...Something New

My Disorder is You

 

Eyes were staring at the beautiful girl not in the white dress but beside her in the light pink satin dress. Her golden brown hair covered her right shoulder as her hair was curled and pushed to the one side. Not to mention it made her white skin visible as if the girl observing her wanted to use her lips to cascade down the soft flesh, “And you may kiss the bride.” Jessica woke from her thoughts and turned her attention away from Taeyeon to watch the newlyweds share their kiss. Everyone in the reception hall stood up and clapped happily for the couple but Jessica was not only smiling because of that, but because Taeyeon looked so happy for her best friend getting married. It was such a beautiful smile with her teeth glowing while her wide smile pushed her cheeks up.

Jessica continued to smile as she saw the wedding party go back down the aisle and her smile grew even wider when she saw eyes on hers. It was like they could read each other’s minds with just that loving look. Eyes were now always on one another but it was starting to blind them from other eyes that may be watching...

Seeing others taking their belongings and starting to follow the wedding party out, Jessica grabbed her purse and started to make her way out also. She really didn’t know anyone here so she was going to be alone until Taeyeon was able to join her again. It was lonely being here only for the bride and someone from the wedding party, but Jessica knew Taeyeon needed her. Parties were not Taeyeon’s ideal situation so having Jessica around was like a safety net. Someone she could rely on and make sure she would not feel suffocated in a world that wanted to choke her out.

Jessica looked at the wedding invitation again and then looked down at her watch, “Humm 2 hours until the reception...that means Taeyeon will be busy with pictures or something during that time.” She gave out a long sigh, “What to do for 2 hours?”

“I see you are alone too?”

Jessica looked at the girl that appeared in front of her. The girl was smaller than her and looked cute like a bunny...very harmless, “Ah yea. I came with someone from the wedding party.”

“Bride or groom?”

“Bride. I also know the bride...not so much the groom.”

“Oh? Looks like we are in similar situations. Everyone I know is in the bridal party so I am alone till the reception.”

“Really? I thought I would be the only one that didn’t know anyone here.”

The girl in front of Jessica giggled, “Nope. I am Sunny by the way.”

Jessica looked at the girl curiously, “Humm your name sounds familiar...”

“Oh? Maybe I know who you came with then?”

“Ah my name is Jessica and I came with Taeyeon. She is the maid-of-honor. The really short one next to the bride.”

Sunny giggled at the description, “I know her well. We went to high school together. Her, Sooyoung and Tiffany. I am not sure if you know Tiffany but she was also in the wedding party next to your friend. Tiffany is the one I came with and well for Sooyoung...”

Jessica cringed when she heard that name, Tiffany. Just the name made her bubble with anger but it made Jessica question why this other girl who looked very harmless was friends with that heartless monster. “Ah I see. So you know Taeyeon?” Jessica wanted to change the topic to her beloved since that other name made her just get angry. Also she was a bit curious to know more about the high school version of Taeyeon...the person she was before that monster tore her apart.

“Of course I know Taeyeon. We were good friends...well until something happened but recently we are on good terms again. How do you know Taeyeon?”

“Oh she was my coun...coun....I have seen her countless of times at Sooyoung’s house. I live next to Sooyoung and that is how Taeyeon and I got close.” Jessica was not sure why she lied like that but saying ‘I came here with my ex-counselor and now lover’ didn’t feel appropriate. Why was she so ashamed of her relationship with Taeyeon? It wasn’t like she was sinning with dating someone older or past counselor...or was it that she was ashamed that she had to get counseling? Or was the lie to subconsciously protect Taeyeon? What if Taeyeon was ashamed in being seduced by a mere child? She is respected by others...could Jessica ruin that respect with such knowledge being exposed?

“Oh you live next to Sooyoung?”

“Yea. My family does.”

Sunny looked at the girl in front of her with new eyes. Knowing Sooyoung’s family was rich, that meant this girl’s family also has a huge sum of money, “So did you want to go do something while we wait? I looks like the place has emptied out already.”

Jessica looked around and saw most of the guests leave the building, “Humm yea...maybe we should but I am not familiar with this area.”

Sunny gave a sly smile, “I used to live around here. I know a good place.”

Jessica smiled as it seems she made a new friend, “Okay. Lets go.”

 

---------------------

 

Taeyeon shifted around her chair uncomfortably as she waited for the pictures to finish up. Most of the standing ones were done already but now that the wedding was over, most of the ones required her to sit down. Sooyoung looked over at her friend, “Tae it is almost over. Just wait a bit.” Taeyeon looked up at her friend and smiled.

“Okay last one!” With one more fake smile, Taeyeon stood up in relief that the photos were done.

Taeyeon got up and moved to the side of the room while watching the other members of the wedding party converse and catch up with each other but Taeyeon didn’t know any of the members on the male end. The only people in this room that she knew was her mortal enemy and the ever so popular bride. So no one to talk to while she waited...

To occupy her time, Taeyeon started to think of Jessica. She saw the girl during the wedding and every time she caught the younger girl looking at her, a blush adorned her cheeks. She was even starting to think that these formal events were not so bad if she got to see Jessica dress so elegant every time they went to one. “So who was the girl in the elevator?”

Taeyeon almost had a heart attack hearing the voice of someone she really didn’t want to talk to nor expect to talk to her, “Jessica. Her name is Jessica.”

“Why’d you bring her? She is your plus-one right?”

Taeyeon was feeling nervous all of a sudden and didn’t even dare to look the way of the other person, “Well yes and no. We came together but she was invited by Sooyoung.”

“Humm but you still didn’t answer me. How do you know her?”

Taeyeon wanted the questioning to stop so she finally faced the girl, “Why so curious Tiffany?”
Tiffany had her arms crossed as she leaned against the wall, “Just want to know some more about you. It has been quite a long time since we caught up with each other and such.”

Taeyeon looked at her questionably, “we saw each other at the engagement party and with Sunny.”

“I know but that was a while ago. It seems like you have a lot more to talk about since those times.”

“I don’t want to go into my personal life with my employees.” Taeyeon smirked thinking the employer-employee card would work.

“Ouch. So we are really on terms like that now?”

“You know. I don’t want you working for me. I don’t know what you said to Sooyoung to make her hire you but don’t you dare think that you will get my friendship back.” Taeyeon mentally patted herself on the back for that sudden boldness. Maybe some of Jessica’s confidence finally rubbed off on her?

Tiffany pushed off the wall and sighed, “I did nothing special. I asked for a favor since I had to leave my previous job. I needed an income. That is all.”

Taeyeon didn’t believe a word that came out of but she had to believe in Sooyoung at the very least. Sooyoung would do something like help a friend out if in need so this theory looked plausible.

Seeing most of the people heading out of the waiting room, “It looks like we need to go to the reception now boss.”

Taeyeon felt a little sting on her heart for hearing the girl call her boss at something so casual like this but she also thought ‘this is for the best.’ She knew anything more than a relationship like this would be dangerous and Taeyeon didn’t want to do anything that would risk the life she had now. She liked how things were going in her life. A life without Tiffany was wonderful.

With the music pumping, the guests greeted the wedding party as they came waltzing in and grooving to the beat...well Taeyeon tried to at least. Taking their respective seats near the bride and groom, Taeyeon searched for the one lonely girl that should be out there but her search was cut short with the microphone blaring next to her by Sooyoung, “Thank you all for coming we have...” The speech was more informative about the food but ended with the clanking of glasses causing the bride and groom to kiss. Taeyeon smiled seeing her friend so happy next to her. She knew that man would take care of her well and she was very happy that Sooyoung’s life was moving forward beautifully.

That reminded Taeyeon, where is the beauty that belonged to her? Still searching, she couldn’t find the girl, “Maybe she is in the bathroom...?” Taeyeon mumbled to herself until the food arrived in front of her. She ate half-heartedly as she still didn’t see Jessica in the sea of guests. It was suspicious but at the same time, Taeyeon was helpless. She had a job as the maid-of-honor so she couldn’t leave Sooyoung’s side and there were lots of people out there. By no means, was this a small wedding.

“Next the maid-of-honor, Kim Taeyeon would like to say some words.”

Taeyeon broke from her thoughts as she was queued to make her speech. The microphone was pushed into her hands and she stood up facing the eyes that looked back at her, “Ah umm...Thank you for coming again...well I should talk about Sooyoung...” Taeyeon carefully took the paper that the groom handed to her since she gave him her speech earlier to hang onto since this dress didn’t have pockets. She unfolded the paper and started to look at the notes she took, “Sooyoung...as many of you know, she is one of the brightest girls I have ever met. Well that is how she is now. When we first met, we got off on the wrong foot, but you know, the unlikeliest of friends can become the one person you will always want by your side. During our first meeting as children, I met a guarded and fragile Sooyoung but what made us friends was the fact that we had that common fragility. It was when I was having some personal problems with my family that Sooyoung showed me her true colors. She saw that my carefree demeanor was only covering the depression in my life with the fact that my family was broken. Yet Sooyoung was there. She was the one person I sought comfort in during that time and she showed me that there were people that could actually be an angel on earth. The most understanding and kindest person I ever met is sitting right next to me and I can’t even express how grateful I am she found me. It tears me apart knowing that this man will take her away from me but at the same time, I am glad he is the one to take away my angel. He found a gift that God created and I am glad he chose to keep it because my friend Sooyoung loves this man with all her heart. I am glad these two loving hearts are now joined in marriage because I think Sooyoung is ready to take off her wings. She is ready to stay here with this man and live a happy life. Sooyoung, I will always love you and I hope you live a life full of new beginnings that will always have that happy ending.”

Sooyoung was in tears after the speech; she stood up immediately and hugged Taeyeon with all her might, “I love you too. I hope you get your happy ending too.” The crowd cheered and clapped after the touching speech. Taeyeon sat back down and looked at Sooyoung hold her husband’s hand causing her to smile.

Taeyeon looked towards the crowd again and mumbled, “I want my happy ending...but I can’t find her...” Taeyeon was still looking for Jessica but...the girl was still missing.

 

 


Author's Note

Well hello readers! You know your author is very happy...why? Because I have so many subscribers! Also this story is nearing 100 upvotes! I might get a little hot-headed after all this fame hehe.

Yet, your author is so thankful that she just keeps writing taengsic for you! I wrote a one-shot: You Are Perfect and I am starting another story (yes yes I have 3 ongoing taengsic stories right now and am adding a 4th...very crazy/stupid author) but I am doing something more risky by making it rated M with a center on drug usage....I will warn you that it isn't fluffy like my one-shots but you can check it out for yourself: My Drug.

Please comment below! Taeyoen is looking for Jessica, so please help Taeyeon find her!!!