37. Nina

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

 

 

“Wendy-xi, can I talk to you ?” 

 

 

Wendy turns around and looks at her wrist instead the person who grabs it.

 

 

 

“Seungyoon-xi, I heard Taehyun-xi is looking for you.” Just when Wendy wants to make up some excuse to escape from the boy, another person pops up from nowhere and saves the day.

 

 

“Oh, maybe I should go now….” Seungyoon shyly rubs his hands and turns to Wendy. “I’m sorry if I scared you. I just wanted to talk to you but you were leaving so fast.”

 

 

“It’s okay. So see you later, Seungyoon-xi.” Wendy lifts a light smile and bids goodbye with her new friend.

 

 

 

She then finally diverts her attention to the person who has “saved” her, “Come in first., Suzy-xi.”

 

 

 

Suzy happily accepts the offer and finds a seat for herself in Wendy’s empty waiting room.

 

The owner, on the other hand, is packing her own stuff and shows no intention to socialize with her guest.

 

 

 

“Hey, ” Suzy titters, “Why inviting me to come in if you don’t wanna see me ?”

 

“It’s not that I don’t wanna see you.” Wendy stops and glances at the other girl. “I am in a  hurry.”

 

 

“Well, at least I thought you would thank me or something.” Suzy casually folds her slender legs.

 

“I can deal with that. Plus, Seungyoon seems to be a nice guy, he won’t do any harm.”

 

“Oh, I forgot you are used to deal with these.”

 

“So are you.”

 

 

“You are really cold to me. You know. Totally different when you were recording few moments ago.” 

 

“Look, I don’t mean to.” Wendy smiles apologetically. “I’m no two-faced . You know that too. We are not that close either.”

 

 

Suzy ponders for a while before opening again, “Congratulations.” 

 

“Oh, congraz to you too.” Wendy replies while sparing another look to her ex-schoolmate.

 

 

“So…… Where are you rushing to ? You got another schedule this late ?” Suzy curiously asks.

 

“Well, I gotta go home…. I mean I am having dinner with my friend at my place tonight. And I have to drop by the market first.” Wendy lies naturally. Her skills have improved. She looks awfully sincere.

 

 

“Just a friend ?” Suzy, however, is clever than she thought.

 

“Yeah.” Wendy hums but her eyebrows sell her out.

 

“But I heard someone said she would probably go on a date after the show.” Suzy playfully laughs.

 

 

“Hey, I’ve never asked about you and Taecyeon-oppa.” Wendy tries to calm her blush and fights back.

 

“Okay, fine.” Suzy raises her two hands into mid-air surrendering. “I wanna drop by the market too.” 

 

 

“Are you sure ?” Wendy flings her backpack onto her shoulder. “People would recognize your cute face, national-little-sister.”

 

“Did you just call me cute ?“ Suzy widens her round eyes as she is shadowing the derp.

 

 

“I was merely describing your new title.” The Canadian walking derp fastens her pace.

 

“So do you think I am cute ?” Still, Suzy who is noticeably taller, has no problem catching up.

 

“Irene is cuter.” Wendy blurts out.

 

 

“Oh…” Suzy pouts a little. “You two are friends, I forgot. How’s she by the way?” 

 

“She’s doing fine.” Wendy smiles. “And hey, you are good too.”

 

“Really ?” Suzy beams.

 

“You are always good, even back at uni.” Wendy says as she realizes they have already reached the car park.

 

 

“So can I come with you ?” 

 

“Hmm……” Wendy looks at the girl who is showing her puppy eyes. “Hop in. But put on this hat first, I don’t wanna have my face on the newspaper tomorrow.”

 

 

The Canadian removes the snapback from her head and hands it to the other girl.

 

The girl merrily takes it and hops onto her ex-schoolmate’s car.

 

 

 

 

 

“Wendy-xi, are we friends ?” Suzy timidly asks while the said girl is focusing on her driving.

 

“Yeah. We have been. I thought.” Wendy steals a glance at her passenger and quietly  answers.

 

 

“But you are distancing yourself from me.”

 

“I didn’t.”

 

“You did.”

 

“Like what ? When ? How ?” Wendy speaks fast when she is flustered.

 

“You’d never talked about yourself with me. Everyone in the campus knows you are only close with Seulgi and Joy. Yes, we might had meals together but we were not even communicating.”

 

 

“I thought we are different you know. The way we live, the friends we have, the things we like, except singing.” Wendy sighs. 

 

“But I am a friendly person.” Suzy frowns and grumbles.

 

 

“Okay, I’m sorry. We are on the same car, going to the same place, right ?”  

 

“But I was thinking you’ll just keep your mouth shut, like last time.”

 

 

“You mean the time we were at the basketball court that night ?” 

 

Suzy nods.

 

 

“I wasn’t in the mood that night. I wasn’t expecting to bump into anyone.”

 

“I treated you a drink and you still did not talk to me.”

 

“I am sorry.”

 

“Why ? I wanna know.”

 

 

“It’s……..” Wendy pauses until the car is on the main road. “My own problem. I had trust issues.”

 

“You don’t look like you have.” Suzy is happy to get some answers but she is still surprised to hear her opening up.

 

“I had. I covered it up. With smiles and lame jokes.” 

 

“Your jokes aren’t that lame. Trust me, I’ve heard worse from Wooyoung-oppa.”

 

 

“Anyway, are we cool now ?” 

 

“Yep.”

 

 

 

 

Wendy is choosing the right ingredients and her phone rings.

 

 

“Hey~ I thought you are busy with your things.” Wendy mumbles while looking at Suzy who is not far away.

 

“Seulgi is not free tonight.” Chorong whines.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re spending the night with Naeun as usual.”

 

“What can I do ? I can’t use Namjoo or Eunji again. She’ll smell something fishy !!!”

 

“Then just control yourself, okay ? Remember you have to act cold to her in the meantime.” 

 

 

“Alright ~~~~ What if she asks where’ve I been lately ? And who ?”

 

“Just say you’re seeing somebody. A gummy bear called Kang Seulgi. Be confident, don’t spill things out if you wanna know how Naeun feels for you.” 

 

“Got it…… And Wendy-ah, where are you now ? Still outside ?”

 

“I’m buying some food to cook tonight.”

 

“Oh, for Irene……. See you then.”

 

 

 

“Talking to your friend ?” Suzy scoots closer as she sees Wendy ending her call with a big smile.

 

“No, it’s my manager. You’re done with your shopping ?” Wendy’s eyebrows strike again when she gazed at the snacks in Suzy’s hands. 

 

“Yeah…. I am carving for snacks. You know, I was on a diet for the mv and such.” Suzy smiles sheepishly.

 

“I’m almost done too.” Wendy gives an understanding nod and pushes her cart to another section.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m home ~~~~” Wendy calls with her amazing sing-song voice when she is at the door.

 

Irene dashes to greet her girlfriend and help her with the shopping bags.

 

 

“Hey, you should’ve brought me there too. It’s so heavy.” Irene can’t help nagging the derp.

 

“You should stay at home and rest.” Wendy changes her shoes and pecks her girlfriend’s cheek. 

 

 

“Aww ~~ By the way, good show there.” 

 

“Thanks ~~~~” Wendy washes her hand and when she is going to get changed she notices something’s wrong, “Oh ……. My hat.”

 

 

“What hat ?” Irene manages to catch that with her now-sensitive ears while washing vegetables at the sink.

 

“Argh……….” Wendy knows she should come clean and nothing really happened. “I lent it to Suzy. She tagged along to the supermarket.”

 

 

Irene’s expression changes and flares up a bit, “You was with Suzy ?”

 

Wendy shrugs, “We recorded together and-”

 

“I know ! I watched the whole show !!! Why on earth you two were together in the market and your hat ended up with her ?”

 

 

It’s natural for a girlfriend to be worried and irritated.

 

‘Cause it sounds a bit wrong actually.

 

And considering Wendy hasn’t contacted her girlfriend for hours.

 

 

“Listen,” Wendy remains gentle. “I bumped into her when I was leaving. She insisted coming with me. I didn’t want people to recognize her so I lent her my hat.”

 

 

Irene just glares at her and waits for more.

 

 

“And I told her I was in a hurry. She knows I am not interested in anyone … else. I distance her a bit, I swear. You also know that when we met at the university last time. She is my former schoolmate after all and we did a little reunion. Nothing else.” Wendy stares into her girlfriend’s eyes and explains.

 

 

“I’m worried.” Irene loses the staring battle and confesses.

 

“Tell me what I am doing wrong and I will fix it.” Wendy’s voice softens even more and holds her insecure girlfriend’s hands.

 

 

“It’s not your problem.” Irene looks at their intertwined hands and mutters in a raspy tone.

 

“I did not give you enough faith, so it’s my fault.” The tenderness of Wendy is making Irene more guilty for reacting like that.

 

 

“You’re so charming you know…… You got the look and talent, you are sweet and warm and smart……. There must be a lot of boys and girls falling head over heels for you. I am so scared that someone would snatch you away from me.” The national goddess has never been so uneasy about herself, cause it’s not only about herself anymore. 

 

 

“Hey, ” Wendy actually has read her mind and lifts her chin up with one hand, fingers tracing her jawline sending her the warmth she needs. “You’ve been here for me, waiting for me to become better all along. I’ve been yours and only yours a long long time ago, and until the end of time.”

 

 

Irene’s knees go weak. 

 

If it isn’t Wendy holding her, she would collapse and melt into a puddle of glue.

 

 

And Wendy knows exactly what effects she would have on her Daegu cabbage, she darlingly welcomes her into her embrace and rest her own head near the crook of her neck.

 

 

Skinship, that Irene likes the most.

 

 

Feeling the steady heartbeat of her Olaf and the breathing on her neck, Irene seems to be intoxicated and mumbles in return, “Since when actually ? That you’re mine ? Tell me.”

 

Wendy smiles against the heated-up skin, “The very first second I’ve laid my eyes on you.”

 

 

“Huh ?” Irene backs off a bit. “You mean when you saw my dress fell off…….”

 

“No, ” Wendy is pulling her close back gently. “When I first saw you on the street. Signing for a bunch of fans. When you were still a trainee.”

 

“That early ? Why didn’t you tell me earlier ?” Although Irene doesn’t care as long as she is hers now, she’d never imagined her Olaf has fallen for her even they hadn’t really met.

 

 

Irene looks like a shy rabbit now.

 

 

“You silly.” Wendy chuckles and touches her nose tip with her own, “There’re a lot of things about my past that I still haven’t told you. We have a long way to go so I thought I would unfold them bit by bit to you.”

 

“Okay……. But what did I do actually ? We didn’t even talk.” Irene blushes hearing her girlfriend’s boldness.

 

“I didn’t know either……. Maybe it’s your kindness and your smile ? I wanted to go up and talk to you but my feet were just glued on the freaking floor. You struck me so hard, Bae Joohyun.”

 

 

“Oh….” Irene looks away and bites her lower lip. “You must be very happy when you heard my promotion pictures would be done in Taeyeon-unnie’s studio.”

 

“Not really.” Wendy tilts her head to look at her again, “I was afraid that you would end up with her instead. She was single at that time and she hadn't told me about Sica-unnie yet. She told me about how you two met at the café that night and I was like “I am so screwed now”.”

 

 

“Then what were you thinking when you saw my dress fell off ?” Irene just has to know what was in her Olaf’s little smart brain during their first awkward encounter.

 

“I only caught a quick glimpse like I’ve sworn. But I have to say, it’s really something.” Wendy recalls the image and gulps unconsciously.

 

 

“Yah, ” Irene slaps her to bring her back. “Then why were you so distance and polite when you were at my house ?”

 

“I might be interested in you but hell if I know I could make you fall for me too.” Wendy defends herself. “I thought it’s already enough even we were just friends.” 

 

 

“You’re deadly adorable. Hmm~ Maybe I have to act jealous more often so that you’ll tell me more of your past.” Irene narrows her eyes and nips her Olaf’s cheeks.

 

“Oh please don’t…. You look scary when you are solemn or jelly.” Wendy panics. “Although it’s hot too.” 

 

 

“Then don’t hold things back.” 

 

“Okay~~~ How about after dinner ?”

 

“Good. But you go and get changed now. We still have cooking to do.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fun and sweet cooking time.

 

Irene finds herself enjoying every second living with her girlfriend.

 

 

At one time she was reserved since it’s her first time being so attached to someone.

 

Emotionally and physically.

 

 

But everything is so natural for her.

 

Spending time with someone she’s been longing for.

 

 

Her Olaf might have flaws but it makes her more lovable and true.

 

 

She guesses that is what love supposes to do. 

 

 

 

 

She walks into the living room after a nice slower, and finds her girlfriend pouring beer into .

 

 

“Why are you drinking ?” Irene frowns, since she knows too much alcohol is bad for a singer.

 

“I am preparing myself. I am telling you my past.” 

 

 

The older girl feels an urge to smother the younger one with all her love and kisses and hugs.

 

But she decides to hold her horses and sits next to her instead.

 

 

“Well, I’m ready.” The 24-year-old hugs her knees and gazed at the beer can.

 

 

The 21-year-old takes another sip and starts, “You know I was hurt before.” 

 

 

Earning a nod, she continues after a long sigh, “She was my first love and she ing cheated on me. I knew I was not the best girl she could find but how could she….. I gave everything she wanted and did everything she wanted me to do.”

 

 

Irene clutches one fist and puts her other arm around Wendy’s waist.

 

 

“Love is blind… It’s so true. After we broke up, I finally saw she actually did not do anything for me but only gave me empty promises. By the way, she was really a you know. She clung on me even after I found out she cheated. Shameless to the max…… But at first, she was so sweet and caring. She seemed to know me well. Can’t believe I fell for that.”

 

 

 

“I met you when I was a teen,

But then you were one as well.

And I could play the guitar,

Just like ringing a bell.

Sometimes I wonder,

And any other summer could you have been my part time lover,

To me listening to Stevie Wonder………”

 

 

 

“I don’t know if she had ever loved me……. Or if it was all a lie. My world collapsed when I found out about another girl. A girl that was better than me in every way. So I was going to break up with her. Still, she came back to me and said how much she loved me. Stupid as I was, I bought that and gave her another chance. While she was still seeing someone else. I managed to kick her out of my life with the help of Sera and a guy friend.”

 

 

Wendy finishes the beer in one go and squashes the can.

 

Irene is listening attentively and worriedly.

 

 

“He seemed to be a good friend. He seemed to have a thing for me and I got scared. On the other hand, I was thinking if I should give him a try…… To forget about her……  But I heard he was just seeing me as an easy target. Luckily, I didn’t have any feelings for him yet……. Then I thought I totally lost faith in humanity after these and got rejected dozens times in auditions. I left Canada for good.” 

 

 

 

“Oh Nina, 

You should go Nina.

‘Cause I ain’t ever coming home,

Nina, oh, won’t you leave me now.

And I’ve been living on the road Nina,

But then again you should know Nina,

Cause that’s you and me both.

Nina, oh, won’t you leave me now.

 

 

 

“I thought I was going to trust no one other than my family and Sera. I thought I was going to live beneath a fake smile and cry myself to sleep every night. Seulgi, Joy and Taeyeon-unnie proved me wrong. I opened up again and was determined to be better. I lost weight and …….. In Korea I got pursuers too, yet none of them really meant it…… Treating me just as a fling or something……. I met all sorts of people and I know I must have be waiting for someone special, who draws me in, genuinely loves me and accept my everything. I have been waiting for so long.” 

 

 

Irene is delighted since she knows she is the answer but at the same time, she is angry and sad for how her girlfriend had been mistreated by some scumbags.

 

She even hears a lump in her girlfriend’s throat.

 

 

 

“Love will come and love will go,

But you can make it on your own.

Sing that song, go, oh won’t you leave me now.

People grow, and fall apart,

But you can mend your broken heart.

Take it back, oh oh won’t you leave me now.”

 

(“Nina”- Ed Sheeran)

 

 

 

“About Suzy…… There’s really nothing and won’t be anything.” The beer can slips from Wendy’s hand causing a “clang” noise and Irene realizes there are a few more already lying on the floor.

 

 

“I trust you.” Irene cups her squashy pink cheeks to make her look at her.

 

Her heart is clutched to hear such past of her warm girlfriend. 

 

She just wants her to know everything is fine now by pressing her own lips against hers.

 

 

“I trust you too.” Wendy chuckles and seemingly a bit drunk. “You leave me defenseless. If love is a game, I am already dead.” 

 

 

“You broke my walls too.” Irene lays the drowsy girl on her lap. “Let’s lose the game together then.”

 

 

“It sounds good. I really love you, Irene-ah.” Wendy feels her eyelids go heavy and murmurs. 

 

 

“You’re really stupid.” Irene looks at the girl who is now officially drunk. “Thank you for telling me these. I’ll love you better from now on. I swear.”

 

 

 

 

If Wendy makes promises by swearing to whatever gods there are, Irene makes promises by sealing them with a kiss.

 

 

Irene bends down and let their lips blend together.

 

 

 

She is glad that she has met the right girl at the right time.

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey I updated !!!!!! 'Cause I think I might get a bit occupied next week.

And I hate to keep you guys waiting~~~ (also I left a cliffhanger last chapter :P)

 

Wendy revealing more of her past after so many chapters lol

And she has been interested in Irene right from the start *smirks*

 

So later we will see how things go between Chorong and Naeun ^^

Also Seulgi seducing/ flirting (how about a jelly Joy ?)

 

Leave some comments~~~ I wanna know how you guys think so far :D

See you around.

xo