again.”

 

Wendy comforts her “older” girlfriend like she always does.

 

Irene is 3 years older, but it doesn’t mean she is necessarily stronger.

 

And Olaf continues, “As for me, it’s just some regular annoying banquet.”

 

 

“Hey, you’re on the news too. 10 hottest successful business women.” Irene chuckles.

 

She is kind of proud, and has never imagined her bright 20-year-old Olaf could be so hot in suits.

 

“Blah…. I don’t care. By the way, I’m coming back soon….. Which means I can hold you with my own hands again, not through the goddamn phone.” 

 

“Thank god. If you don’t come back soon, I would find somebody else.” Irene jokes.

 

“What ? How could you….” Wendy knows it was a joke but still pouts.

 

“Easy, Olaf. You are the only one who I would love in my life.” Irene whispers softly since she doesn’t wanna upset the single Sooyoung with her sweet words.

 

“Awwww~~ You are mine too. Just wait and I would claim you mine towards the world one day. The Korean national goddess is my girlfriend !!!!” Wendy childishly shouts.

 

“Whatever you like.” Irene can’t hold her laughter causing Sooyoung to roll her eyes.

 

“Hey. And I wanna say, thank you for everything. Things must be hard for you lately…. All the pressures and stuff.” Wendy becomes mature again.

 

 

 

“I want to pat you on the head,
You worked hard today as well.
Let’s go somewhere this weekend,
But for now, close your eyes and lean on my arm.”

 

 

 

“I can’t do all these things without you… I know I am selfish and I want to keep you by my side.” Irene gets out from the car and bids goodbye to her manager.

 

 

“My mom and my childhood friend Sera will come back with me. Just so you know.”

 

“Really ? Oh….. I’m glad that you told me now. I’ll be super nervous.” Irene gets into Jessica’s apartment and finds her unnie isn’t home.

 

“Anyway, would I get to meet your parents too ?” Wendy curiously asks.

 

“Of course! It’s just a matter of time… So rest now. Both of us…. ” Irene changes her shoes and rests herself on a chair.

 

“Yeah, it’s midnight in Korea. Goodnight and sweet dream, my dear cabbage~~~”

 

“Dream of me heheheehe” Irene smiles so brightly as she hangs up.

 

 

 

 

She looks around and finds a note in the kitchen table.

 

 

Jessica said she isn’t spending her night here.

 

 

Irene smirks. 

 

 

 

 

 

*Taeyeon’s side*

 

 

Taeyeon opens her apartment door and is freaked out.

 

 

A person sits on her comfy sofa with her back facing the door. 

 

 

“Holy , Jessica. How on earth did you get my house key ?”

 

“Wendy gave it to me when she left.” Jessica turns around and evilly smiles.

 

“Ash that kid……Why visit me all the sudden ?” Taeyeon changes into her minion slippers.

 

“To see if you have kept a girl here, other than Wendy.” 

 

“Did you kill Ginger ?” Taeyeon panics as she can’t see the little black dog anywhere.

 

“As soon as I stepped in, it fled back to its dog house.” Jessica calmly points.

 

“Ice princess.” Taeyeon giggles.

 

 

“You know what, you should have invited me here.” Jessica shoots a glare.

 

“You tell me….. And I’ve just talked to Tiffany.” Taeyeon casually replies.

 

“And ?” 

 

“I’ve made things clear and she said she got it.” 

 

 

“Jessica ?” Taeyeon gently calls out as there’s no reply.

 

 

The called dashes to hug her.

 

 

“I’m sorry……. For everything.” Jessica mumbles.

 

“Hey~ Everything has a price, right ?” Taeyeon rests her head on Jessica’s.

 

“But-”

 

“I’m here.” She kisses her forehead.

 

 

 

“I’m done with work for today so you can comfortably come into my arms,
Before reality bites our tail, let’s not think of anything else today.
It’s ok, it’s ok, it’s just us two.
Do whatever you want, there’s nothing that’s not ready.

 

Don’t worry, we have a lot of time,
The night is especially cold today but it’s okay because you’re next to me.
Comfortably close your eyes, lay down next to me,
Hold my hand tight, my baby.”

 

(“Hold Me Tight” - Loco ft. Crush)

 

 

 

Taeyeon lays awake on her bed while Jessica is already asleep in her arms.

 

 

 

 

No one knows what will happen tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

it, just cherish what we have at present.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So Wendy is coming back to Korea very soon. 

And TaengSic is official again !!!!!!!

There'll be more Sera x Hyuna and SeulJoy too :D

Hope you enjoy this update ^^

See you around ~~

xo