22. All Of The Stars

Do you wanna build a Lego house?

 

 

 

Irene and D.O’s scandal is still trending.

 

It is because they have been “caught” together in a coffee shop again.

 

Their popularity have surpassed many other idols, especially the goddess.

 

What a marketing strategy. 

 

 

 

And this time, Wendy ain’t even mad.

 

She decides to care less and lives her own life.

 

 

She would regularly call Irene every night and have casual talks.

 

Never about the drama or D.O.

 

Nor she would mention her life in Canada in detail.

 

 

 

Irene is starting to feel troubled because her girlfriend is being a bit indifferent lately.

 

She knows her Olaf might be adapted to their long distance relationship and her freaking scandal, but who knows ? Maybe she is indeed super angry or gradually losing her patience.

 

So as an insecure girl, she asks for help again.

 

 

 

 

The new national goddess is nervously waiting at Taeyeon’s studio, like a 6-year-old at parent-teacher meetings.

 

There are nowhere else to go since everyone recognizes her ravishing face now.

 

 

 

 

“Irene-unnie ?”  

 

 

She turns around and greets the two young girls.

 

 

 

“H-hi.” Irene puts on a kind smile. 

 

 

“Is it something about Wendy ?” Seulgi sits across her and carefully asks.

 

“Yeah.” Irene pouts a little.

 

“Did she do something …….” Joy, who is clinging to Seulgi, also speaks up.

 

“It isn’t about something her did. It’s about what she didn’t do.” Irene bites her fingers.

 

Her little maneuver.

 

 

 

“Well, then what can we help you ?” Seulgi shrugs.

 

“I just want her to know that I care for her and I still love her as much as I did at the start…… We have been saying all the loving sweet words in the past weeks. But words won’t help much.”

 

“As I know, she’s coming back pretty soon.” Seulgi replies, not grasping the older girl’s point.

 

“Just talk to her, Irene-unnie. You two are lovers, who suppose to be honest with each other about everything.” Don’t be deceived by Joy’s cute face, she has a mature mind.

 

 

“Are you honest with me, Sooyoung-ah ?” Seulgi slyly mutters and narrows her cat-eyes.

 

Joy slaps her arm and nods.

 

Seulgi immediately side-hugs the big baby, “Me too……”

 

 

 

“What if she’s tired or……” Irene chooses to ignore the love-birds and continues.

 

“Trust her, unnie. As we have told you, Wendy-unnie has been very popular in collage. Some of her pursuers are quite decent. We thought they would work out but she turned them down one by one …… At one time, we thought she was with Taeyeon or at least they had a thing. Then, we realize she just doesn’t fall in love easily. She has been waiting for someone special. That’s obviously you. I bet you’re pretty much the same.” Joy faces Irene again.

 

 

Irene patiently listens and sighs.

 

“And when she does come back, I don’t know how to react ….. I know this is plain stupid, but it really bothers me somehow. It’s like meeting your pen-pal or online friends.”

 

“Stop worrying. Give her a big hug or a passionate kiss. You’ll know when the time is right.” Seulgi gives a reassuring look while wagging her eyebrows.

 

It’s like Seulgi and Joy have exchanged their personalities after they are together.

 

Or it’s just they’re assimilating each other.

 

 

“Yeah, don’t feel distant to her after all these. Remember, she is working hard to get back to you. She could have stayed there with her family if she doesn’t care for you anymore.” Seulgi adds.

 

It strikes the national goddess, frozen on her spot.

 

 

“You two are right. I’m sorry for overreacting like this…..”

 

“Hey, it’s natural for people who’re in love. At least we know you really cherish this relationship.” Joy gives her a pat on the shoulder.

 

“I wish you two all the best too.” Irene finally smiles.

 

 

Seulgi and Joy watch Irene gracefully gets on her manager’s car.

 

They can’t help but get jealous of Wendy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*In Canada*

 

 

Wendy, on the other hand, is buried in work.

 

And Sera is here to pay her a visit.

 

 

“Dude, are you serious ? You’re working.” Sera is comfortably watching TV on the sofa in Wendy’s office.

 

“So ?” Wendy hums without her gazes leaving her documents.

 

“Are you going back a few days later ?” Sera flips channels as she speaks.

 

“And you’ll tag along, right ?” Still not looking up.

 

“Dude, this’s not the problem.”

 

“What problem ?”

 

“You love your work more than her.”

 

 

And finally Wendy drops her pen and papers.

 

 

“I don’t.” 

 

“Then why do you seem so nonchalant ?” Sera also puts down the TV remote.

 

“What can I do even if I care ?” Wendy crosses her fingers.

 

She really looks like a boss now.

 

 

“Show her that you care ?” Sera is not backing off.

 

“I respect her and everything she does. Plus, you don’t know anything.” Wendy scoffs.

 

“Hey, what’s up with the attitude ?”

 

“I have my plan.” 

 

“What ? You got me lost.” Sera is confused seeing her friend's one-second smirk.

 

“I mean…. I love Irene as well as my family. I am trying my best to do something for my family before getting back my one and only girlfriend. I’m perfectly fine as long as I know Irene loves me, not D.O.”

 

“What is your plan then ?” Sera twitches her eyebrows.

 

“You’ll know in a minute.” Wendy confidently answers as she looks at her watch.

 

 

She sends a text on her phone and types on her computer.

 

 

“And your family are letting you go ?” Sera is still worried.

 

“So, I am working now. And I have agreed to take over the Asian branch too, so that I could legitimately go back to South Korea without the whole broad knows I’m gay.”

 

 

When Sera tries to say more, someone knocks on the door.

 

“Come in.” Wendy calls.

 

 

A hot girl steps in, making Sera drools a bit.

 

 

“Wendy, it’s about time.” The girl flashes her eye-smile.

 

“Thanks for helping me. Hey, Sera ? This is Uji.” 

 

“Hi.” Sera awkwardly waves.

 

 

 

“Let’s get started, girls.” Wendy starts clicking the mouse.

 

 

 

 

*Back to Irene*

  

 

Irene is in SM practicing after talking to Seulgi and Joy.

 

And of course her manager Sooyoung is with her.

 

 

“Irene !” Sooyoung stops the music.

 

“What’s that ?” Irene frowns at the mirror since she is interrupted. 

 

She is trying to dance those worries and stresses out of her body.

 

 

“I think your phone has just buzzed.” Sooyoung fishes out Irene’s phone and hands it to her.

 

“Really ?” Irene immediately snatches it and checks the messages.

 

 

 

It is exactly what she has been hoping for.

 

 

A text from Wendy.

 

 

 

“Tune in to the Luna’s radio show now <3”

 

 

Irene follows suit.

 

 

Luna’s voice echoes in the empty practice room.

 

 

“Hello everyone ! Welcome back to Luna’s Radio Date Part 2 ~ It’s music recommendation time ~~ Do you guys listen to music other than kpop ? Recently, a foreign YouTuber, namely The Stargazed, has shot to fame by her self-written songs. Such as “Afire Love” and “A Pair Of Wings”.” 

 

“Her MVs may seems ordinary but it’s what normal people do, right ? They are beautifully shot and artistic too. And, the most important thing is, she hasn’t showed her face yet…… Anyway, here’s her latest release, which is announced to be the OST for the hit movie “The Faults in Our Stars”. Let’s enjoy “All Of The Stars” together now !!!!”

 

 

It's just another night and I'm staring at the moon,
I saw a shooting star and thought of you.”

 

 

Sooyoung swings her head to Irene as soon as she hears the first sentence.

 

Irene’s expression is the most complicated you could ever seen.

 

A mixture of extremely thrilled, extremely shocked and extremely guilty.

 


“I sang a lullaby by the waterside, I knew,
If you were here, I'd sing to you.


You're on the other side, as this skyline splits in two,
Miles away from seeing you.
But I can see the stars from America,
I wonder do you see them too?”

 

 

“When there’s a star, I’m probably watching it with you. We’re under the same sky, remember” ?” - Wendy 

 

“Then think of me every time you see a star. ‘Cause I do. I’m always by your side, even sometimes you can’t see me. Just like a polaris guiding your way home….” - Irene 

 

 

Irene is crouching in front of the radio.

 

Embracing her tiny frame with her slender arms.

 

Imagining it’s Wendy’s and she’s just singing to her ears.

 

 

 

I always see them, Wendy-ah.

 

I always see you.

 

 

“I can hear your heart on the radio beat,
They're playing "Chasing Cars" and I thought of us.

Back to the time you were lying next to me,
I looked across and fell in love.


So I took your hand back through London's streets I knew,
Everything led back to you.
So can you see the stars over Amsterdam,
Hear the song our heart is beating to?”

 

 

“I think I fell in love with you when you hugged me that morning. No one had ever held me like that ……” - Wendy

 

 

 

Wendy is now proudly listening while standing by her office’s French windows.

 

 

Irene-ah, do you see it ? Do you hear it ?

 

Songs speak better than myself.

 

And I made this, for you.

 

 

“So open your eyes and see, the way our horizons meet,
And all of the lights will lead into the night with me.
And I know these scars will bleed,
But both of our hearts believe,
All of these stars will guide us home.”

 

(“All Of The Stars” - Ed Sheeran)

 

 

Wendy - No one is perfect, but you are in my eyes.

 

Irene - Let me guide you home…… Or let me be your home.

 

 

The two cry unconsciously, gazing at the farthest place they could.

 

As if they are looking into each other’s eyes.

 

 

 

Sera understands now and admires her junior more.

 

Sooyoung is moved to tears, weeping quietly at Irene’s back. 

 

Uji also has watery eyes although she has already heard it while recording.

 

 

 

Who could resist ?

 

A song specially written for you.

 

 

 

“That’s a really great and sweet song ! It seems we’re having a new talent here. Maybe I should look forward to see her face in the future if she gets big and holds concerts ~ Anyway, support “All Of The Stars” and the movie. The Stargazed fighting ~~ !!!”

 

Luna’s voice brings everyone back from their imaginary romance to the reality.

 

 

 

“So when did you get that cheesy alias and become a YouTube singer ?” Sera asks playfully while she goes up to tug Wendy’s shirt.

 

“About a week ago ? I didn’t expect it’d be that successful.” Wendy smacks her childhood buddy’s hand away.

 

“Good things are meant to loved and shared. I have faith in you, Wendy-ah !!!” Uji smiles widely.

 

 

“Dude, you have a movie OST now ? You must be making a lot of money. Maybe someday you’ll win an Oscar !!!!” Sera excitedly claps her hands.

 

“Calm down. It’s still experimental……. I don’t know if I could make it that far.” Wendy sits on her desk.

 

“By the way, people back at the academy like you very much. And we have some connections with certain labels. I can send them some demos if you like to.” Uji sincerely hopes the industry could have a singer like Wendy.

 

“Actually ….. To be a singer is my childhood dream. Why not ? It won’t hurt.” Wendy remembers her sad experience and sulks a bit.

 

“Good !!! I’m really glad that I’ve met you. Oops, I have classes to attend. See you around.” Uji gives a friendly hug to everyone and bids goodbye.

 

 

 

“Man, why the blush ? I thought you got Hyuna.” Wendy shows her Taeyeon-smirk again.

 

“Damn, she’s hot. When she stepped in, I thought-” 

 

“Shut your dirty mouth and quit your dirty thinking. Irene is forever the best in my eyes.” 

 

“Yeah….” Sera rolls her eyes.

 

 

“So how about leaving next week ?” Wendy suddenly switches the topic.

 

“Argh…… It’s fine for me.” Sera counts with her fingers and replies. 

 

“How long would you stay ?”

 

“I don’t know……..” A rare frown from Sera.

 

“Seriously, you guys are adults…. Grown women. Talk things out and .”

 

“I know, I know. Call your Irene now. I’m going to start packing my stuff. Ciao.” 

 

 

 

 

 

*Irene’s side*

 

 

Sooyoung is uncontrollably sobbing.

 

Always emotional.

 

 

Contrarily, Irene is smiling like an idiot.

 

 

“So The Stargazed is your girl….. I-I…… I really like her songs.” 

 

“Yup. She is my girlfriend.” Irene grins. 

 

And this song is for me.

 

 

 

“You don’t have to worry now.” Sooyoung manages to speak while blowing her nose.

 

“Huh ? Yeah ….. I was stupid.” The smile has never left her face. Things are clear now.

 

“If I were you, I would chain her up with me for the rest of my life.” Sooyoung doesn’t forget to joke around.

 

“I will too heheheeee…… Unnie, I have to make a call. I will return in a minute.” Irene hurries to the practice room next door without waiting for her manager’s approval.

 

And her manager is stunned ‘cause she has never called her “unnie” in such a sweet tone.

 

 

 

 

“How could I didn’t know about your songs beforehand, The Stargazed-xi ?” Irene likes to use formalities to tease people.

 

“It’s a surprise, Joohyun-xi.” Wendy softly answers.

 

“Did you bribe Luna-xi or what ?” Irene hides her giggles.

 

“No ~~~ I did it by myself and a little help from Uji…… and Chorong helped me with the lyrics too.”

 

“You got quite a team, eh ?” Irene just won’t drop her teasing mode.

 

“You got a company on your back, Joohyun-xi.”

 

“You’re the director of a company, Seunghwan-xi.”

 

 

“Okay, I lose ……. Hey, I wrote it for you. It’s about us. But I changed some words just to match the movie plot.” Wendy gives in to her girlfriend.

 

“I love it and think you’ll be a great artist. I recalled all the moments we shared..… But first, please do your best as my girlfriend first.” Irene evilly laughs.

 

“What exactly do you want from me ?” Although Irene isn’t by her side, Wendy still gets chills to her spine when she hears the laugh.

 

She even uses her other hand to cover her chest.

 

 

“Come back to me, write more songs about me, make money with me, move in with me, and marry me.” Irene is such a sweet devil. 

 

“Roger that. I’m all yours. I’ll be back next week.” Wendy chuckles brightly.

 

“Nice ~~ And you’re not giving me an exact date ?” 

 

“It isn’t fun if it’s not a surprise ~”

 

“Pfffff……. Don’t give me a heart attack..… I can’t believe you’re finally coming back. The drama is almost done anyway.”

 

“What’s its ending ?” Wendy didn’t really watch it because of the time difference, not only because of her jealousy issues.

 

“He chooses female-lead number 2.” 

 

“Great !” Wendy exclaims.

 

“Great for me too. Finally done with D.O…. I don’t hate him but I get tired of having my name linked to his.” Irene lets out a soft chuckle.

 

“I would flip my if you have to film bed scene later.”

 

“Then I have to work my off, so do you.” Irene giggles. 

 

She just naturally in a good mood with her girlfriend.

 

 

 

“Go and work your beautiful off, my cabbage~~” Wendy could be such a flirt to her girlfriend sometimes.

 

“ert. Bye~” Irene blushes and hangs up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Guys, I'm back !!

Semester has started and things are super choatic TT

I will update as soon as possible *pinky*

 

I know it is a stupid name for Wendy's alias/ YouTube name, but ....whatever *smirk* 

Who do you guys think is the more ert one ?

Wendy or Irene ? 

(Taeyeon is not included cause she is simply the QUEEN lol)

 

Disclaimer : I don't know how to write XD (I could learn hahaaaa, y scenes maybe)

 

 

Thanks you for all the support, subscriptions and comments *group hug*

I will do my best to finish this LONG fanfic.

Ciao ~~ Bye ~~ Adios, mi amigos.

Be back soon.

xo