Our Little Sacrifices

My Disorder is You

Taeyeon was looking intently at Jessica’s personal file reading the date closely, “It is today huh?”

 

Sooyoung barged into Taeyeon’s office without notice, “Whatcha doing here so early?”

 

Taeyeon quickly closed the folder and pushed it into a drawer while looking up at Sooyoung, “Just some work built up.”

 

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow, “What are you hiding? again?”

 

Taeyeon was flabbergasted, “What?! No!”

 

“Ah don’t be shy. Maybe my little byuntae returned?”

 

“What do you mean? And the incident was my brother’s fault! I didn’t know when I borrowed his book that he would have that in there!”

 

“Humm sure. You keep giving that excuse.”

 

“Because it is true! When was I ever a byuntae anyways?”

 

“Don’t try and hide it. You always were looking at Tiffany’s in high school.”

 

“No I wasn’t!”

 

“Then why were your eyes always so low? Don’t think I wasn’t watching you!”

 

Taeyeon looked down at her hands, “Probably because of my short stature…” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

 

Sooyoung almost fell on the floor laughing, “Even you admit you are short!”

 

“Yah! Don’t make fun of me! Also you!” She pointed at Sooyoung, “Are abnormally tall! I mean I could say the same thing about you looking at my cleavage all the time!”

 

The two’s bickering came to an end when they heard someone enter the office, “Ah sorry if I am interrupting…”

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon blushed from embarrassment due to their highly inappropriate conversation in front of the girl, “Ah no Jessica. I will take my leave since you have an appointment with Ms. Kim.”

 

Jessica just nodded while she watched Sooyoung leave before taking a seat on the familiar couch. Taeyeon quickly made her way over to Jessica,

 

“Umm why are you here early for once?”

 

Jessica ignored the question and laid back on the couch, “Wow you must have been so different in high school.”

 

Taeyeon shifted her papers, “Wh..why do you say that?”

 

“Just from that conversation. I mean you actually sounded fun to be around.”

 

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, “Are you saying now I am not fun?”

 

Jessica sighed before sitting up again, “I am just saying now you are too cautious. You should allow yourself to have more freedom.”

 

“I think you have a little too much freedom.”

 

Jessica snickered before fishing out her phone like usual, “Whatever Ms. OCD.”

 

“What?! I do not have OCD!”

 

Jessica suddenly stood up and went to Taeyeon’s desk and moved her pen to the table separating Taeyeon’s chair and Jessica’s couch. Then Jessica calmly took her seat back down on the couch and watched as Taeyeon was having trouble staying still in her chair. Finally Taeyeon quickly got up and grabbed a tissue to clean off the pen before placing it back into its rightful place.

 

“See. OCD.”

 

Taeyeon sat back in her chair relieved, “No. I just like my pen there.”

 

Jessica sighed in frustration, “OCD.”

 

“Stop saying that! I really don’t have it.”

 

“Then prove me wrong! Let your hair down, let me into your house, let me rearrange your office or touch something without your stupid tissues!”

 

Taeyeon lowered her head in embarrassment, “Are you watching my every move now?”

 

“No. You are just so obvious about it.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes shot up, “Wait. Why is this session about me?”

 

“Because you have problems and I don’t?”

 

“Of course you do. All my patients have a problem or they wouldn’t be here.”

 

“Then explain to me your diagnosis on me. I am curious.”

 

Taeyeon opened up her notebook, “Jessica Jung: Came in with behavioral and anger issues. Mistrust and isolation stemming from abuse….” Taeyeon cut herself off when she started to read the portion that she hadn’t discussed with Jessica before.

 

However, Jessica caught that last part, “Abuse?”

 

“Ah umm…” Taeyeon scratched her head in confusion on how she should ignore this conversation. She wanted Jessica to bring it up first but she let that word slip.

 

“Where did you hear of me suffering abuse?”

 

“Well you know abuse can come in many forms. I mean Hara…she took advantage of you and that can be a form of abuse.” Taeyeon was trying to redirect the conversation and make up something that was remotely believable but she just found herself digging a hole. None of this sounded true.

 

Jessica was about to interject but her phone rang, “Yea. I will be there.” Jessica looked back up at Taeyeon, “Sorry to cut our session short by 10 minutes but my sister left her books at home. I have to pick them up before going to school.”

 

Taeyeon stood up immediately, “Do you need a ride?”

 

Jessica gave Taeyeon an icy glare, “No.” Taeyeon didn’t need to be told twice what those eyes meant. She clearly crossed the line again with Jessica and was once again locked out.

 

After Jessica left, Taeyeon sat in her desk dejected trying to think of ways to make it up to Jessica and to get Jessica to lower her walls again.

 

 

Jessica sat on the rooftop of her school while her fingers slid over a scar on her arm but she immediately lowered the sleeve on her shirt when she heard someone join her on the rooftop, “Happy Birthday Sooyeon!”

 

Jessica smiled when she heard her name being said affectionately, “You know you are the only one alive that isn’t family that I still allow to call me that.”

 

“Probably because we used to date….it sounds weird if I suddenly call you Jessica again.”

 

Jessica smiled when she saw the cupcake the girl was holding, “Did you make it?”

 

“Of course! I do every year on your birthday.”
 

“You don’t have to. Like you said, we aren’t dating anymore.” Jessica sounded disappointed.

 

The girl sat next to Jessica and held her hand, “Doesn’t mean I won’t stop caring for you. I mean we didn’t break up because we hated each other.”

 

Jessica smiled, “I am glad there is one person who doesn’t hate me.”

 

“That isn’t true. People just don’t understand you.”

 

Jessica started playing with the girl’s fingers, “I met Hara a while ago. She is doing well in university it seems.”

 

“I guess karma doesn’t come around.”

 

Jessica closed her eyes and thought about Taeyeon’s story, “Maybe it will for her one day.”

 

“I hope so. She hurt more than just you and me. You should know that better than anyone.”

 

“But I am sure she doesn’t.”

 

The girl started rubbing Jessica’s hand, “How are you doing? I don’t see you around much these days.”

 

Jessica opened her eyes and looked the girl in the eyes, “Were you looking for me?”

 

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss you.”
 

Jessica smiled, “I miss you too.”

 

The bell rang causing the younger girl to look away from Jessica, “Oh. I should go.”

 

The girl was about to get up but Jessica pulled her down into a hug, “I am sorry I hurt you.”

 

The younger girl smiled into the hug, “You never hurt me. The world around us just doesn’t know how to be fair.” Jessica let go of the girl and smiled when the younger girl gave her a kiss on the cheek, “take care of yourself Jessica and happy birthday again.”

 

When the girl left Jessica laid down with many thoughts flooding her head.

 

 

Jessica walked out the school gates rather lazily since she slept most of the day on the rooftop. However a rush of anger came over her when she saw Taeyeon standing next to her car at the gates, “Jessica!” When Jessica heard her name being called she quickly turned and walked the other way, but Taeyeon was persistent, “wait! Let me take you home please!” Jessica just ignored the girl and continued to walking her way but Taeyeon was adamant about getting Jessica’s attention so she pushed the flowers into Jessica’s hands, “Happy birthday!”

 

Jessica stopped and looked at the flowers before turning to a very exhausted Taeyeon, “What are these?”

 

“For your birthday. Please accept them.”

 

Jessica examined the girl carefully and looked down at the dirt on Taeyeon’s hands, “Where did you get these?”

 

“I picked them myself.”
 

“With your hands?”

 

“How else?”

 

Jessica was baffled that Taeyeon would to go as far as touching something dirty like flowers just so she could give it to her on her birthday. Somehow that made this the best birthday gift she received in 20 years she had been alive.

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

I am sorry I took a long break but I am back! I am sure you have so many questions after this chapter since Jessica's story is starting to unravel. I have been also thinking if I should give Jessica's ex-girlfriend a name or not? I am not sure yet. I mean it doesn't affect the storyline if she does or doesn't have a name.

Anyway! Thanks for the supportive messages! Gives me so much encouragement to go on with this story. Also almost have 50 upvotes and 300 subscribers...ah the little things that make me happy ^^

 

Additional news, I have been working hard on making other stories:

Power of Nine : yulsic one-shot

Love Within Heaven's Gates : Taenysic...yes! My first time ever doing taenysic

I'm Not One of Those Crazy Girls : Jeti, I announced this one already but it is still a new story so I will post it again.