017

40 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I paused in shock, waiting for her to reply to see if it was actually her. The last time I spoke or typed a word to my parent was after Yixing proposed to me on Christmas Day. They told me that they didn't want to speak to me again but here I was, hours after having my twins, on the phone with my very own mother.

"Taylor. This is your mother." she replied in a stoic tone. She was always one to have no emotion in her voice.

"Yes, I know. How are you?" the hand that wasn't holding the phone began to shake from nervousness.

"I should be asking you that. I see that I'm a grandmother. Did everything go smoothly?"

"Everything went perfect and the babies are healthy as can be."

"That's excellent news." I heard a bit of happiness in her voice, making me eyes widening.

"Mother, what is the reason for you calling? I thought you disowned me or never wanted to speak to me again." I was brave enough to say.

"Your father and I have been keeping up with your career and we saw you and Yixing together and how happy you looked. We know that you never meant for anything like this to ever happen when you went over there. And that's what we had to realize. So when your father went on Facebook this morning one of the news sites he follows in Korea posted something about an idol going into labour. Instantly we thought it was you so we tried to get a hold of you but we couldn't get through. Instead we waited by the computer and kept refreshing the pages every half an hour or so to see if there was any news."

"They came at 5:34am and 5:45am. Only a few hours ago. I'm sorry I didn't call when we called everybody else. I just thought we weren't on speaking terms. I'm really sorry. Mother, please forgive me." I choked back a sob. But my attention turned to the door when it opened and in walked Yixing. I could see the caution in his face, wondering if he should appoarch me. He didn't know I was talking to my mom.

"Are you okay?" he mouthed to me. I shook my head and let a few tears fall down my face.

I turned my attention back to the phonecall. "No Taylor. I should be the one saying sorry to you. Your father and I are very sorry for causing any pain we caused you. If there is anything we could do to get your forgiveness then we will do anything."

"Can I talk to daddy?" I wiped my tears away. I was always a daddy's girl. It was because of him that I never cut my hair. In my father's words, he loved my long hair. So I always thought if I cut my hair that he wouldn't love me the same. That's when I was young and naive. But since I moved to Korea I thought I should grow my hair out again so that I always have a reminder that he still loved me no matter what.

On the phone, I heard rustling around from the other end until I heard him. "Hello baby girl."

"Daddy?" I said in english. Just so Yixing wouldn't really understand what I was saying. I kind of didn't want him to hear what I was going to say. It made me vulnerable.

"I missed you so much. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left Korea. I never wanted you to be mad at me. Please forgive me."

"Taylor never say that you shouldn't have left Canada. Look at everything that happened to you. You are engaged to a nice boy who loves you, I have to meet him by the way so I can approve of him." I chuckled at my father's remark. So over protective. "Now you are a mother of two beautiful babies. What are their names, by the way? We can't find any infomation anywhere except for the photo that Yixing posted. That has been circulating a lot, I've seen."

"My daughter is named Layla and my son is named after you, Jackson." I stuttered out. 

 

"I have to go take care some things at the main building but I'll be back in a little bit. Okay?" Yixing told me when I finished my second feeding of the day. It was probably only 11am and what did he have to do at the building? It's like he just got here and now he is already leaving. Well I have to prepare myself for this feeling.

"What things?" I questioned, laying Jackson into his bassinet right next to Layla.

"Nothing that concerns you." Yixing said calmly to me.

"Yixing we are engaged. I think I should know."

"Taylor... please don't. I just have to do some things. It's nothing important." he walked over to me and sat down next to me on the hospital bed.

"If it's not important then why can't you tell me?"

"Because none of your business!" he raised his voice at me. I leaned back. I have never seen him raise his voice at me or anybody for that matter. He was always calm and collected.

I knew he didn't mean to use that tone because he was in a rush to leave the hospital. "I'm sorry." I apologized to him, wrapping my hoodie around my body tighter in comfort. The look on his face was that stupid worried look that I hated. 

"I'll be back as soon as possible. Okay?" he walked over to me and when he kissed the top of my head, I flinched. Yixing's eyes widened as he pulled away. Before I knew it he was out the door dodging all the employees in the hospital.

Did that count as a fight? I didn't think so... He was just leaving like usual. Like always. Like how it'll always be.

From across the room, I stared at the two bassinets. My heart eased seeing my sleeping angels. It was like I almost forgot everything that was going on just by seeing their small chests go up and down.

I got up off my bed and walked over to my children. Seeing their sleeping faces meant the entire world to me and Jackson had that dimple even as he slept. 

That song I began to write months ago was finally completed and now that my babies were finally in this world, I could share it with them and that meant a lot to me. This song was always my go to for when I was having a terrible day or I was lonely.

I didn't want to hold them because I knew they would wake up and I wasn't able to hold and soothe them at the same time if the cried. Instead I pulled up one of the chairs from acouple feet away and sat down close to the bassinets. And began to sing...

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter