Chapter 21

It's Complicated

“You’re an .”

“I know.”

“You don’t deserve his love.”

“I know.”

“Then why are you asking me to do this?!”

“Because I love him.”

“Well I loved him too! But what did I get? Friendzoned. So what if you love him? Come back when you have a better reason.”

Minseok pointed towards the door and waited for Sehun to stand. “Aren’t you leaving?” he asked.

“I can’t,” Sehun replied.

“And why the not? It’s my house. Get out.”

“Minseok, please.”

“You’re a pitiful, pathetic person you know that? You go around playing with people’s emotions and ruining their sanity because you can’t seem to find someone who loves you. Well, you know what? I’m sick of that. You ruin my best-friend’s life and then move on to my brother-in-law. Now you’re back to my best friend and ruin him again. You’re a horrible person. You don’t deserve Luhan.” Minseok glared at Sehun when the latter said nothing. “That’s it? Silence?” Minseok scoffed. “You’re worse than I thought.”

“What do you want to me to say then?” Sehun asked.

“Give me a goddamn reason why you would even pull something like that!” Minseok yelled.

“I wanted to see if I loved Jongin anymore,” Sehun answered, his voice a whisper.

“You could have done it some other way! You should have told Luhan what you were going to do so he wouldn’t be hurt! Are you that stupid?!”

“Yes.”

“Then you deserve this.”

“Minseok, please.”

“Stop begging me!” Minseok tried to calm himself, but seeing Sehun sitting in front of him only made him angrier. “Get out. Get out before I call Jongdae and have him make you get out.” Minseok glared at Sehun as the other stood up and walked out of the apartment. After he heard the door close, he fell onto the couch.

Minseok hated yelling, just as much as he hated Sehun. Put both things together and you get not-so-happy, unpleasant, rude Kim Minseok. But even as much as he hated Oh Sehun, he knew that Sehun was trying to fix things. It must have taken so much to actually find Minseok’s house and ask him to help. Minseok knew that Sehun was going through just as much as Luhan was, but he wasn’t going to let him go that easily. Minseok knew that Sehun was crying himself to sleep every other night because Chanyeol, his friend from college, was Sehun’s best friend’s boyfriend. Minseok knew all these things, but he wasn’t going to give in. Sehun has to know how it feels to be broken before he helps him get pieced back together.

~OoO~

“Baekhyun, it didn’t work. He kicked me out.”

“Did you at least pitch the idea to him?” Baekhyun asked.

Sehun nodded, and then realized Baekhyun couldn’t see him from other the phone so mumbled a ‘yes.’

“Then that’s all you can do for now,” Baekhyun sighed. “Give him a few days to think it over. He is Luhan’s best friend after all, he must want Luhan to feel better and come back as soon as possible.”

“I don’t know. When I was talking to him, he seemed to not give a .” Sehun bit his lip and then continued. “He cussed me out too. He said I didn’t deserve Luhan.”

“Sehun...”

“Yea?”

“I’m not trying to be mean, but you really don’t. You’ve hurt him so many times but he keeps coming back to you, he keeps forgiving you. And when you do something like this...it...”

“Stop. Please.”

“Sehun, I’m just saying-”

“Don’t. I’ll call you back later Baekhyun. Thanks for everything.”

“Sehu-”

Sehun pulled the phone away from his ear and ended the call. He didn’t want to be reminded of how much of a douche he was. He didn’t want to be reminded of anything that had to do with Luhan.

~OoO~

“Are you coming back soon?”

Luhan sighed. “I’m not sure yet. I want to think everything over first.”

“Come back soon okay?”

“Why are you so keen on having me back so fast? Do you miss me that much?”

“Luhan, don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m asking you to come back as soon as possible because Sehun keeps asking me about you.”

Luhan frowned. “What’s he been doing?” Luhan asked. There was this part of Luhan that angry, frustrated, and betrayed by Sehun, but the worried feeling overpowered it. “Is he doing well?”

“Luhan.”

“What?”

“You still care about him don’t you?” Minseok asked.

Luhan hesitated.

“I never stopped.”

 

Call him.

When Luhan woke the next morning, he found a phone number and the words, “Call him.” He immediately knew who it was.

“Yifan.” He crumpled the sticky note in his hand and burst into the kitchen to see Zitao eating breakfast. “Where’s my brother?” he asked.

“Yifan left half an hour ago,” Zitao answered. Luhan bit his lip. Why would Yifan tell him to call Sehun? He thought Yifan would have killed Sehun by now, but instead, he was telling him to call Sehun? “Luhan, is something wrong?”

“Nothing,” Luhan replied. He brought a hand up and tried to flatten his bed-hair. “I’ll be taking a walk after I fully wake up,” he said. Luhan tossed the yellow ball of paper into the trash can and left the kitchen. He went back to his room and sat down at the foot of the bed, staring at the wall.

“Don’t cry. Don’t cry,” he chanted to himself. Luhan took a few deep breaths and leaned back, lying down on the bed. The blanket was uneven underneath his head, creating a makeshift pillow. The whole reason he came to China was to get away from Sehun and the drama that would unfold.

But it just followed him.

~OoO~

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be, it was my fault.”

“No it wasn’t, Jongin.”

“I let you kiss me.”

“I initiated it.”

“Sehun, stop.”

“Just accept my apology.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“Yes it is! Can you just accept the fact that I ing screwed up and lost someone very important to me?!”

Jongin could hear Sehun’s heavy breathing from the other line. “It’s your fault,” he muttered.

“Thank you.”

“I’m hanging up,” Jongin mumbled. He pulled the phone away from his ear, but stopped halfway when he heard Sehun say something.

“I’m really sorry for all the I put you through over the past few months. And now that I look back at the times I spent with you, I came to the conclusion that I don’t deserve you Jongin.”

“What are you talking about Sehun?” Jongin could feel Sehun’s arms around him, he could feel his breath on his neck, he could smell Sehun’s scent lingering around him. “Y-You’re making this a lot harder than it needs to be,” he said.

“I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t even have called you. It’s just...I feel so alone, and you’re the only person that would understand how I feel.”

Jongin lost it. He pulled the phone away from his ear and ended the call. Even though he was sure he didn’t have any feelings for Sehun anymore, he still felt that tug on his heartstrings whenever Sehun talked to him with that voice. He stared at the device on his bed and picked it up when the screen flashed Kyungsoo’s name.

“Kyungsoo?”

“Can I come over? We can shoot off zombie heads again.” Somehow, that voice brought him over the edge.

Jongin felt his lower lip tremble. “Sure, hyung. Sure.”

~OoO~

“I’m sure you’re not the only ‘emotionally unstable one’ right now.” Minseok gave Sehun a look but it softened when he saw the other shrink. “Sehun.”

“Hmm?” Sehun looked up. Minseok felt guilt pool in his stomach when he saw how broken Sehun looked. Luhan was just gone for three weeks, nearing a month, and Sehun was already a mess.

“Have you tried calling him?” Minseok asked.

Sehun slowly shook his head. “He wouldn’t pick up anyway.”

“How do you know?”

“It’s Luhan.”

“And? It’s Lu Han. The Lu Han that agreed to you when you confessed, it’s the Lu Han who married you knowing that you’re an , it’s the Lu Han that never stopped caring about you. What makes you think he wouldn’t pick up?”

Sehun fiddled with his fingers. “Are you sure?”

“Try. The worst thing you can get is no answer.” Minseok eyed the fidgeting male sitting across from him. “Hurry. Jongdae’s coming home soon. I don’t think he’d like seeing your face here.”

Minseok watched Sehun take out his phone and unlock it. He watched Sehun’s shaking fingers, the worried eyes flitting back and forth. He watched as Sehun brought the phone to his ear and the scared, vulnerable face disappeared, replaced by tears.

“H-Hyung. Y-You picked up.” 


So I updated~! Anyways, I have two things for you guys. One, is a poll, and two is my tumblr. You can also ask me questions on there! (And you'll probablu find out that I'm Sehun and Jongdae biased. :P)

So here's the poll!