epilogue I

40 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We set the date." I exclaimed happily to Hana. The two of us were sitting in one of the practice rooms at the company building. I had let the twins crawl around in the room while we talked. Since they were over seven months old now, they were sort of independent from me. They didn't need to be carried whenever they needed to go. All they had to do was get on all fours and just start crawling.

Hana smiled widely at me. "That's great. It's been almost a year since you guys had gotten engaged 'the first time.'" she said. Yeah in a couple days would be Christmas Day. Our first Christmas together as a family of four. Though tomorrow was the yearly Christmas SMTown. Compared to last year when I was around 4 months pregnant, I'm doing a lot more this time. I'm singing two of my songs then doing a few Christmas carols. And as kind of a gift to my fans and as well as Yixing's, both of us are singing a duet together while he plays the piano.

"So what day is it?" Hana procceeded to ask me.

"Well, you know how EXO-M is doing almost two months worth of promotions for Overdose in April? Well since that is our anniversary month, we decided to get married on the date we started dating. April 25th. We're going to have the ceremony in China so Yixing's family can be there. Then my family will fly in from Canada for the wedding." I rambled on like a little girl who just got a new doll. I was so excited. I got super close with my mom and dad again like in the past. I'm still upset that they haven't seen their grandchildren yet. Well neither has Yixing because they have barely been in China since Growl promotions. I know he misses them so much, he hasn't seen them since back before I had the babies.

"Hopefully I'm invited right?" Hana said with a straight face but I knew she was teasing me. Of course she is invited. I'm dragging her along to every wedding event I have. Dress shopping. Cake tasting. You name it.

I nodded. "Yeah, of course. But the thing Yixing and I aren't doing is groomsmen and bridesmaids because then Yixing would have like 11 guys as his and I would have you." 

"Makes sense. I understand but I guess that the little monsters are the ring bearer and flower girl." Hana looked to the twins who were laughing at each other for some weird reason but as their mother, it filled my heart with so much warmth.

"Hopefully by then they might be able to walk and maybe be alright to waddle down the aisle. But I'm not making any promises so I might just get one of the guys to carry both of them down. Then sit with the rest of them." I was getting excited just thinking about it. And that means its basically 4 months away.

I know that it's more of a westernized wedding but that's the middle for Yixing and I. We couldn't have just a traditional Korean or Chinese wedding so instead it's more like the weddings in America but with little things from each culture. It was easier this way anyways.

"I still can't believe you are getting married..." Hana looked at me with an atonished gaze.

I shrugged my shoulders but then lifted myself off the ground to start practicing again. "Me neither." I just turned 21 and Yixing just turned 22 and here we are getting married and already had two kids.

~~

Christmas Eve was upon us. I didn't have a schedule for the next week or so. Which I was so happy about. Today was the day when I would just get in the Christmas spirit. Before the twins woke up from their naps, I had already baked atleast three trays of chocolate chip cookies and one tray of sugar cookies. 

I was so happy when it passed the two hour mark for their nap. I got a lot accomplished. As the twins are almost eight months old, I still couldn't really give them cookies so I decided just to give them to the boys to pig out on. They deserved it because back earlier this month when they went to the MAMA awards, they won album of the year. I was so beyond proud of them.

It was sad that I couldn't be there with them or with Yixing in fact. I went to Hong Kong with them but stayed just stayed in the hotel with the twins and I watched from the television.

During their performance the twins were laughing and just cuddling up to me. But by the time they won the album of the year award, they were passed out in my arms. Good thing because I couldn't stop crying.

To see them work so hard and have them overcome so much, I was just so proud.

"Something smells good." I had arms wrap around my waist as I putting the cooled down cookies into little baggies for each individual EXO member. Then I felt kisses along my neck.

"Stop distracting me, Zhang Yixing." I moved my head away from him because I was getting a little ticklish. 

"I will never, Kwon Taeyoung. Or should I say the future Mrs. Zhang." he wrapped his arms around me tighter. 

I turned my head to look at him when he said that because I just felt like the luckiest girl in the world. He was about to lean in and kiss my lips before I heard noises coming from the baby monitor. I looked over and I saw both babies sitting up in their cribs. Good thing for this new baby monitor that allows me to see them and hear them.

"Go get your kids." I pushed Yixing off of me. As I watched him slump away, I chuckled to myself.

After I divided the cookies into 12 bags and labelled them all, the eleven EXO boys minus Yixing and then Hana's, I put them inside our very packed fridge.

I then started putting the dishes inside of the mini dishwasher that was inside the dorm. I cleaned the counter and the oven. Finally I the dishwasher after everything was cleaned up.

"Finally..." I fell back onto the couch and a Christmas movie that was already on one of the channels.

My eyes were slowly closing, I was so tired. But of course, the life of a mom never stops as I started to hear little pitter patter of hands and feet. Then laughing, then Yixing making loud noises. I looked over my shoulder to see my soon to be husband chasing my two angels like he was a monster. The poor twins were crawling as fast as they could and I couldn't help but snicker at the cuteness.

"What are you doing?" I sighed but still smiled as he was the cutest father I have ever seen.

"I'm a dinosaur chasing my prey, who also seem way too fast for me." Yixing chuckled and scooped up Jackson who looked like the slower one of the two. He held him in his arms but started tickling him. Jackson's laugh was so loud that I had a feeling that my neighbours might have heard it. Meanwhile Layla reached me and lifted her arms meaning that she wanted up. So I picked her up and hugged her tight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter