016

40 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Layla Zhang

Born May1st, 2013 at 5:34am.

7.4lbs.

&

Jackson Zhang

Born May 1st, 2013 at 5:45am.

7.5lbs.

 

3 hours after giving birth.

I had just woken up from my first nap after having the babies. The sleep that I had before really helped so now I feel a bit better but not totally. Refreshed mostly. Yixing and I decided on names just before I went to sleep. These were names that I have thought of for a long time. Yixing agreed to have english names while we kept his last name. 

Mostly I chose Layla because of Yixing's stage name. He seemed to love it a lot. While Jackson is name after my father. My dad is one of the most important people in my life even if he is mad or disapointed in me. It's a reminder to show how much family means to me.

Yixing called EXO-K to tell them anytime they want to visit the hospital they can. He also called EXO-M afterwards to inform them to the safe and healthy arrival of the twins. All seemed super excited to come and visit. But the most important people Yixing called were his parents and grandparents who stayed up all night waiting for pictures and the special phonecall to tell them that they were grandparents and great-grandparents.

Although it was nice for Yixing and I to have our moments alone with our newly arrived children, we couldn't wait to introduce them to all our loved ones.

"It's time for your first feeding." one of the nurses from the feeding clinic suddenly entered the room while Yixing finally took his turn to have a quick nap.

"How will I feed both of them?" I questioned because really I don't want to spend all my time feeding them.

"We supply a nursing pillow that is specially designed for twins. So then you are able to feed both of them at the same time." she told me taking the pillow from the closet that resided in the corner of the room.

With the numbness in my legs almost gone, I was able to get up off my bed and walk over to the little hospital bassinet for each of my angels. Firstly I picked Layla carefully by cralding her tiny body in my arms and walked back over to the bed. The nurse was the one to grab Jackson from his own bassinet. With a chair in the one of the corners of my room, I made my way towards it and sat down. The arm of the chair helped support my own arm with carrying Layla. 

The nurse followed me and also placed Jackson in my other arm while she went to grab the pillow. Gently when I lifted both of them up, she put the nursing pillow underneath both of them.

"Make sure you are comfortable before we start." she told me while she helped me adjust both of them. To be honest, it was really difficult to hold both of them in my arms. But although with that pillow, all I had to worry about was keeping them close to me.

The nurse looked behind her and saw Yixing fast asleep in the chair beside the bed. He really was a deep sleeper. "If he isn't around, you might have to do this with each baby seperately. Or if you prefer to pump and bottle feed then that would be easier." the nurse said to me. Which was true because I can only hold one baby at a time or until their neck doesn't have to be supported anymore.

I nodded and pulled the babies closer to me. The nurse undid the back of my hospital gown so that I was able to feed them.

"Remember that the first feeding from the is the most important, there are nutrients in the first milk supply that the baby needs so if they don't latch on now, we will pump it then bottle feed. Then we will try to feed another time." she said to me. Everything was so informative today, giving all the best advice and what not.

"Okay so now lets bare your brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter