Chapter 10

It's Complicated

Dramatic chapter ahead guys~


Luhan woke with a start. He groaned and rubbed an eye. It felt like only five minutes since he fell asleep when it actually had been five hours. He sat up and found an arm on his lap. Tracing the arm to its owner, he found Sehun sleeping soundly. He stared at the other’s sleeping face for a few moments and then blinked at the arm on his thighs. Luhan picked up Sehun’s arm and placed it beside him. Luhan glanced at the clock hanging on the wall.

9:17

Luhan’s eyes widened and he scrambled off the bed, waking Sehun in the process. “I’m late, I’m late, I’m late...” he muttered to himself. He tripped, almost falling, while running out of the room.

“What’s going on?” he heard Sehun ask, his voice sleepy. “Luhan?”

Luhan ignored Sehun and ran across the hall to his room.

Sehun sat up and squinted at the clock and laid back down, burying his face in the pillow. “It’s only 9:18...” he mumbled. He was about to fall back asleep when the thought registered in his head. His eyes snapped open and he pushed himself off the bed. “!” Sehun raced towards the bathroom and grabbed his toothbrush. “Why didn’t I turn on my alarm?” He turned the water on and covered his toothbrush with toothpaste. That was when he remembered.

It was Saturday.

 

“My mom left earlier and isn’t going to be home for the whole day, but she wants to have dinner with us tonight.” Luhan picked up his cereal and walked into the living room and sat down in front of the TV.

Sehun watched him flip through the channels while also watching his coffee. He had this churning feeling in his stomach. The nicer side of Sehun wanted to say something to Luhan, but the other half told him to shut the other out. But for some weird reason, on this particular day, the nice side was winning the internal battle. Sehun turned his eyes away from his husband and instead stared at the last drips of coffee. When the machine stopped, he picked up the cup and held it in one hand while walking to the living room to join Luhan. He sat down next to Luhan and the other placed the now empty bowl on the table in front of them and curled his legs off the floor and held them closely to his chest. Sehun stared at the bright screen for a while before opening his mouth to speak.

“Luhan-”

“Sehun-”

Sehun froze. “You go first,” he said.

He saw Luhan his lips and wipe his upper lip with the back of his hand. “I was just going to ask you a favor,” Luhan said.

“Go ahead.”

Luhan put his legs down back on the floor. “I was going to ask you to please stick to one.”

Sehun frowned. “What are you talking about?”

Luhan sighed and moved to turn the TV off. After that, he turned to look at Sehun. “This is the only thing I’m asking of you. Please stick to either being nice to me or being cold. It doesn’t really matter to me anymore.” Luhan paused and swallowed the lump in his throat and he felt a pricking in his eyes, knowing that tears were probably forming. “Because I’m taking what you said to me before into account, now that I know you again. You said you don’t have feelings for me anymore.” Luhan used the back of his hand wipe his eyes. “Well from now on, you’re nothing but my ex, and you’ll never be anyone but my ex.”

Sehun dropped the cup in his hand, it breaking into pieces and coffee spilling over the floor. At that moment, a part of Sehun’s heart broke too.

 

“Help me... I don’t know why, but there’s this tiny part of me that hurts.”

“You’re an idiot! A complete idiot!” Baekhyun made a frustrated noise and flopped onto the chair. “Stupid idiot!”

“Baek, you’re not helping him,” Chanyeol said, rubbing Baekhyun’s arm.

Baekhyun frowned and pursed his lips. “You know? Even though you graduated at the top of the class, you’re so stupid it hurts!”

“I didn’t even do anything,” Sehun said quietly. It was more of a statement to himself, but Baekhyun heard it and fumed.

“Exactly,” Baekhyun said, pointing at Sehun, “You didn’t do anything. That’s why he made the first move. Any chance you had left is now gone.”

~OoO~

Minseok rubbed Luhan’s shaking back comfortingly. “Don’t cry,” he said.

“I-I can’t...it hurts...” Luhan managed to say. His voice broke again and another round of sobs started.

“I’m calling up that bastard and telling him off,” Minseok muttered, reaching for his phone.

“Don’t,” Luhan said.

“Why not? He’s the reason you’re like this!” Minseok yelled.

“It’s better this way isn’t it? He doesn’t love me anymore, and so doing this would make him happy. I want him to be happy.”

“God, Luhan! Why do you care so much?! Why are you so willing to sacrifice your happiness for him?!”

“You know Minseok. You know why I’m like this. You know why I’m so stupid when it comes to Sehun. You know it all...”

Minseok had nothing to say.

~OoO~

“You piece of . You better apologize to him or I’m going to hunt you down and kill you,” Minseok spat.

“You and what army?”

“My husband’s army.” Sehun froze. “What? Can’t beat your ex’s brother’s army?” Sehun heard a bitter laugh on the other side of the phone. “Apologize,” Minseok repeated before hanging up.

Sehun’s hand shook as he pulled the phone away from his ear. He closed his phone and slumped back on the chair, defeated. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and messed it up. Sehun was at a loss of words. First Baekhyun, now Minseok. They all seemed to hate him for something he didn’t do. Baekhyun’s words echoed in his mind again. It was because he did nothing. Well now Oh Sehun was going to do something.

 

“Luhan?” Sehun pushed the door to his room open slightly and found Luhan curled up in the sheets and blankets.

“You made up your mind?” Luhan asked. His voice sounded like he just finished crying (which he probably did).

“Yea.” Sehun stepped into the room and went over to the bed. “I told you this before, and I’m telling you again. I don’t hate you anymore.”

“What that’s supposed to mean?”

Sehun sat down on the bed and started to peel the sheets off Luhan. “I’m sorry...I won’t be a selfish bastard anymore.” There was a silence. “Luhan?” he asked, a tinge of panic in his tone.

“Good. That means you’ll do me another favor right?”

Sehun frowned. “Sure?”

“Leave me alone. Don’t talk to me, don’t look at me, don’t do anything that has to do with me unless our parents or other people are there,” Luhan said. He turned around on the bed to face Sehun with teary eyes. “Please. This is the last thing I’ll ask of you.”

Sehun felt his heart breaking again.

 

Sehun and Luhan sat awkwardly across Jongin and a person who they learned was named Kyungsoo. Sehun had suggested they go out for lunch and there they were now, at a McDonalds.

“How’ve you been Sehun?” Jongin asked.

“Fine. You?”

“Eh,” was the reply.

Sehun glanced at Luhan, who was stirring his drink with the plastic straw. “Don’t do that, it’ll taste all weird,” Sehun said, reaching a hand to grab the straw from Luhan’s hand. Jongin watched Sehun with sad eyes, but said nothing.

“Jongin, you want to leave?” Jongin turned his head to face Kyungsoo and found him staring at Jongin worriedly.

“Sure,” he replied, his voice a whisper. “We’ll be leaving first. Bye,” Jongin said. He waved at Sehun and Luhan and left the fast food place with Kyungsoo at his side.

Luhan moved farther from Sehun and continued to nibble on his food, while Sehun sighed and put the straw down. “Are you done? We should go,” Sehun said. He crumpled the wrapper in one hand and took his drink with the other. Luhan stood up and threw his trash away, leaving the building. Sehun watched and sighed. He scooted out of the bench and threw the wrapper away, following Luhan into the car. The ride home was quiet. Sehun had tried to ease the tension by asking Luhan questions, but the other didn’t reply. When they reached the house Luhan left the car without saying a word.

Making a move was very hard when someone was as stubborn as Luhan. 


And I got some comments from you guys about Luhan dying, and since I live to please my lovely readers, I decided to rule that off my list of eligible endings. Much love~