Summer Special

My Disorder is You

**Chapter is sometime in the summer before Jessica goes to America**

 

Jessica sat at a bench near her house as she waited for the person who called her to come. It was a nice summer day so she wore a yellow floral dress as the person she was waiting for, liked her in dresses the most, probably because someone as beautiful as Jessica should be wearing things that radiate that beauty.

“Sooyeon!”

Jessica smiled as she heard her name called by the girl walking up to her, “I rarely see you in casual clothes.”

Taeyeon smiled at her girlfriend, “It is because you rarely see me when I have days off of work. Today is just you and I.”

Jessica stood up from the bench as she saw two arms searching for a hug. She melted into Taeyeon’s arms as they held each other in a long embrace, “We need to make more you and I days.”

A cheeky grin appeared on Taeyeon’s face, “We can try until summer is over. I want days like this too.”

Thinking that they had a lot to do today, Jessica released the hug and took Taeyeon’s hand, “Come on. We should try and make the most out of our time today.”

A small pout came from Taeyeon, “But I like just hugging you all day.”

Jessica giggled, “You act like a love-struck teenager sometimes that I forget you are this professional psychiatrist and teacher.”

Taeyeon groaned, “Ah you sound like Sooyoung.”

“So I am right?” Jessica stopped walking and went to dig around in her purse, “Also I brought a present today.”

Taeyeon looked curiously at the object in Jessica’s hand before laughing hysterically, “I am the love-struck teenager? I am not the one that brought Listerine Strips (same as mouthwash).”

Jessica smiled before leaning up and planting a tender kiss on Taeyeon’s lips, “Yet you are not complaining that I brought it.” Jessica smiled victoriously as she pulled a blushing Taeyeon along with her.

The two went hand in hand to a park that was close to the waterfront which was a place Jessica figured Taeyeon wouldn’t have to worry about going OCD over. “So a park? You know that isn’t very original for a date.”

Jessica laughed, “Everything we do together is out of the ordinary since both you and I can never have a normal date. Remember that one time I almost got into a fight with a school rival gang or all the times we had to leave a place because it wasn’t clean enough?”

Taeyeon laughed, “I hope no more fights today.”

“And I picked nature which is mostly germ free for us.” Jessica smiled as she kept her hands securely around Taeyeon’s arm.

Taeyeon breathed in deeply, “Wow the weather is so nice today and it smells like Jasmine.”

Jessica giggled, “Stop sniffing me then.”

Taeyeon turned her head and kissed Jessica on the cheek before whispering, “Never.”

The couple continued chatting until Jessica came to a point in the park that had a great view of the water causing her to stop and let go of Taeyeon, “Here.”

Taeyeon looked at her girlfriend curiously, “Here?”

Jessica nodded excitedly, “Wait here for a minute.”

Taeyeon watched as Jessica disappeared towards a food stand that was distance away before turning back to the water, “Everything around me is so beautiful today, I might go blind.”

Jessica returned with what looked like a picnic basket, “You should stop talking to yourself when alone. I am with you now.”

Taeyeon giggled when she looked at the object in Jessica’s hands, “Food?”

Jessica put down the basket and opened it to take out the cloth, “I am tired of going restaurant to restaurant so I cooked a meal personally for you while my mom supervised.” Taeyeon watched over her girl sweetly as she set up the cloth and food, “Now sit.”

Taeyeon sat down and eyed out the boxes of food, “You really made food for me?”

Jessica nodded happily, “I cheated and asked Sooyoung what are some of your favorite dishes.” She reached over and opened a box, “Here try this first.”

Taeyeon was surprised to see some food ready to enter before blushing, “You are going to feed me?”

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, “I guess not...” So she placed the food in before giving Taeyeon a pair of chopsticks.

“I wasn’t complaining...” Taeyeon mumbled.

Jessica rolled her eyes before putting another piece of gimbap in Taeyeon’s face, “Here. Eat.”

Taeyeon smiled and accepted the food happily, “Mmm I can tell your mom helped.”

Jessica slapped Taeyeon on the leg, “She just supervised because I didn’t know the ingredients.”

Taeyeon laughed before leaning over and giving Jessica a peck on the lips, “Thank you love.” A deep red blush filled Jessica’s face causing Taeyeon to giggle some more, “Such a cute girlfriend I have...”

“Stubborn girlfriend I have...” Jessica said with a bit of hostility causing Taeyeon to pout a bit.

“You might be rubbing off on me some.”

Jessica rolled her eyes back, “That mouth of yours might get you into trouble...mainly with your girlfriend.”

Taeyeon giggled before placing her hands on Jessica’s cheeks, “Aww but I say it all with much much love.”

Jessica slapped the hands away and took out the box with fruit, “Or just don’t say it and tell me something sweet instead.”

Taeyeon laughed before taking the strawberry that Jessica took a bite out of and ate the rest, “Mmm tastes like Sooyeon.” Jessica was about to say something but some lips stopped her and she closed her eyes to saver the taste of Taeyeon and strawberry. “A little sweet and tart...my favorite.”

Jessica cleared before eating some more fruit, “I think this fruit has extra sugar in it today.”

Taeyeon gave a toothy grin, “Tastes the same to me. Always very sweet.” Since both girls don’t eat that much normally, the food was gone pretty quickly and Taeyeon helped Jessica pack the empty boxes and cloth back into the basket. This time, Taeyeon went with Jessica to the food stand to return the basket before resuming their walk in the park. Taeyeon looked over to her girlfriend who was looking around her purse for something.

Taeyeon smiled when she saw what Jessica was looking for, “Taeyeon open your mouth.” Taeyeon opened as she was commanded while Jessica placed the minty mouthwash-strip on her tongue. The listerine strips were making the mint invade all her senses as felt instantly fresh. Jessica did the same before cupping Taeyeon’s face and giving a deep kiss, “Mmmm minty....my favorite taste.”

Taeyeon was red but she was happy and embarrassed, “So affectionate today.”

Jessica giggled, “I do it only to see you flustered. Not everyone can make the cool and composed psychiatrist’s face red like this.” Jessica led Taeyeon down the hill towards the hill before Taeyeon stopped walking, “Tae?”

Taeyeon looked worried as her feet almost touched the sand, “Hummm Sooyeon....the sand.”

Jessica walked towards her girlfriend, “What is wrong with sand Tae?”

Teayeon looked down at her fingers, “Well just think about it. Sand might get into my shoes and sand came from the mixture of what is in the sea and the thousands of dirty feet that walk on this beach every day. Also think of the sand that could come into my house due to the deposits left in my shoes...”

Jessica sighed for not thinking about the beach this way for Taeyeon. She looked around before a shop came into view, “Tae stay here, I will be back.”

Taeyeon saw her girlfriend go into the shop and return with rain boots, “It isn’t raining?”

Jessica leaned down to help untie Taeyeon’s shoes, “These are made of rubber. No water or sand will come in contact with your feet. Also we will put these shoes in that bag so they will be sand-free when you return home.”

Taeyeon smiled happily, “I am sorry for troubling you and I can pay for the boots.”

Jessica helped Taeyeon step into the boots, “Don’t worry about it. I planned the date today so I should cover all the expenses.”

“But I am older and this is my problem...”

Jessica looked Taeyeon in the eyes and said sternly, “You have no problem.” The shoes were packed in the bag before Jessica stood up and faced Taeyeon, “Are you ready to go?”

Taeyeon took Jessica’s hand as they went onto the sandy surface. “Do you like the beach?”

Jessica smiled happily, “I do. The water is calming and the sand is warm. I don’t think you like it much?”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica, “I used to go because of my dad many times to the beach but not since he left.”

Jessica nodded, “I could see that.” The two looked over to some kids that ran past them, “Everyone is happy when they go to the beach but I am sure you have more bitter memories.”

Taeyeon nodded, “Sometimes but I want to keep my past where it belongs.” She looked over at Jessica, “Right now I see a brighter future and it blinds me.”

Jessica got the hint and leaned to give Taeyeon a peck on the lips, “I think my future looks good too.” The two continued walking hand in hand until Jessica went closer to the water and Taeyeon decided to stay back although Jessica said her boots would protect her from the water but Taeyeon said she didn’t want to risk it. No one would have guessed that both girls were adults with their childish bickering and antics while on the beach. Taeyeon would admit later that the boots were her favorite gift from Jessica that year because today was what she considered a perfect date with the one she loved.

 

 


Author's Note:

I dedicate this chapter special to all my readers since you are so supportive for my writing and this story particularly. Although I didn't win on SSF for best fanfic, another taengsic story did! I am sure most of you know Stars in Your Eyes by sparksfly7 which was voted as the winner! Congrats to that author!

Yet I had some amazing readers who voted so thank you rival_as, manzana, DrMrGuitar, JoSkE, cinderella@yoona, blueagle90, sangheili19, cookienom, Elay_doudou, babydinozxc, OliverTwist, GabBlack, NoDoubYou, cimun, krystae, pinkdreamer, dddevina, Da Funk, pretzl, tiiifffyyy, janeycookie, guestUser19, daldrome, and nzone for your votes!