How Far We Have Come

My Disorder is You

“Wow she told you everything?”

“Ah yea…everything.”

“She must trust you.”

“I mean I am her counselor.”

“But still Tae, I mean think of how she was when she first came into our office.”

Taeyeon readjusted herself to be more comfortable in the chair, “How can I forget! She was so rude.”

Sooyoung laughed at her friend, “She was pretty icy wasn’t she? What are your plans now? You only have a few weeks before her graduation. She is graduating this time right?”

Taeyeon flipped through her papers, “I didn’t notice that our time was almost up already. In a few weeks we won’t see each other anymore I guess.”

“Are you going to miss her?”

“She isn’t going that far. She got into my alma mater.”

“What the?! How did she get in there with her being held back?”

“She is smart.”

“But still! That school is insanely hard to get into.”

“I may have helped a little…”

“Tae…what did you do?”

“I asked for a small favor. No biggie.”

“Seriously Tae, what has Jessica done to you?”

“What do you mean? I am always this nice!”

“What was the favor you offered the school? They had something on you didn’t they?”

“I have to teach one course.”

“Taeyeon that is too much for you even.”

“Not a problem. Only one at night. After my normal work.”

“Are you sure there isn’t something more going on with Jessica? I mean this is too much of a favor even for you.”

“Nope nothing.” Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a look of disbelief, “Really Soo! It is a good chance for me to get out some. A change of pace.”

“You don’t do changes these days.”

“Well Jessica deserves a second chance at life. She is so much more than what she showed us in the beginning.”

“Tae…right now I think you have something else planned. I am not sure what it is but I will find out soon.”

“You think too much. Focus on that wedding!”

“Yea well you focus on your other patients! Jessica isn’t your only one.”

“I do all my work professionally. Don’t you worry!”

Sooyoung walked out the door, “You are starting to make me worried more than normal.”

Taeyeon watched Sooyoung leave, “Am I doing too much these days? No no…I am just helping a little. No problems. But two weeks? I feel we just started and she will be done with our sessions in 2 weeks.”

 

 

“Who are you trying to impress now?”

The girl flattened out the dress and turned around while looking in the mirror, “What do you mean impress? This dress is nice.”

“This is way too girly even for you? What happened to my friend?! Ever since you got that acceptance letter to that fancy school you have been acting strange!”

“Yuri calm down. Nothing has changed.”

“Yea! You look like an actually girl! Not that amazing badass that I know and love.”

Jessica sighed, “You sound as if you didn’t know me before last year.”

“I did and it looks like I am losing you to your old self! This is depressing.”

Jessica stomped off the pedestal to go back into the changing room, “If you don’t like it then leave!” Jessica walked out of the room after changing with the dress in hand only to see Yuri still standing there, “I told you to leave!”

Yuri looked down, “I don’t want to. You are still my friend.”

Jessica patted Yuri on the back, “Are you afraid of us fading when I go to college? Or me ignoring you?”

“Yea…I mean your school is so much better than mine.”

The two walked up to the register to pay for the dress, “Don’t worry too much. We are still in the same city even if at different universities. I mean we can still go out and cause some trouble every now and then.”

Yuri flashed a bright smile, “So you won’t abandon your ways?”

“How could I when you showed me how fun life could be when we don’t always care so much about the opinions of others. Only you taught me that.”

“Hehe. I am glad I had some sort of impression on you.”

“Of course!”

The two walked around the mall a little bit more before deciding to get some food before leaving, “What about…ah you know…”

“Ah her.” Jessica looked down sorrowfully, “She is going abroad. I mean she is smart and all.”

“Why didn’t you follow her? I mean you could have gone abroad and started over. I know you both wanted that for a long time.”

Jessica took a sip of her drink, “Wanted. Things change.”

“Did she not want you to go?”

“She asked me to go but I refused.”

Yuri slammed her hands on the table, “You refused!? Why? I thought you would in a heartbeat!”

“I don’t know. It just didn’t feel right. I want to stay here.” Jessica raised her eyebrow, “Wait, shouldn’t you be happy that I decided to stay and not follow her?”

“Well I am but I doubt I am the reason for you staying and not following your ex.”

“Ah don’t think too hard about it. No reason in particular. I just want to stay here. That is all. I mean if she and I were meant to be together, then all that wouldn’t have happened to us in the first place. I don’t think we were supposed to be together. I mean the whole world seemed to abandon our love.”

“Ah don’t think that way. You just had some crazy after you.”

Jessica laughed, “Whatever it was. I think we will be happier going our separate ways. I want her to be happy.”

“I hope you can be happy too Jess.”

Jessica smiled, “I am…right now I am.”

 

 

Taeyeon looked at Jessica, “So what did you want to talk about today.”

Jessica looked down and played with her fingers, “Does this have to be our last session?”

“I am afraid so. Your parents decided on that.”

“Can’t I pay you? I don’t think I am fixed yet.”

Taeyeon laughed, “If I remember right, the first time you came in here you wanted these sessions to stop right as they started. Why the sudden change in heart?”

“I don’t know. I just feel like we started getting somewhere.”

Taeyeon leaned forward, “Do you remember why we started the sessions?”

“My parents and school recommended it.”

“Why did they recommend it?”

“Because I was acting out?”

“Yes and they suspected you of having anger issues. I was told to help you with that. If you think now, how have you being acting in school?”

“I haven’t been in fights and got into university.”

“Exactly. That is why our sessions have to stop.”

“But I have other problems! You know that!”

Taeyeon wrote some numbers on a piece of paper, “Here. My cellphone number and time I finish teaching at your university. We can always meet and talk as friends.”

“You mean you will still meet me?”

Taeyeon smiled, “Of course.”

“Why? I mean you wouldn’t be my counselor anymore.”

“Because I want to. I know you are still struggling and I want to still be there for you. Nothing more or less than that.”

“No catch?”

“No catch. I promise.”

“And you will meet if I call?”

“I promise. We made a promise before to help each other. We should stand by our promises.”

Jessica stood up and handed Taeyeon an envelope, “I want you there.”

Taeyeon looked at the paper which was an invitation to her graduation, “Are you sure? You should give this to family or something.”

“No. It should be given to people who helped me get to that point. I am positive you should be invited. I hope you can come.”

Taeyeon smiled, “It is a promise.”

 

 

Jessica was standing around the hall nervously, “Are you looking for someone dear?”

Jessica turned to her mom, “Ah kind of. I was hoping someone would come before I entered.”

“Don’t wait out here too long. We will take our seats.” Jessica nodded absent-mindedly while still searching for someone special. Soon a teacher came by telling Jessica to head to the waiting area with the other students. Jessica was about to follow but she heard her name being called.

“Jessica! Wait!”

Jessica turned and smiled when she saw the person she was waiting for. “I thought you would skip out on me.”

“No never. I made a promise.”

Jessica pointed to the box the person was holding, “What is that?”

The woman gave the girl a smile, “I want you to have this.”

“What is it?”

The woman pulled up the sleeve on Jessica’s gown and traced the scar on her arm a bit before taking the corsage out of the box, “It hasn’t disappeared yet but we can make it more beautiful.” Jessica just watched the woman put the small flower corsage on her arm which covered her scar perfectly. The woman then looked up at Jessica who had tears b her eyes, “You look beautiful.”

 

“Jessica Jung.” Jessica walked across the stage and reached out to take her diploma while the corsage slightly showed from under the gown.

Taeyeon smiled seeing Jessica walking across the stage. She watched the girl with thoughts of how much Jessica had changed in half a year. Also looking at Jessica, Taeyeon could see that every mistake could be reversed. Just like the ugly scars Jessica wore, they could be covered allowing us to see something more beautiful in the end.

 

 


Author's Note

Chapter may seemed rushed but I think the story needs a change in pace sicne I ran out of ideas haha. I will work hard to help keep the story going!

Thanks for helping me reach over 300 subscribers! And the 55 upvoters are so nice ^^. Please leave your thoughts :D