006

40 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From now until this point, my life was being even more controlled. This baby was now going to be plastered in the media everywhere. I did not want that at all. It was terrible for the baby to grow up like this. Adoption was a serious thought for me after the meeting with Mr. Lee. Let the baby have a normal life where it wasn't being yelled out for being a mistake or being in almost every magazine. That thought always crossed my mind, but I kind of already grew attached to it. Rubbing my belly softly before I fall asleep. Saying goodnight and good morning almost every day. 

I was already being careful with the stretch marks. Rubbing the lotion to prevent it almost 2 to 3 times a day. I already had to wear stretchy clothing because of fast the bump was growing. I can't help but think of mother whenever I see myself in the mirror. The memory of looking through all of the pictures she had when she was pregnant with me back when I lived in Canada, seemed to stick in the back of my mind. How happy she looked to have me. I wanted that happiness, to have that bundle of joy without any cares in the world as long as they were healthy.

10 fingers. 10 toes. That's what my dad said to me the day I left for Korea. I was confused as what he meant by that. But now looking back on it, I realized. As long as I had 10 fingers and 10 toes that I shouldn't have anything to worry about. That I was happy and healthy. 

 

-

 

7 weeks and I back at the doctors office. Laying of the doctors table with that scrunchy paper that always way to much noise no matter how little you moved. But this time, Yixing was standing next to me. Holding my hand. In a couple of hours, we had to go to an interview where we would admit to the fact that I was having a baby. Except now, my shirt was up with a jelly substance all around it. Actually it was for the ultrasound. 7 weeks. 33 weeks to go. 

Today was the day that we would be able to see the heartbeat and hear it. It made my heart pound. I have been nervous all morning, nearly throwing up once we got to the hospital. As the doctor moved the machine on the outside of my stomach, I heard faint sounds of a heartbeat.

"Is that sound the baby?" I asked eagerly.

"No. That's your heartbeat. You seem to be a bit nervous by your heartrate.." he told me, still scanning the screen for the baby.

"Alittle bit. It is the confession day." I said, squeezing Yixing's hand a bit tighter. With that, he brushed some of my hair out of my face and bent down to lightly kiss my forehead.

"We're all a bit nervous." Yixing mentioned to the doctor.

"Well, you should celebrate. You see that little dot pulsing?" the doctor point to the screen. I nodded.

"That's your baby. But you can also see another little dot not to far it." he pointed again. 

"I don't understand." Yixing said, squinting his eyes trying to find the other dot.

"Two heartbeats. Two babies. You are having twins." he congratulated us with a warm smile.

I laid there shocked. 

 

-

 

"Twins?!" Hana shouted in the back on the car. Finally after we were done with the doctor. We got picked up by Hana and one of Yixing's managers. It was time to go to the interview that would be aired lived. At 7 o'clock, primetime.

"I was surpised as you are. But it does explain my belly already growing, the excess amount of morning sickness and the huge amount of weight gain. My mom was also a twin so I guessed it skipped a generation, straight to me." I mentioned to everyone in the car. My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter