Chapter 25

It's Complicated

“It’s so weird.”

Sehun froze and looked down at the pink head of hair on his chest. “What’s weird?”

“Me and you,” Luhan answered. “It’s weird how we always come back to each other. I thought I had lost you when we first broke up but then somehow we ended up getting married. It’s so weird.” Luhan looked up at Sehun and smiled. “It’s like it’s fate.”

“You never believed about those things before, why are you suddenly talking about fate and stuff?” Sehun felt Luhan squeeze his hand.

“I don’t know. I just feel like they’re not coincidences.”

“You’re weird.”

“We’re weird.”

 

Sehun jumped across the back of the couch and picked up a pillow in the process. “I promise I’ll stop,” he said. He threw the pillow on the advancing Luhan and ran out of the room.

“You little ! You broke the picture frame!” Luhan yelled after him.

“You wouldn’t stop chasing after me!” Sehun yelled back. He heard Luhan muttering curses under his breath and he went back into the living room. Sehun helped Luhan clean up the broken picture frame, the one with the picture of them at the beach when they were taking their wedding pictures.

When all the glass was cleaned up, Luhan gave Sehun a pointed look. “I’ll give you five seconds.”

Sehun frowned but when it finally registered in his mind what Luhan said, it was too late. Luhan had him pinned on the floor and sat on his back. “This seems really familiar to me somehow,” he said.

Luhan flicked the back of his head and Sehun yelped in pain. “Yea, the time when you ‘accidentally’ deleted my report.”

“What are you gonna watch a drama or something now?” Sehun asked, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

“You want me to?”

“No!”

~OoO~

“Can I be really cheesy?” Sehun asked.

Luhan stopped grading his papers and raised an eyebrow. “I’m not a mouse, I don’t like cheesy things.”

“I’m being serious here!” Sehun plopped down on the Luhan’s bed and buried himself in Luhan’s blankets.

“I’m grading, Sehun. Just wait a little bit.” A while later, Luhan felt Sehun creeping up behind him. Luhan spun around in his office chair and found Sehun wrapped in his blankets and standing behind him. “What?” Luhan asked.

“Are you done?”

Luhan looked at the stack he had on his desk and then back at Sehun. “I still have more.” He saw the dejected look on Sehun’s face and pushed Sehun back on the bed lightly. “But I have some time to spare.” He glances at the alarm clock. “About...let’s say, ten minutes?”

“We’ll make it quick.”

 

“What was the thing you wanted to tell me? About being cheesy and all that?” Luhan asked.

“Oh.” Sehun to his side so he could see Luhan’s face. “I’m gonna quote something and you’ll probably hate me after this.”

“Is it very cringe-worthy?”

Sehun ignored Luhan’s words and continued on talking. “So you know how you said it was like fate that we came together again?”

“Oh Sehun, if you’re gonna get all sentimental on me, I’m kicking you out.” Luhan slapped Sehun’s arm, leaving a red handprint on the pale skin. “I’m letting you leave now before I actually kick you out.”

“Just listen to me. Please?” Luhan heard the pleading in Sehun’s tone and he relented. “People who love each other end up reuniting. No matter how far apart they are, they will reunite in the end. Love is something that returns.”

Luhan stared at Sehun in awe. The room was quiet enough to hear the ticking of the clock in the hall. “You just quoted Stairway to Heaven on me didn’t you?”

“Umm, yes?”

“I knew it. You can’t come up with these things by yourself. Out. Now.” Luhan pointed a finger at the door and kicked Sehun off the bed.

Sehun muttered curse words as he picked up articles of clothing off the floor. “I’m making a try to be romantic and you kick me out. Nice, hyung, nice,” Sehun mumbled. He put his t-shirt on and put on his sweats afterwards. He left the room and closed the door with a faint click.

Luhan to his back and stared at the ceiling. He felt like he was flying. The flutter in his stomach and how his heart beat too fast, it made him feel weird on the inside.

Lu Han was very much in love once again with the same man.

~OoO~

Sehun rubbed his face with his hand. He felt sleep tugging on his eyelids, and he wanted to relent, but he couldn’t. He still had a lot more work to get to. Even with his leave, his father had piled more and more work on him, burying him with files to read over and papers to sign when he stepped foot back onto Seoul.

It had been two days and two nights since he had seen Luhan. Too busy with work to come home, he had called home to tell Luhan he couldn’t make it. There was always a disappointed tone that broke his heart, but there was nothing he could do.

Sehun heard a light knock on his door and he leaned forward on his chair. “Come in,” he said. He looked up and found Baekhyun walking into his office.

“Someone looks like they’ve been to hell and back,” Baekhyun commented. He set down a bag he was holding on the desk. “You smell weird.” Baekhyun took out a small bottle of perfume and sprayed Sehun. “Don’t ask why I have ing perfume in my bag, Sehun. I just saw you and I’m already done with your ,” Baekhyun said when he saw Sehun’s mouth open.

Baekhyun sits down on a chair and pours himself warm tea from the pot. “So I finally went to your house,” Baekhyun said. He sipped the drink and looked up at Sehun. “You have a really nice house and I’m currently wondering why you didn’t have a housewarming party or something.”

“You would have wrecked the house. You and Chanyeol.” Sehun took the bag and rummaged through its contents. “You bought me jjajangmyeon?” he asked, staring at the container as if it were something from heaven. He could feel saliva pooling in his mouth.

“No, Luhan made it. He told me to bring it to you. He also mentioned that you haven’t been home for a while and wants me to tell you that he misses you.” Sehun smiled and took out the plastic container and chopsticks. He opened the lid and inhaled the scent and dug in. “Ew, you eat like a pig. This is what Uncle is giving the company to?” Baekhyun joked.

“I thought you stopped calling my Abuji ‘Uncle’.”

“It slips sometimes.” Baekhyun finished his tea and put the cup down. It clinked on the china plate and he leaned back on the chair. “Come home soon though. Luhan looks really lonely.”

“I can’t,” Sehun said through a mouth of black bean noodles. “Work.”

“Shut up. You look disgusting.”

 

Sehun had forgotten what home smelled like. But the moment he opened the door and took his shoes off, he remembered. Luhan called from the kitchen.

“You’re home?” Luhan wiped his hands on a towel and hugged Sehun tightly, only to pull away seconds later. “You smell. Go take a shower.” Luhan pushed him away lightly. “Go.”

Sehun relented and climbed the stairs. After putting his things away and getting his clothes, he stripped and turned the water on. The feeling of cold water hitting his skin felt exhilarating. He scrubbed himself clean and then rubbed his hair with Luhan’s coconut shampoo. Sehun finished showering ten minutes later and he descended the stairs with blue plaid pajama pants and his college t-shirt.

“What’s for dinner?” he asked. He hugged Luhan from the back and placed his head on Luhan’s shoulder, peering over to see Luhan stirring a pot.

“I just made soup, nothing much. I actually didn’t expect you to be home tonight,” Luhan said. Sehun detected the happiness in Luhan’s tone.

“You missed me that much?” Sehun’s lower lip brushed against the skin on Luhan’s neck. “I really enjoyed that jjajangmyeon,” he added.

“Thanks,” Luhan said. He turned the stove off and spooned out portions of the soup into two bowls. He placed the two on the table and then returned to tug on Sehun’s hand. “Let’s eat.”

Dinner was filled with laughs and Luhan’s voice telling stories about his students. When they settled down for bed, Sehun found himself asking (begging) Luhan to sleep in his room. “I don’t even know why we have separate rooms anymore. Just sleep with me,” Sehun said.

“I don’t like your bed,” Luhan mumbled.

“Why not?”

“It smells like you. And it’s lumpy. I can’t sleep on lumpy beds that smell like Sehun.”

Sehun laughed and buried his face in the space between Luhan’s head and shoulder blade. He traced a finger along Luhan’s collar bone. He could tell Luhan used his coconut shampoo too.

Home smelled like Luhan. Luhan was home. 


I have the ending already planned out guise! There'll probably be a few more chapters, I want it to end up at 30 (because my OCD is kickin in and I need it to be a nice round number), but that might not happen because the ending is drawing near~ 

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Please leave questions, comments, and concerns (meep~!) in the comment section. I'll reply to every single one of them!