Chapter 24

It's Complicated

“I take it you made up?” Zitao asked with a raised eyebrow when Luhan came into the kitchen for breakfast with a smile on his face.

“Huh? Oh yea,” Luhan mumbled. Zitao frowned.

“Hey, I’m talking to you.”

“Yea, yea. I know. I made up with Sehun. Okay?” Luhan poured cereal into a bowl and then went through the fridge for the milk. “We’re out of milk?”

“Umm, since two days ago,” Zitao answered. He rolled his eyes, when Luhan frowned and mouthed, “two days ago?” “You’ve been too caught up in your relationship problems.”

Luhan flushed a light pink and closed the refrigerator door. “What do I do with this?” Luhan sat down at the table and stared at the bowl of cereal.

“Eat it?” Zitao took a sip of his tea. “Or put it back in the box or wrap it up. I don’t know.”

Luhan stared at the bowl for a few more moments before standing up. “I’m going to buy milk. You want anything else?” He shuffled around the living room, looking for his wallet and then turned back to Zitao.

“Nothing,” was the reply. Luhan slipped on his shoes and opened the door. He was halfway down the block when he felt someone fall into sync next to him. He glanced up and found Sehun walking beside him.

“How’d you find me?” he asked.

“I saw you walk out when I was about to go in. I followed you.” Sehun smiled and Luhan couldn’t help but smile back. He had missed how Sehun’s eyes turned into half-moons and how he’d stick his tongue out playfully when doing so.

Luhan stuck his hand out and Sehun stared at it for a moment before lacing his fingers with Luhan’s. They walked to the nearest convenience store hand-in-hand. Luhan found that the gaps between his fingers fit Sehun’s hands perfectly.

 

“Are you coming back with me?” Sehun’s voice was hesitant. “W-we just made up and all, but I want to know if you’re thinking of coming back to Korea with me.”

Luhan sighed. “I don’t know. Maybe.” He could imagine the dejected look on Sehun’s face. “I’ll think about it. I’m missing Minseok a lot.”

“Hmm.”

Luhan played with the blanket as he kicked his legs back and forth. “Yea, I talked to him a few days ago, but it was really brief.”  

“So it’s a maybe right?” Sehun asked.

“Uh-huh.”

“Look, Luhan I have to go. I’ll call you back okay?”

“Okay.”

Sehun quickly mumbled an, “I love you,” and then hung up. A small smile grew on Luhan’s face and he felt a warm feeling pool in his stomach. He laid down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. Holding the phone on his chest, he let out a laugh and rolled onto his side.

The feeling of being loved, Luhan had missed it.

~OoO~

Sehun felt a weight on his shoulder and turned his head slightly to the side to find Luhan’s pink locks rested on his shoulder.

“Luhan?” he asked. He lifted his shoulder slightly and felt Luhan shift. “Hyung?” Sehun leaned forward and looked at Luhan face to find his eyes closed. Sehun reached over and unfolded the blanket and draped it over Luhan’s body. He felt the plane dip slightly and Luhan jerked awake.

“What’s happening?”

“Nothing, just turbulence,” Sehun answered. He forced Luhan to lay his head back on his shoulder again. “Go back to sleep.” Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun’s bicep and laced his fingers with Sehun’s.

“Okay,” he said, closing his eyes and nuzzling his face into Sehun’s shoulder.

Sehun waited until he could hear the soft snoring and steady breathing of his husband before leaning his head on Luhan’s and closing his eyes. “Thank you for forgiving me,” he whispered.

Sehun swore he heard Luhan say, “I love you.”

 

“You two should get together.”

“What the hell, Sehun.” He felt Luhan step on his leg under the table and Jongin kick his shin.

“I’m just saying.”

“Shut up.” Jongin kicks him again and glares at him. Kyungsoo’s a bright shade of pink and he tries to hide his face by stuffing himself with French fries. “I don’t need your ty matchmaking advice.”

Sehun rubbed his leg and sulked. He felt Luhan place his hand on his own and he laced their fingers together. Sehun could see, out of the corner of his eyes, reporters, standing outside of the McDonalds, taking pictures and filming the four of them. He ignored them, however and continued his meal. He saw the headlines of the newspaper last night when he and Luhan landed. There were pictures of the two of them together, Sehun’s arm around Luhan’s waist, and in big, black, bold, letters: Sehun and Luhan Are Back Together?

It was annoying to be honest.

“Hey.”

Sehun blinked, once, twice, before everything came back into focus. He found Jongin staring at him weirdly.

“What?” he asked. He picked up a French fry and dipped it in the ketchup before putting it in his mouth.

“You know you’re going to be in the news again tonight, right?”

“Yea,” he answered, shrugging. “I don’t really care. They’re just trying to find dirt on people.”

“What did your dad say when you got back?” Jongin asked.

Sehun felt Luhan squeeze his hand. “He yelled at me for a while and then told me to get out of his sight.” Sehun let out a dry laugh. “It wasn’t that bad actually.” He glanced at Luhan from the corner of his eye and he saw the corner of Luhan’s lips quirk upwards.

“You know, if your parents ever disown you, I’ll let you sleep in the studio.” Jongin tossed a French fry across the table playfully, and Kyungsoo scolded him in hushed whispers for playing with his food.

Sehun lets out a small laugh and he heard Luhan do the same, “I’ll take you up on that offer.”

There’s still an awkward aura in the atmosphere around the table. Sehun tapped his foot in an irregular pattern and he felt Luhan place a hand on his thigh to stop him. “We should get going,” Jongin mumbled to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nodded. “We have to go. We can meet up some other time right?”

“Yeah...” Sehun answered. There was a hint of disappointment in his tone, and Luhan caught it.

“Do you want to get going too?” Luhan asked. He lifted his hand from Sehun’s thigh and busied himself with the food on the table.

“What’s wrong?” Sehun whispered. There’s genuine concern in his voice and Luhan let out a small sigh.

“Nothing. Can we go?”

Sehun stared at Luhan for a few seconds before nodding. “Let’s go.”

~OoO~

Luhan tossed and turned in his bed. He couldn’t sleep, no matter what he did. He kind of wanted Sehun next to him, but decided not to go to Sehun’s room. Even though they were comfortable with each other now, and Luhan forgave Sehun, Luhan still felt that something was missing. He also had an irking feeling something was going to happen, and it wasn’t a good feeling. Luhan could feel the beginnings of a headache coming and he squeezed his eyes shut.

The headache was getting worse. Luhan felt his chest constricting and he took a deep breath and exhaled, but it came out as a cough instead. The pounding in his head and the coughs were enough to make tears leak out of the corner of his eyes. Everything seemed to hurt. Luhan fumbled around in the dark and tried to find the bottle of pills he kept, but he couldn’t find it. Instead, he knocked his phone off the drawer and he heard the sound echo in his head. The door was pushed open and the light was . Luhan could see the light through his closed eyes and tried to shut them even more. It was too bright. He felt the bed dip and the familiar feeling of Sehun’s hands.

“Hey, hey, breathe.” Sehun inhaled and exhaled loudly and Luhan tried to copy him, only to have another wave of pain hit his body. There was the sound of rustling, which Luhan found too loud, and then he felt small pills press against his lips. Luhan relaxed as he swallowed the pills and felt water wash them down. His breathing was normal again, but his hands were gripping the sheets with incredible force. Sehun ran a comforting hand down Luhan’s arm and tapped Luhan’s hand until the fingers relaxed.

Luhan took another deep breath and felt air rush into his lungs. He felt so much better now. His eyes slowly opened and he blinked multiple times to get used to the brightness of the room.

“You okay? You feel better now?” Sehun asked. Luhan let out a small whimper as an answer and Sehun understood. “Do you want to come to my bed?” Sehun whispered, wiping tiny beads of sweat away from Luhan’s forehead.

Luhan shook his head. “Stay here,” he answered, breathily.

Sehun left the bed to turn off the lights and Luhan’s eyelids fluttered closed. Sehun was beside him within seconds and the blanket covered their lower bodies. Sehun put an arm around Luhan protectively and let out a sigh.

“You should have slept in my room,” Sehun said, “I could have gotten you out of that faster.” Luhan felt warm puffs of air at his neck and he twitched. Sehun immediately drew away, alarmed. “Are you okay?”

“Fine,” Luhan replied.

Sehun laid back down beside Luhan but didn’t put his arms around Luhan this time. “Kick me, hit me, scream, do something if you start hurting again.”

“I’m fine,” Luhan said.

“You always say that and then you faint on me.”

“That happened once, Sehun.” Luhan remembered it clearly. It was back when Sehun still hated him.

“And it shouldn’t happen again. You just have to tell me so I can make it better.” There was a silence and Luhan felt Sehun’s hand touch his arm lightly. “Can...never mind.”

“What, Sehun?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Say it.”

Sehun hesitated, and then asked, “Can...can I kiss you?”

“You don’t have to ask.” 


Shameless advertising, ignore if you want: 

Hey guys, some of you might know, some might not, but on my other story "Happiness," I am accepting requests for drabbles in that AU. You can check it out, and request if you want! Hope to see some of you guys over there~