Your Warmth

My Disorder is You

Jessica laid next to Taeyeon on the bed whilst absentmindedly playing with Taeyeon’s fingers. Meanwhile, Taeyeon was resting her head comfortably in Jessica’s embrace, “I am really sorry about Tiffany.”

Jessica adjusted a bit to look down at Taeyeon, but was careful not to touch anywhere Taeyeon was injured, “It must have been hard without me here and I understand that.”

“I really told her to leave but she insisted she’d help me get better.”

Jessica sighed, “Your kind heart is what I love about you but you shouldn’t feel indebted to her because her husband died in the accident that you also didn’t cause. It was just some unfortunate events and Tiffany has Sunny to keep her busy.”

Taeyeon pulled up Jessica’s hand and kissed it, “I don’t understand how you can be so understanding all the time.”

Jessica smiled down at her girlfriend, “I must be blinded to see only your good intentions.”

Kissing Jessica’s hand once again, “I must have been blind to let you go to America. I can’t bear to watch you leave me again.”

Jessica chuckled, “I like my selfish girlfriend too but you should try to get some rest. It has been a long day since I came.”

Taeyeon was already feeling drowsy from the painkillers but with Jessica around, she fought sleep as hard as she could so she could continue to feel, hear and see her. “Can you sing me something?”

Jessica kissed Taeyeon’s crown before letting her voice fill the room:

Without anyone knowing, without even me knowing

I don’t know when but you came into my heart

Tears fell yesterday and tears are falling again today

With my head down low, I’m looking at you...

And with that, Taeyeon was lulled into a peaceful sleep. Jessica stopped singing when she heard the soft breathing beside her. Looking down at her lover she watched her sleep until her tired eyes also made her sleepy.

 

----------------------

 

Lee Jin-ki wasted no time and went directly to Taeyeon’s workplace to check out her parking spot, “238...ah must be here.” He looked down at the empty spot and around it but it looked normal. He then looked up and around for the CCTV camera which looked to have covered the spot that Taeyeon’s car was in so he decided to find the security office. The security office was also located in the car garage and he was lucky the security guard was present, “Do you keep the CCTV recordings here?”

The security guard ushered the man in, “Of course they are all here.”

The officer pumped his fist, “Great! I need to see some footage.” He then took out his badge, “It is for official police business.”

The security guard nodded, “Which times do you want to look?”

Lee Jin-ki gave the guard three days prior to the accident up to the day of the accident and started to review the footage with the guard, “Wait....go back.”

The guard started reversing the footage, “Here?”

Looking curiously into the screen, “Humm do you think it is strange that a car happened to stop right in front of lot 238 when no other cars are around?” The guard nodded, “okay go back to before the car appeared.” The officer played back the video before Lee Jin-ki put a piece of paper on the screen to roughly mark Taeyeon’s car for height and tire circumference, “Okay play it until the car moves away.” Once the car moved, Lee Jin-ki put the paper on the screen again, “Haha got ya. Can we change cameras to get the license plate of that car?”

The security personnel put up several screens of that day to find the car, “Maybe this screen?”

The other man looked carefully, “Humm can’t see the person’s face but I know that car very well...I why was Nichkhun there? There is no way he would cause his own accident right?”

 

---------------------------

 

Taeyeon giggled as the girl next to her finally stirred, “Hello sleepyhead.”

Jessica moved her arm away from Taeyeon so she could rub her eyes, “How long was I out?”

“I have no idea but you drooled a bit on my gown,” Taeyeon pointed out the wet spot which made Jessica gasp in embarrassment, “Don’t worry about it, not like you can control it.”

“I am so sorry!” Jessica tried drying the wet spot but Taeyeon only giggled more causing Jessica’s face to grow even redder, “I think I have some jetlag...”

Taeyeon reached on her shoulder to hold Jessica’s hand to rub it gently, “It doesn’t matter. I know you are tired. I sleep on and off all day but I think you have been up for nearly 24 hours. Why don’t you go to my home and get some rest? It is closer than your place. Also I could use a few things from my home when you get back.”

“But I don’t want to leave you,” Jessica whined.

Taeyeon reached to cup Jessica’s face and planted a quick peck on her luscious lips, “I am not going anywhere and I think you need rest to look after me.” To convince the girl even more, Taeyeon pulled out some aeygo, “Please? I need you to get me some items too.”

Jessica was practically melting in front of her girlfriend, “I guess some good rest would be nice.”

Taeyeon smiled in victory that she gave Jessica another peck before reaching over to get a pen and paper. She jotted a few things on the paper, “I think you know where these items are. Make sure you get some proper rest before coming back though.”

Jessica smiled as she took the piece of paper and got off the bed, “I will be back tonight I promise.” After going over to get a few things on the couch Jessica went back to Taeyeon so she could caress the older woman’s baby face, “I need your keys.”

“In my belongings over there.”

Jessica walked away from Taeyeon and shifted around her things until she saw the familiar keys and then went back to Taeyeon so she can caress the older girl’s hair who loved the feeling of Jessica’s fingers cascade through her soft locks. She then leaned down to kiss her crown, “Be back soon.”
Reluctantly Jessica left Taeyeon who was grinning as the younger girl left the room. She hated that her body was demanding sleep so badly that she had to leave Taeyeon. All she wants to do is be with the older woman and make sure she is with her so nothing like that ever happens again. It was always a battle to leave Taeyeon these days. Jessica made her way out of the hospital she saw the ghost of someone turn into the hallway towards Taeyeon’s room but she shrugged it off as it might be just a nurse.

 

Taeyeon rubbed her forehead and smiled as she could still feel Jessica’s lips linger on that spot. Actually her whole body tingled in the places that Jessica touched and kissed. Feeling a bit giddy, Taeyeon felt so full of energy from the love Jessica showed her. A small click of the door made Taeyeon grin widely, “Forget something Sooyeon?” Seeing who actually came through the door made her frown instantly, “What are you doing here Tiffany?”

----------------------

It was a very short ride in her mother’s car to Taeyeon’s apartment but she didn’t have Taeyeon’s pass to get into the garage so she had to park outside. Jessica took the very familiar path into the doors, up the elevator and into the doors of Taeyeon’s apartment. For a brief moment she closed her eyes and breathed in the scent that was Taeyeons’, “God I missed this.”

Not wanting to forget to get Taeyeon’s belongings, Jessica looked at the paper again, “What a strange list of items.” Since she was near the kitchen, Jessica went for the first item which was Taeyeon’s tumbler that had a built in Britta Filter. Next Jessica made her way to Taeyeon’s room and went through the drawers near the bed until she found Taeyeon’s kindle that she liked to read books from before bed. The last items were to be found in the bathroom that were disinfectant related and mouthwash.

Seeing as she had too many items, she went to search for a bag to hold it in and take it back to Taeyeon. Thinking that Taeyeon kept shopping bags in the kitchen, Jessica went to look there first. As she thought, the bags were in a cabinet so she took out the tote bag and filled it with the items and then left it by the door near her shoes. Looking at the shoes, Jessica stopped when she saw a pair of Taeyeon’s shoes not straight, “Humm did I kick it by accident?” Not wanting Taeyeon to get bothered by it when she came back home, Jessica made sure the shoes were as Taeyeon liked until she went to the room and sleep in Taeyeon’s bed.

Jessica looked at the bed and saw how it was perfectly made, “hum I might mess it up if I sleep there...” Instead of sleeping in the bed, Jessica went to the living room whilst taking the blanket in a drawer to sleep on the couch. The younger girl smiled brightly on the couch, “Ah so many good memories on this couch...” Thinking of the memories she had with Taeyeon in the apartment, Jessica laid down wide eyed until she saw something shiny above her on the bookshelf. Out of curiosity, Jessica got a chair to see what the object could be but when she found out what the item actually was, she dialed the officer’s number that Taeyeon told her was her case supervisor, “Is this Lee Jin-ki? Ah I am Jessica Jung a close friend of Taeyeon and I am in Taeyeon’s apartment right now where I found a strange item. Please come over, I will be waiting.”

-----------------------

“Please sit down.” Sooyoung took a seat across from the girl. “So what is it you want to talk about?”
Sooyoung sat back in her chair, “I think we need to stop this right now Sunny.”

Sunny rubbed her temples, “I heard you went to America a few times.”

“That is true.”

“Are they here?”

“Tomorrow. It will all end tomorrow so we just need to keep Tiffany away from Jessica and Taeyeon until then.” Sooyoung looked into Sunny’s eyes, “Are you okay with it? I know we didn’t want to have it get to this point.”

Sunny wiped away her tears, “No...no we need to do this for Tiffany. I can’t believe it got to this point again.”

Sooyoung got out of her chair so she could go hug Sunny for comfort, “This won’t be easy for any of us but I don’t think we can do this on our own anymore.” Sunny just continued to cry into Sooyoung’s shoulder while the younger girl tried calming her down saying everything will be alright in the end.

 

 

 


Author's Note

So I wanted to make this a super long chapter but I made a decision to stop it here since the next chapter will be very dramatic. I think you can wait a bit long for that right?

But good news is that I am officially back from vacation! I wasn't completely absent when on vacation so you can check out my 3 stories Beach BumsFinding a Home, and For The Love of Art when you have time.

I saw I gained several new readers while gone and I wanted to say Hello! Welcome!