Chapter 11

It's Complicated

 

When Luhan called Minseok to talk, he received the most surprising greeting, if that’s what you could call it, ever. “Did he apologize?”

“What?” Luhan asked, confused. 

Minseok groaned. “I asked you if Sehun apologized.”

Luhan frowned. “You made him do it, didn’t you?” he asked. Luhan laid down on the bed. “Didn’t you?” There was a silence. “Minseok!” Luhan yelled, frustrated.

“I told him to apologize to you,” Minseok admitted. “Luhan, I was trying to help you.”

“You don’t need to help me!” Luhan snapped. He hung up and tossed the phone on the ground. He covered his head with the blanket and felt his eyes burning. He wanted to cry so much, but there were no more tears. He had wasted them all on Sehun. Instead, he squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his fists as he to his side.

The door creaked open and the sound of light footsteps was heard walking towards the bed. Luhan slowly opened his eyes. “Luhan?” He felt a hand touch the top of the blanket and Luhan shut his eyes again, pretending to be asleep. The bed dipped down at the bottom and the blanket was pulled away. Luhan almost stopped breathing, trying to stay still. “Luhan?” Sehun said again. Luhan let out a small groan and pretended to be half asleep as he his back. He didn’t really like that Sehun was sitting on his bed right now, but he didn’t do anything. It was Oh Sehun after all.

Luhan felt Sehun fix the blanket and place it on his stomach. He really wanted to crack his eyes open and see the other’s face, but didn’t want to risk Sehun knowing he was awake. After the small argument with Minseok a few minutes prior, Luhan’s trust with Sehun had dropped a tad. What if Sehun didn’t really mean that apology? He was stuck in his thoughts when he heard Sehun’s voice.

“Luhan, I’m really sorry. I’m not lying. I really hope that you’d forgive me. It kind of hurt...when you said that you didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore.” There was a silence after that and Luhan felt Sehun stand up. “And, I feel like a coward saying this when you’re asleep, but I think that I like you again.” Footsteps were heard, the door closed, blankets were tossed the floor, and Luhan had a big stupid grin on his face.

~OoO~

Sehun sighed and signed the last paper with a flourish and leaned back on the chair, finally done with his workload. Luhan called him a few hours earlier, sounding happier than before, and said that he’d bring Sehun lunch. Sehun was surprised, of course, not at the offer, but at the fact that Luhan had called him and did not cry, yell, or be cold. After a few minutes of resting, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Sehun fished the device out and found a text from Luhan.

I’m at the lobby; the guy won’t let me in.

Sehun put the phone back into his pocket and rode the elevator down to the ground floor, where he saw Luhan standing outside the glass doors with an impatient look on his face. Impatient Lu Han, was not a good Lu Han. Sehun walked outside, brushing past the guard an took Luhan by the hand, bringing him inside the building.

“He’s my husband, if you didn’t know,” Sehun said coldly. The guard looked stunned and he stuttered an apology. Sehun only rolled his eyes and brought Luhan to the elevator. “What’d you say to him?” Sehun asked.

“I told him I was here to see you. He said that you weren’t taking visitors today unless they had an appointment. Cocky bastard.” Sehun smiled to himself. This was the Luhan he knew a year ago.

~OoO~

Luhan sat down on the chair and placed the lunch on the table’s glass top. Sehun watched as Luhan untied the knot of the plastic bag and took out four plastic containers. He placed the one with rice in front of Sehun and Sehun opened the top. Luhan continued to open the other containers, which had meat, kimchi, and soup. Sehun picked up the spoon and the pair of chopsticks and started to eat.

Halfway through his meal, he looked up at Luhan, who was watching him. “Did you eat yet?” he asked.

Luhan nodded. “I ate at home.”

“You still hungry?” Sehun picked up a piece of kimchi and put it in front of Luhan’s mouth. “Eat with me.”

Luhan raised an eyebrow at him put reluctantly opened his mouth to let Sehun feed him. He wasn’t used to nice Sehun just yet, after a few bad encounters, but he was willing to give the other a chance after hearing what he said yesterday.

 

After half an hour of talking, eating, awkward silences, more eating, and some giggles/chuckles/laughs, Luhan left the building, glaring at the guard standing at the door. He made his way to his car and sat inside, putting the plastic containers on the seat next to him. Luhan puffed his cheeks out and took out his phone. He saw five missed calls from Minseok and a bunch of unread texts. He pressed on the red icon and scrolled through the apologies.

Luhan, I’m sorry

Pick up please

Luhan?

I’m sorry

Please pick up, I’m getting worried

Where are you? You’re not home.

Luhan?!?!?

LU HAN, PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE OR AT LEAST READ MY MESSAGES SO I KNOW YOU’RE ALIVE

Luhan’s fingers shook as he typed back a reply.

I’m sorry too. I know you were trying to help, I shouldn’t have snapped.

Luhan smiled when Minseok replied with an: I thought you were dead. Don’t do that to me again. Luhan started his car and drove home. While waiting at a red light, he felt a small pulsing in the back of his head. Luhan frowned and used one hand to rummage around to find the small bottle of pills in his car. The light turned green and Luhan turned his attention onto the road. When the pulsing became pounding, Luhan found a place to park and shut his eyes, leaning back on the seat with a hand on his forehead. Using his free hand to look for the bottle of pills, he groaned, noticing how loud everything was. The sound of cars rushing past, the chatter of the pedestrians, the movement of his own hands, it all seemed to echo in his ears, making everything ten times louder than it actually was.

Luhan’s hand touched the bottle and he cracked his eyes open and used shaky hands to twist the cap. It wouldn’t budge. Luhan tried again, this time making the cap turn to the left a bit. He continued and eventually the cap came off. He poured out some on his palm and counted two before popping them into his mouth. His hands twisted the cap back on and searched for the water bottle. The bitter taste of the pill was coming off on his tongue and made his headache worse. It was a while, but Luhan opened the water bottle and drank from it, swallowing the pills.

But the headache didn’t go away. Luhan picked up his phone and squinted at the screen. Shaking fingers clicking on the first person on his calls list, he brought the phone to his ears.

“Luhan?”

“Sehun, please help me...” he said, his voice weak and eyes closed to try to force the pain away.

“Luhan, what’s happening? Where are you?” Sehun asked. His voice sounded worried, almost panicking.

“It hurts. My head hurts...” Luhan let out a small groan when a wave of pain washed over his head.

“Luhan, where are you? I’ll be there.” Luhan could hear rustling from the other line. “Luhan?”

“I don’t know,” Luhan said.

“Look outside. Tell me what you see. What street are you on?” Sehun asked. He sounded like he was running now. Luhan opened his eyes and glanced outside.

“I’m in front of the convenience store I go to to eat ramyun,” he said.

“Alright, I’ll be there in five minutes. Luhan, don’t hang up on me okay?”

Luhan closed his eyes. “I don’t know if I can,” he said.

“Luhan? Luhan!” The phone dropped from Luhan’s hands and he went limp, unable to endure the pain. “Luhan! Luhan!” the distance voice of Sehun’s yells could be heard in the silent car.


I'm a horrible person aren't I? MWAHAHAHAHAHA Chenchen's back~!