Trust is Fickle

My Disorder is You

The butler opened the door as it was a friend of Sooyoung’s who came to visit, but the girl had no intention of greeting anyone as her eyes were filled with anger looking for her prey. Spotting Sooyoung, the girl lunged at her, “YOU !” Having no time to react, the shorter girl pinned her down and started strangling Sooyoung, “I should have never trusted you!”

Kyung Ho saw the shorter girl strangling his wife so he went up and pulled the girl off while the short girl continued to struggle as Sooyoung coughed once she was able to breathe again, “Hey calm down.”

The short girl was still infuriated as she continued to yell, “It is because of you! It is because of you that she is in a coma!”

Kyung Ho looked over to Sooyoung surprised, “Don’t tell me you did this?”

 

 

~1 Month Ago~

 

Taeyeon opened the door to her apartment but stopped suddenly looking at the carpet where she placed her shoes. It wasn’t straight. She bent down and made sure the carpet had a perfect alignment again, “Was I in a rush this morning?”

She continued to make her way into the house but stopped again and looked at the cushion on her couch. Taeyeon put down her briefcase near the couch as she went to fix the cushion, “So weird. I remember everything looking good before I left this morning.” Still thinking nothing of it, Taeyeon picked up her briefcase and went to her bedroom to dress down and prepare for the night. She went to take a shower but stopped again when there was a speck of dirt on the tile in her shower, “I think I am going crazy. Am I seeing dirt now?”

With her clean tendencies kicking in, Taeyeon decided a shower could come later as she went full force cleaning her home. She didn’t take rest until every inch of her house was scrubbed clean. So tired that she almost didn’t hear her computer ringing.

“You are awake!”

Taeyeon looked at her computer tiredly, “Hey...”

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, “Hey? That is how we are greeting each other now?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No. Just tired. Sorry.”

“I can see. Everything okay?”
With pleading eyes, Taeyeon looked into the screen, “I need you badly.”

A sly grin appeared, “Need me? I didn’t know you had those kinds of thoughts.”

Suddenly waking up from shock, “No! Not that!” Taeyeon’s face turned red, “I mean, I think I am getting worse. I started to see dirt.”

Jessica leaned back in her chair, “That is good.”

“Good?! How can that be good?”

“Tae we have been trying to get you to be okay with not cleaning and making things look perfect. If things aren’t perfectly clean and nice, that means you are recovering. It is okay.”

“Well I panicked and cleaned the house. That is why I am tired.”

“Ah I see. That isn’t good.” Jessica leaned forward again, “It will get better but you shouldn’t always give in to those urges. Maybe find a hobby? Every time you think you should clean, do that hobby instead.”

“There is nothing I am interested in.”

Jessica sighed, “Stop being stubborn. Just pick something. You will learn to like it.”

Wanting to change the topic, “How was the first month of school?”

“Don’t think changing the topic will make me forget Ms. Kim! I expect to see your new hobby when we talk next. And school is great. Have several friends already and teachers seem to be cool and all.”

Taeyeon laughed, “That is good. Any subject you like best?”

Jessica thought, “Oh. I have this business class and the teacher is cool. He is Korean so his English kind of but the class is actually neat since he talks about things he experienced while building up a business.”

Taeyeon nodded occasionally as Jessica ranted about her teacher, “I see. So are you going to major in business because of this guy?”

Jessica huffed, “Not sure. I kind of want to see what Sooyoung does daily. Maybe that would make me understand what I want to do better.”

Taeyeon nodded, “When you return in May, then you can see. Sooyoung would happily take you under her wing.”

Jessica smiled, “But I also like helping people. Kind of like what your job lets you do...I am not sure.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I feel like we had this conversation before. You will figure it out. Don’t worry too much about it. Just enjoy your time there.”

Jessica smiled brightly, “I will. Oh...I can’t call you as often for a while.”

“Oh?”

Jessica rubbed her neck, “You see...I joined some clubs and there are some activities that will make me busy in the morning. I will call when I can but maybe not all the time like we are used to.”

Taeyeon smiled, “No! That is good! I mean bad for me because I like seeing you but good that you can do things like that.”

Jessica let out the breath she was holding in, “Great! So what is going on with you?”

Taeyeon lowered her eyes a bit, “I wasn’t sure if I should tell you...Can you not get mad and rant? I already know how you feel about this.”

Jessica leaned on the desk, “Why do I have a feeling this conversation has the word ‘Tiffany’ in it?”

“Sooyeon...” Taeyeon pleaded.

Jessica just waved her hand, “Fine. I will do my best.”

Taeyeon nodded as she figured that would be all that Jessica could promise, “Tiffany and I decided to try being friends again.”

“And you think this is a good idea why?”

“She isn’t as bad as I thought. She seems to be doing good. I met her husband and he is nice. Sunny and Sooyoung also said I should give her a chance too and you know how much I trust both of them. Nothing has happened to make me think otherwise too. She is normal...just a normal friend.” Taeyeon looked into Jessica’s eyes trying to read the girl but Jessica’s face remained blank.

“Fine.”

“Fine?”

Jessica sighed, “What do you want me to say? You are an adult. I won’t choose your friends for you and you already know my opinion of her.”

“Can you give her a chance?”

“Tae...I can’t be friends with all the people you are around. I like Sooyoung and Sunny but I am sorry...Tiffany will never be one of your friends that I like.”

Taeyeon started to busy herself with a pen she found on the desk, “I understand, but maybe when you two see each other again...things can be different.”

“We will see. I don’t think me liking her will be an overnight thing.”

Taeyeon nodded but her phone started ringing, “It is Sooyoung. Hold on a minute.”

Jessica nodded as she saw Taeyeon stand up and take the call. She could make out a few words but still wasn’t sure what the call was about until Taeyeon returned, “you look happy.”

Taeyeon was smiling, “Sooyoung says she is going on a trip to America. Anything you want from Korea?”

“You.”

Taeyeon smiled wider, “I will try fitting into her suitcase then.”

“You would fit,” Jessica laughed.

“Yah! I am serious. Any food or something like that? Sooyoung will bring it to you for me.”

“I will think about it. I should go and prepare for class.”

Taeyeon gave a fake pout, “Okay...”

Jessica smiled, “I will talk to you later so stop pouting. Love you.”

Taeyeon pretended to kiss the screen, “Love you too Sooyeon. Stay out of trouble today.”

Jessica blew a kiss, “Like always.”

Taeyeon ended the call before leaning back in her chair, “Sooyoung is so lucky to be going to America.”

 

 

~Present~

 

Kyung Ho looked over to Sooyoung surprised, “Don’t tell me you did this?”

Sooyoung ignored Kyung Ho and stood up to face the shorter girl with anger also b her eyes, “I told you to watch her! How is it my fault?”

Kyung Ho let go of the short girl as she had calmed down enough to only do an eye staring contest with Sooyoung, “I told you that we should keep Tiffany away from Tae, but you said it would be fine...that Tae could handle her. How can you expect Tae to do anything when she is in a coma right now!?”

Sooyoung sighed, “First off, you need to go see Tiffany. I will take care of everything at the hospital for now.” The short girl didn’t look like she would move so Sooyoung walked up to her, “Sunny...don’t worry. It will be fine. Just don’t tell Jessica okay?”

Sunny rubbed her temple, “There is no way we can keep this a secret from Jessica. They talk every day.”

Sooyoung looked at Sunny questionably, “How would you know that?”

“Tiffany. She made me set up a camera in Tae’s apartment a while back. I swear Tiffany has gotten worse...worse than when we were in high school and it was with me.”

“Yes but Tiffany stopped. We can make her stop again. I can handle Jessica for now.”

Sunny gave a sigh, “The only reason Tiffany stopped was because I became out of reach. Why do you think I took a job that makes me travel so much? It was so she couldn’t find me.” Practically begging, “I am telling you. Send Tae to America to be with Jessica. She can’t be here.”

Sooyoung looked Sunny in the eyes, “No. Not right now. Not when we can still fix it.”

Tears went down Sunny’s face, “Till when? When Tae’s dead? No...” Sunny started shaking her head, “No...I can’t do that. I could never live with myself if it got to that point.”

Sooyoung embraced Sunny, “It will be fine. Tae and Tiffany have us both. We can make sure nothing happens to both of them.”

Sunny continued to cry into Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

------------------------

 

Sooyoung was outside of Taeyeon’s door when she heard a voice in there, “Tiffany?” She groaned before walking away from the door to call someone, “Sunny? Tiffany is with Tae. Get her out of there. Okay thanks.” Sooyoung looked around the corner to see if Tiffany would leave and after a few minutes, Tiffany exited Taeyeon’s room. With Tiffany out of sight, Sooyoung ran into the room to check on Taeyeon. She looked the comatose girl over and over again but didn’t see anything unusual so she let out a sigh, “This wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t leave for America.”

Taking a seat next to Taeyeon, Sooyoung looked at her friend worried, “You have to be okay. I promised Jessica that you would be okay here. You can’t let us all down okay?”

 

 

~Earlier that Day~

 

A knock came on Taeyeon’s office door, “Come in.”

Tiffany stood there before Taeyeon motioned for her to enter, “I have a favor to ask.”

Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany, “What is it?”

“Well you see...Sooyoung is coming back from America this morning. Sunny and Kyung Ho are busy so she asked me to pick her up, but Nichkhun called and I have to do a family related thing. Can you pick her up for me?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with pleading eyes.

Taeyeon smiled, “Of course. I needed to meet Sooyoung anyways. What time does she come in?”

Tiffany smiled, “She is arriving at 7:45pm.”

“Okay I got it. Not a big favor really.”

“You are a great friend Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon nodded before going back to doing her work.

 

--------------------------

 

Sooyoung looked at her watch, “Where is that boy? It is already 7pm...”

Kyung Ho came up from behind Sooyoung giving her a back hug, “Who is this beautiful woman I found?”

Sooyoung smiled before spinning around and hugging her husband, “So mean for making me wait.”

Kyung Ho cupped Sooyoung’s face before giving her a loving kiss, “It was only 10 minutes.”

Sooyoung stopped pouting while Kyung Ho took her suitcase, “I have to get my car from the office so I need you to drop me off there first. I will come home right after.”

Kyung Ho nodded his head, “Okay hun.”

 

----------------------------

 

Sooyoung got her car from the office and was driving home but got stuck in a ton of traffic, “There wasn’t this much traffic on the way here.” She hummed the tunes on the radio as she waited to pass through the traffic jam. A smiled appeared on her face as the traffic cleared enough for her to go faster. She noticed a car totaled on the side of the road, “Ah an accident. I hope everyone is okay.”

Now that there wasn’t much traffic, Sooyoung got home with ease. There she saw her husband standing in front of the TV, “Babe did you see this?”

Sooyoung put down her purse, “What is it.”

Kyung Ho turned up the volume, “After a serious accident...one driver died while other is in serious condition...”

Sooyoung looked at the car carefully, “Babe do you recognize that car.”

Kyung Ho, “Doesn’t Taeyeon have one like that.”

Just then their doorbell rang. Both Kyung Ho and Sooyoung watched as the butler went to answer it. That was when they both knew what really happened that day.

 

 


Author's Note

*Goes into hiding from angry readers*

Please leave comments!