Of Rainbows and Unicorns

My Disorder is You

“Hey buddy!” Jessica swung her arm around Taeyeon but with her quick reaction time and swift movements, Taeyeon managed to avoid the other person from touching her. Jessica pouted, “still not going to let me touch you huh?”

Taeyeon stayed silent while she shuffled her papers before making her way into her seat while Jessica went to her position on the couch, “how was school?”

“Why start off with such a boring conversation starter? I mean we could start a conversation about the processing of cheese. That sounds more interesting than your question.”

“Okay then. To make cheese you need to first milk the cow…”

Jessica was getting annoyed, “Stop…stop already. Fine. School was great. Rainbows filled the sky while we rode the unicorns to school…”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica amused, “seems like you had a good time. Is riding a unicorn hard?”

“Are you being serious now?”

“Were you being serious?”

Jessica laid back on the couch and looked at the ceiling, “why do you want to know how school went anyway? I am a delinquent remember? I usually cut class and sleep on the roof.”

“Do you always have to put up this front with me?”

“What front? No front. This is me.”

“I have reports from your teachers here.”

Jessica sat up immediately and took the papers from Taeyeon, “why do you have these?”

“It is part of my job.”

“Your job is to go around digging into my personal life?”

Taeyeon sighed, “it isn’t like that. I need stuff like this to understand you better. I know you lie to me a lot. How can you lie to a friend? You said we were friends or was that a lie too?”

“I don’t know.” Jessica went to her former position of laying on the couch.

“It is fine if you don’t want to be. Not like we know much about each other anyways.”

“You seem to know a lot about me though.”

“I have to…”

“I know! It is part of your job.”

“What if it wasn’t part of my job that I was doing this? Would you be more honest with me then?” Jessica pulled out her phone to give herself a distraction from Taeyeon. “It is okay if you don’t want to answer.” Taeyeon looked at Jessica before continuing, “your teachers say good things about you. You are tardy and sleep a lot if you come to class but other than that, your grades never faltered. You are ranked number 1 in the school too. For a delinquent, why are you so diligent about school still?”

“Just smart I guess.”

“To be ranked number 1 you have to be more than just smart.”

“I repeated a grade remember? So there. I am just smart.”

“Are you bored with school?”

“Does it look like I am having fun with it?”

Taeyeon put down her notepad and pen at her desk in their usual positions before taking her coat. She started from the bottom and worked her way up making sure her coat was securely around her body before brushing it with her hands, “let’s go.”

Jessica looked over her phone to Taeyeon who was clearly ready to go somewhere, “don’t you have other appointments?”

“You are the last.”

“But the couch is comfortable. I don’t want to go anywhere.”

Taeyeon crossed her arms in disbelief, “You really don’t remember my proposition from last time?”

“Enlighten me.”

“You said something like you hate this office and I said you could choose somewhere else if you answered some of my questions.”

“Maybe some other time then.”

“Well I am leaving and locking the door behind me, so if you don’t want to be locked in, I suggest you stop being lazy and come with me.”

Jessica groaned before getting off the couch, “you won’t be charging me extra for any additional time we spend together?”

“Who says I get paid to be with you in the first place?”

 

Jessica looked out the window of the car, “what is this place?”

Taeyeon turned off the engine and unbuckled her seatbelt, “just come out and see.”

Jessica closed the door but was still confused to their current location so she closely followed Taeyeon into the building. Once inside, Jessica’s nose filled with the scent of freshly baked goods that the smell became intoxicating. The two finally arrived at the door that said “Choi Culinary Academy.”

“This place is owned by the Chois who you know well.” Taeyeon opened the door and took two aprons off the hooks and gave one to Jessica, “no you have no choice. Just follow me.”

Jessica wasn’t going to argue with the therapist so she just took the apron and continued to follow Taeyeon. Once inside, Jessica was fascinated with all the cooking equipment that lined the room and saw other people there preparing for what seemed like a class, “we are going to cook?”

“Not cook. Bake. This lesson is how to make baked goods like cakes.”

Jessica just nodded and took a spot in the back next to Taeyeon at the station she went to. As Jessica was waiting for the lesson to start, she started to examine the people that entered the room but a familiar face caught her attention causing her blood to boil. It wasn’t out of fear, but uncertainty that Jessica turned her face away so the girl wouldn’t see her. “We should leave.”

“For someone who is a delinquent, why should you be the one to leave? Are you scared of her or something?”

“I am scared of her safety. I might just attack her with this roller.”

Taeyeon started laughing at Jessica who was holding the roller in her hands, “calm down tiger. She won’t see you back here. Just focus on the lesson.”

“How can I when I could give her a piece of my mind right now!” Jessica said in a whisper so the other people in the class couldn’t hear.

“I guess we will test your focus for now. Just ignore her, like she isn’t here.”

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and gave the girl she hated an icy glare before returning the same gaze to Taeyeon, “I knew you were up to something fishy when I entered your car.”

“We can’t always ride our unicorns and see rainbows.”

Jessica scoffed at Taeyeon’s response while she carefully put down the roller and decided to distract herself by preparing for the lesson. The teacher arrived and explained they were going to make red velvet cupcakes. Jessica tried to remained focused on the teacher but her eyes always went back to the same girl she hated. Suddenly she was nudged in the side by Taeyeon who pointed at the ingredients, “Jessica focus. We need to put in 2 cups of flour and then 1 cup sugar here.”

Jessica sighed and did like Taeyeon said before she started to whisk the ingredients. Her eyes went back to the girl while her whisking became more fierce, “Jessica! I think it is mixed.” Taeyeon said quietly to make sure no one would look at them in the back because she knew it would be bad if the girl Jessica was eyeing saw them. “Why don’t we pour this into the baking cups.” Jessica returned her attention to her station and helped Taeyeon with preparing the icing after the unbaked cupcakes were put in the oven.

After the icing was made, Taeyeon and Jessica sat around waiting for the cupcakes to finish baking, “she still bothers you that much? When was the last time you saw her?”

Jessica was leaning on the counter while she looked at her hands, “not since graduation...her graduation. I didn’t see her after that since she went to university at the best in Seoul.”

“That is a long time. Have you ever thought of what you would do to her after you saw her again?”

“I always thought I would see her in passing so hit her with a car? Or push her in front of a car?”

Taeyeon let out a small laugh, “I don’t think you would do that.”

“What about you? I mean what would you have done to Tiffany?”

“Nothing.”

“You never had thoughts of harming her somehow?”

Taeyeon sighed as she crossed her arms, “how could I? She was always a friend in my eyes even though she said those things to me. I mean, that one bad thing never replaced the good memories I had with her in my head.”

“Are you always this level headed....wait...what was up with you trashing the room then?”

Taeyeon let out a nervous laugh, “I was mad at myself for being so level headed. Sometimes you can hate yourself more than anyone for things you are unable to control or do.  Maybe that is why.”

“Why do we sound so alike...” Jessica said in an inaudible whisper.

Taeyeon turned to Jessica, “did you say something?”

Jessica stood up and turned to the station again, “nothing. So when are these things done baking?”

“In a few minutes we can take them out and let them cool.”

“This baking thing is so boring. Too much waiting.”

“But you get to spend some quality time with your favorite therapist!” Taeyeon flashed Jessica a beautiful smile that would make anyone’s heart melt causing Jessica to blush and quickly look away.

“Like anyone would want to spend time with you...” Jessica then busied herself with one of the measuring cups.

Taeyeon puffed her cheeks in annoyance, “you are no fun...”

After a while, the cupcakes were ready for icing. Taeyeon was to ice 6 while Jessica was to ice the other 6. Taeyeon finished first and looked at her perfectly iced cupcakes before looking at what Jessica did. “What is that?”

Jessica looked up at Taeyeon, “what is wrong? They look perfect!”

Taeyeon examined the cupcakes with the icing on unevenly while Jessica had some of the frosting on her face, “were you frosting cupcakes or your face?”

Jessica took out her phone and quickly looked at her face before rubbing off the icing in embarrassment. Taeyeon laughed at Jessica before taking some frosting and putting it on her face again, “Yah!”

Taeyeon let out a hearty laugh before Jessica retaliated by wiping frosting on her face, “Hey! You two in the back, keep it down and don’t make a mess!”

Taeyeon and Jessica stopped their antics when the teacher and now the whole class was eyeing them out. “Jessica?”

Jessica froze when she heard her name said. Jessica was mentally cursing herself now for making a scene with Taeyeon causing the girl to catch her in this class. “Hey Hara...”

The girl smiled, “I didn’t know you were taking this class? How is it going?”

Jessica suddenly became shy, “Ah well...you know...how is university for you?”

“Great. I got a great scholarship and am still top in the class.” Anger started to boil inside Jessica again as the girl started talking about her accomplishments since high school. Jessica didn’t want to hear the girl doing well. It was like karma didn’t exist that made Jessica feel betrayed even more. “Ah who is your friend?”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon who was now approaching the two, “I am sorry I didn’t introduce myself. I am Taeyeon, Jessica’s girlfriend.” Jessica’s eyes widened when she heard Taeyeon introduce herself as her girlfriend!?

 

 

 


Author's Note:

So the Taengsic relationship is progressing?? Also Jessica opens up a bit more. Thanks for commenting and continue to give me your thoughts. Also had some new subscibers since I was gone. Also, thanks for upvoting! All those things let me know you like this fanfiction.

Good news is your author is back! I had a good break and came back with many goodies for my readers. So I made two one-shots: A Dream Come True and It Is My Eyes Watching You. Also, I was very nice and added an epilogue to Hot n Cold, one of my multi-shots. They are all short so you can check those out when you have time.