My Perfect Day

My Disorder is You

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

“Perfect.”

She slid the iron off her shirt while inspecting the areas that had creases before. A smile crept on her face when she saw her navy blue shirt without a wrinkle. Carefully she slipped off her bathrobe and hung it carefully on her hanger before dressing herself. She went to the bathroom and checked in the mirror to make sure no hair was out of place before heading out the door.

It was any other day for Kim Taeyeon. Everything had to be in order and everything needed to be perfect before heading out the door for work. You could call it a disorder but for Taeyeon it was a way of life.

“Morning Ms. Kim.”

Taeyeon walked into the office at 9:00 sharp while greeting her secretary, “Morning Ms. Choi. Any new appointments from the answering machine?”

“Ah yes. I added a consultation at 3:45pm.”

Taeyeon looked at the note that was handed to her, “19 year old Jung Sooyeon for disorderly conduct at school.” Taeyeon looked up at her secretary, “A delinquent? I don’t remember schools calling me for stuff like this.”

“Actually it was me who recommended you...”

“Oh? You have relations with this girl?”

“I know her parents well. There is something wrong, Sooyeon was a good kid but this past year she has been acting recklessly. I hope you don’t mind since her parents asked me this favor.”

Taeyeon showed her dimpled smile, “What are friends for?”

“Your first appointment is at 9:30 so I will send them in at that time.”

“I will just go to my office then.” Taeyeon made her way into her office after inserting her key. Her office was a personal sanctuary for herself where she had control over who enters and who exits. This power gave her the security she needed when the pressure built up in her chest that leads to her anxiety. The office was plain with her desk in the corner leaving space for her chair that faced a coffee table and couch for her patients. Of course she had several bookshelves and drawers full of patient’s files but that was it. Simplicity was all that was needed to prevent anything from getting too cluttered. On the walls, you could see that she was a certified therapist specializing in mental disorders. Most were surprised to know that someone as young as herself already had all of her certifications to be a therapist, but her reputation was staggering in that many patients had a full recovery after her sessions.

She carefully took off her jacket and placed in on the hanger next to her desk. Her hands glided over the fabric making sure there would be no creases. She set her notebook in the center, two pens on her right and her schedule book on her left. Nothing was out of place when she finally took a seat. Her hands slid over her body making sure her clothes were in perfect order before taking out the file of her first patient for the day.

Like most of her days, Taeyeon had a day full of appointments. Most of her patients needed daily visits but Taeyeon liked days like these the most. Seeing the same people day in and day out was a therapy in itself. Always knowing who will come in, listening to similar stories, and seeing the same faces gave her regularity throughout the week.

“Lunch...” Taeyeon spoke to herself as she read her schedule. She never bothered to leave her office to ask if Sooyoung, her secretary, wanted to go out and eat together even if she was her only friend. No, she wouldn’t leave this room. It was a safe place where she didn’t have to worry about something being out of place or if her skirt would wrinkle when she sat down again. Her office was a good place to be until she had to go home.

She reached over and took out a bag that contained the same lunch she ate for the past 4 years. It was always a simple sandwich with her favorite fruit. A lunch like this may seem small but it always filled her enough and allowed her to only need a 10 minute break before seeing patients again.

After her last patient left, Taeyeon went back to her chair at her desk and sighed. The previous patient had a split personality disorder so it was hard keeping up with some of the various personalities he would show her. Never once did he get violent with her but he always mentally exhausted her. She closed her eyes for a bit until her intercom beeped. “Ms. Kim, your 3:45 appointment is here.”

Taeyeon’s eyes shot open. She forgot she had another appointment. How could she forget to put it into her book? Flustered, she quickly put her other patient’s file away while trying to organize her papers. When she calmed herself down, she finally spoke through the intercom, “Ms. Choi please send them in.”

Taeyeon saw her door fling open which startled her when it slammed echoing the loud noise throughout her office. There was a girl with heavy eye makeup and blond hair. Her clothes were ostentatious but not in a way that made her look ty more like she didn’t give a crap about what people thought. Taeyeon didn’t know what to do when she met the girl’s icy cold stare but she mustered a smile while ushering the girl to take a seat on the couch.

The girl’s actions didn’t surprise her when the girl made herself at home by putting her feet up on the coffee table. Of course the girl’s sloppy actions irked Taeyeon but she had to suppress all these feelings for just 30 minutes. “You must be Jung Sooyeon.”

The girl started chewing her gum with open, “I go by Jessica. I don’t like that other name.”

Taeyeon sat in her chair leaning slightly towards Jessica, “Lets start off slow, I am Dr. Kim...”

Jessica interrupted her, “I really couldn’t give a who you are. I am just here to waste time until my mom thinks I am fixed.”

Taeyeon finally leaned back in her chair trying to examine Jessica’s physical actions, “I see. Well I will be here the whole time you waste your time. I can be someone you talk to so the time goes by faster.”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon finally and raised an eyebrow, “Listen here doc. I ain’t talking to you at all. So you just sit there while I do my own thing over here.”

Taeyeon knew this girl would be a hard case. She could do nothing but comply with the girl’s wishes because forcing the girl to talk would only make her retreat faster. “If you want it that way, I will go back to my desk while you just wait out your time here.” Taeyeon got out of her chair and made her way to her desk. She saw the girl watching her as she made every step which made her smile to herself. The girl did have some interest in her actions so she knew it was just a matter of time before Jessica would give in and talk to her.

Thirty minutes passed and Taeyeon told Jessica she was free to leave. Taeyeon and Jessica did not talk the whole session but Taeyeon learned a lot from her first session. While Jessica was spending her time on her phone texting random people, Taeyeon was busy observing all of Jessica’s actions. She could see that Jessica was putting on a show for most of the time she was in the office by some of her subtle behaviors. Taeyeon also noticed the girl had a really cute and girly laugh which didn’t suit her “bad girl” image at all. Although the girl was very rude to Taeyeon, Taeyeon found this girl to be a very amusing case.

The day ended and Taeyeon gave herself a few deep breaths before opening the door of her office. She quickly turned around and locked the door before smiling and waving goodbye to her secretary. Taeyeon always drove to and from work in silence. The music she heard was obnoxious or the comments from the radio hosts made her angry that they would talk about useless things. Silence was better.

After 15 minutes, Taeyeon entered her garage attached to her apartment complex. Upon entering her home, Taeyeon carefully aligned her shoes before hanging her keys on the hook next to the entrance. Afraid of lounging in her clothes would leave markings, she quickly went to the bathroom for a shower and to change into a fresh set of clothes. This was it. This was how Taeyeon spent her days. It was a life of certainty. 

 


Author's Note

Wow you readers are amazing. I just made the forward and had 13 subscribers and 3 upvotes from toottootimhyorin, and ayoGGnix

Also, love that my loyal commenters are back!!! Tell me what yout think! Only the first chapter but let me know how you like it ^^