My Secret is Hidden

My Disorder is You

After dropping Jessica back off at home, Taeyeon returned to her office although she didn’t have any patients that day. She just wanted to be alone and the thought of going to her office was the only place she thought she could go.

“Boss?”

Taeyeon looked up weakly at her secretary, “Oh hey Soo...why are you still here? You should go home.”

“I should be saying the same to you...why are you here?”

“Umm I wanted to go over some patient’s files to clear my head.” Taeyeon started heading to her office but Sooyoung followed her in. Taeyeon heard her company but she still carried out her routine of hanging her coat carefully and placed her pens and paper out neatly before taking her seat.

“Taeyeon I have something you need to see.”

“Oh? You look so serious about this.” Taeyeon took the papers Sooyoung handed her and started reading them. “What is this about? I told you I wasn’t going to take in any other delinquents.”

Sooyoung fidgeted with her fingers, “That isn’t it. These are testimonials from Jessica’s and Hara’s classmates about what happened that year.” Sooyoung sat down in the chair exhausted, “I can’t believe that I didn’t see it happening. I mean she was my neighbor!”

Taeyeon carefully placed the papers down and massaged her head, “No wonder she never opened up to me....”

“Tae...what are you going to do?”

“Maybe I could hit Hara in the head with a roller like Jessica suggested,” Taeyeon scoffed.

“What? You aren’t violent.”

“Maybe Jessica’s violent habits are growing on me.” Taeyeon gave a weak smile before looking at the papers again.

“Are you going to talk to Jessica about this?”

“I am afraid to bring this up...she didn’t like it when I talked to her teachers. She became very defensive when she found out I was digging into her personal life. I feel like I might lose her trust.”

Sooyoung leaned her head back on the couch, “Do you think Jessica ever gave you her trust in the first place? Or is even capable of giving anyone her trust after all of this?”

Taeyeon opened up Jessica’s files and put the papers in the folder, “I will have to work hard on earning it then.” She shut the file cabinet before returning to her chair and looking at Sooyoung, “Are you going home?”

Sooyoung looked up at Taeyeon, “Soon.” Silence befell the room until Sooyoung talked again, “Taeyeon can I ask something personal?”

“You usually ask what is on your mind. What is it?”

“When was the last time you fully gave someone your trust?” Sooyoung looked up at Taeyeon who became eerily silent, “You don’t have to answer but I feel like for trust to be earned you need to also trust in that person.” Sooyoung got off the chair and headed towards the door, “Have a good night Tae...”

Taeyeon watched as the door closed before leaning back in her chair. She spent the next few minutes digesting Sooyoung’s words before her phone started ringing, “Hello?”

“Taeyeon? Kim Taeyeon?”

The voice sounded familiar, “Yes this is her.”

“Ah I got the right place! This is Sunny. I am heading to Australia in a few days and I wanted to see you before I leave. Do you have time for dinner tonight?”

Taeyeon thought it was weird how Sunny wanted to see her again after everything but she couldn’t see why she should turn down the invitation, “That is fine.”

“Great! I will meet you at Gae Hwa Oak in 2 hours?”

“That is fine.” Taeyeon hung up the phone before taking out some work to kill time before dinner.

 

 

Taeyeon arrived at the restaurant on time but it seemed like Sunny was running a bit late. After waiting a few minutes, Taeyeon saw Sunny approaching, “Oh you could have sat down. I made reservations.”

Sunny went up to the counter, “Lee Soon-kyu for three.”

“Yes mam this way.”

Taeyeon followed hesitantly wondering who the third person was that was to be joining them. As usual, Taeyeon carefully examined the seat and table before taking a seat. The restaurant was very high end so she thought everything looked very clean and well organized. The two ordered food before conversation started, “Who did you order food for?”

“Oh you know her. She just said to order cause she will come late.”

“Umm why did you want to see me?”

“I don’t know. Maybe cause I miss my good friend.”

“Does that mean you want to be friends with me again?”

Sunny placed her elbows on the table and looked Taeyeon in the eyes, “Look...I know the last years of high school were pretty bad for us but I want us to forget about it. I was stupid and childish for giving up on a friendship because of all that.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I am glad to have one of my friends back then. I missed your childish ways though...”
Sunny smiled, “I missed my nerdy friend.”

Taeyeon let out a hearty laugh, “I am not that nerdy!”

“Whatever nerd...” The two girls were laughing until the third girl arrived. Taeyeon immediately became silent as all the muscles in her body froze.

Sunny got up from her chair and gave the person a hug, “Fany!! I missed you Tiffany!”

Taeyeon remained rooted in her chair as she watched the two girls give friendly greetings. For a little while Taeyeon was convinced everything was like it was in high school again. But all thoughts like that disappeared when Tiffany gave her that look again.

Sunny saw the awkward silence between Tiffany and Taeyeon, “Umm so I heard you two went to different universities. Did you both keep in contact?”

Taeyeon looked down and started playing with the napkin, “For a while...”

Tiffany finally spoke up, “We did at first but then we both got busy so we had a fall out.” Tiffany never let her eyes befall on Taeyeon as if Taeyeon didn’t even exist at the table. “So Sunny when will you come back to Korea? I miss you so much every time you leave.”

Sunny gave a bright smile, “In three weeks. I know you treat me so well every time I come so I should come back sooner.”

Taeyeon watched as the two conversed in front of her as if she didn’t exist. She wanted to just leave because she felt like a third wheel but the food came so she had something to occupy herself with. She could see Sunny wanting to include Taeyeon into the conversation but every time Tiffany would redirect the conversation to just her and Sunny. Taeyeon was starting to feel weak and tired after being dejected from the conversation the whole meal.

After a few hours the meal finally ended causing Taeyeon to sigh in relief. The girls got up from the table and all of them bid each other goodbye. Taeyeon was going to head to her car but she noticed that she left her purse in the restaurant so she went back to get it. The waiter let her go back to the table and get her purse but when she got there, she noticed a wallet also. Taeyeon knew it was Tiffany’s so she took it too. Quickly, Taeyeon ran outside to see if Tiffany was still there but the girl was gone. Taeyeon looked at the wallet thinking of how to return it. Knowing she couldn’t get it back to Tiffany tonight, Taeyeon took the wallet for now until she could contact the girl.

 

Taeyeon weakly made it back home. She quickly did her usual routines before relaxing on her couch. She opened her eyes looking at the wallet that was on the coffee table. Curiosity started consuming her on what could be in the wallet. She didn’t care about the money that was probably in it but what personal items could be there. Maybe there was a picture of her husband or something like that.

After much contemplation, Taeyeon reached over and took the wallet thinking Tiffany had a business card in there to contact her. Carefully, Taeyeon opened up the wallet. She looked around for a while until a picture that was hidden behind a slot came to view, “Why does she have a picture of Sunny in her wallet?”

 

 


Author's Note

I am back! Sorry for the longer break. I got sick for a while. Might be hard now but I am slowly showing you both stories and giving you all the pieces to the puzzle. Sorry for no taengsic interations but trust me, lots of taengsic coming.

Also...I barely had any comments last time...I was a bit sad about that.

Lastly, JeTi won in the polls so if you want to read some JeTi from me: I'm Not One of Those Crazy Girls is a new story I started.