My Perfect Future

My Disorder is You

Taeyeon looked down at the hands she had her fingers laced through as her father’s words echoed in her head, “Love. Give your mind, body, soul, your everything to the things you love.”

“Tae?”

Taeyeon looked up to her girlfriend and smiled, “Sooyeon?”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon curiously, “Yes?”

“You know I love you right?”

Jessica giggled as she could hear Taeyeon’s words laced with insecurities, “Of course and I love you too.”

Taeyeon smiled as she reached down and kissed Jessica’s hands, “I am so happy you are coming back to my side.”

Jessica leaned over and gave Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek, “Good because I don’t plan on leaving again.”

Taeyeon could only smile when she heard that Jessica wanted to stay by her side although she hasn’t told Jessica about what her brother told her before she left her father’s hospital room. What Taeyeon had to do next scared her and for some reason...she was scared to tell Jessica too, but Taeyeon only squeezed Jessica’s hand harder as if to tell her whatever they would go through next, it should be okay.

“Yo love birds, I am so bored!”

Taeyeon cranked her head back to see Sooyoung holding another cocktail, “Yah! Are you planning to get drunk on this flight? I am not dragging your drunk home.”

Jessica giggled at Taeyeon’s use of profanity, “Midget. It is like a 15 hour flight. I will be sober when we arrive.”

Taeyeon wanted to release her grip on Jessica’s hand to strangle the other girl but Jessica held on tight, “Oh my god...you two chill. Can’t we all be happy going back to Korea?”

Taeyeon beamed a smile at Jessica, “I am happy to be going back with you but...” Taeyeon looked back at Sooyoung with a glare, “...not with her. She always drinks on the flight! I told you what she did on the way to America right?!”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Yes I remember. You seemed happy to see me but then all you could do was talk about Sooyoung drunkenly flirting with the flight attendant and how she should act like a married woman.”

“But she is married! Why is she flirting!” Meanwhile, Sooyoung had gotten her hands on another cocktail, “I saw that! I am cutting you off!”

Jessica was trying desperately to keep Taeyeon in her seat as Sooyoung downed another drink, “I know I am married. He knows I am married. Everyone knows I am married so chill! Maybe you should drink to relax.”

Jessica couldn’t decide to be annoyed at the two or start laughing at how Sooyoung could make Taeyeon so angry in such a short amount of time. One thing was for sure, the flight was not boring with the drunk CEO and the angry psychiatrist.

----------------------------

A few days passed since Jessica returned home and Taeyeon was rather clingy. Due certain reasons, Taeyeon hadn’t reopened her clinic and Jessica’s school hadn’t restarted leaving the two to have a lot of time to be together. “Where did you want to go today?”

Jessica was thinking about other things and didn’t hear Taeyeon’s question, “Humm?”

Taeyeon stopped walking to look at Jessica, “Sooyeon...something bothering you?”

Jessica bit her lip a bit before looking back at Taeyeon, “I...ah well there is something.”

Taeyeon gave Jessica a reassuring smile, “You can tell me anything.”

“I found out from Sooyoung that you met Tiffany while I was in America...why didn’t you tell me about that?”

Looking down like she was being punished Taeyeon mumbled, “I didn’t want you to worry.”

“Worry?”

“Yea well I know you don’t like me being around her and all.”

“Of course I don’t.” Taeyeon looked up immediately, “But I know you must have your reasons and I am sure I would have understood. That is if you would have told me.”

“I am sorry...”

Of course Jessica couldn’t be mad at the older girl who looked like a child receiving punishment so she tilted Taeyeon’s head up so she could place a light kiss on her lips, “Don’t do that. I am not angry or anything. I just want to be there for you when you have a hard time or need someone to talk to.”

As Jessica caressed her face, she could feel the cold surface of the ring the other girl wore reminding her of the promises they had as a couple, “I am a disappointment aren’t I? I should be the more mature one in the relationship.”

Jessica chuckled, “It should be that way but I don’t think it was from the start. I am always taking care of you.”

“Sorry.”

Jessica started to pinch Taeyeon’s cheeks, “Aww but I don’t mind when my girlfriend is this cute!”

Taeyeon angrily slapped Jessica’s hands away, “Ah! That hurts!”

“Now you know how it feels when you keep things from me!”

Taeyeon was rubbing her sore cheeks, “Alright. I get it. No more secrets.”

Jessica held out her pinky, “Promise?”

Taeyeon looked from side to side before linking her pinkies, “Promise.”

Smiling, Jessica put her arm around the older girl, “Good! Now where should I go with my girlfriend? We have so many dates to catch up on!”

Taeyeon smiled shyly as the younger girl started to lead her...meanwhile she uncrossed her fingers, “A little secret wouldn’t hurt her...”

--------------------------------

A man in a grey suit walked into the airport with a suitcase trailing behind him as he eyed out the crowd for someone. Finally spotting the person, he smiled and held out his hand, “You must be Sooyoung? Taeyeon sent me your picture.”

Sooyoung smiled, “Have I really changed that much from our younger days?”

The man laughed, “Not really but you do look much more mature.”

“Well you look like a professor. Not really what I expected you to be when we were younger. Although Taeyeon may still dislike you a bit, you look like a pretty cool oppa.”

The man smiled half-heartedly, “I am hoping to make amends little by little.”

“Well this is a good start.”

The man was amazed at the nice car and personal driver when they exited the airport, “Wow...you did well for yourself too.”

“You could say this was my little reward for taking care of your sister for so many years.” Sooyoung entered the car after the man so the driver could take off.

“When will I get to see her?”

“I am not sure if Taeyeon told you but she and Jessica, your former student, are dating so she is spending a lot of time with her before you two meet up tomorrow. Actually, Taeyeon wants to keep this from Jessica.”

“Why? Shouldn’t she tell her?”

“That midget is being stupid. She said something like Jessica shouldn’t be worried about a small matter.”

The man shifted in his seat, “I don’t think this is small.”

“Well you talk to your sister. Maybe you can convince her to tell Jessica before the surgery starts.”

“She listens better to you though.”

“Trust me, I have tried but she has been spending all her time with Jessica as if she were to die the next day so I can’t get a word in. As of now, Jessica thinks she is going on a business trip with me for 3 days starting tomorrow. Jessica doesn’t know you are here or that Taeyeon is getting the operation.”

The man sighed, “That girl.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “yea...that girl.”

-----------------------------

Jessica was bored. She stayed waiting on the bench waiting for her company arrive, “Jessica!”

Looking up Jessica smiled as she saw the person coming, “Sunny!”

“Why did you call suddenly?”

“I just came back and I really wanted to see you.”

“That is sweat of you.” The two sat back down on the bench.

“Taeyeon told me about everything and the trial...so umm how is the community service going?”

Sunny laughed, “I want to do it full time actually.”
Jessica was surprised, “Really?”

“I want to quit my job at the travel journal.”

“I thought you really liked it there.”

“I do but Sooyoung and I talked about me doing some freelancing instead. I want to write articles as I travel for charity work. Like going to underprivileged countries and talking about their struggles while I serve there for longer periods of time.”

Jessica had open in awe, “That sounds really cool. You are going Mother Teresa on us!”

“Whoa whoa I am not going to become a nun or a saint. I just want to give back and I don’t want to give up writing either.”

“So you will be going away for longer periods of time?”

Sunny nodded her head, “Yep. Once I finish my community work here, I plan on going over to help those in Nepal.”

Jessica lunged at Sunny to wrap her in a hug, “I am going to miss you!”

Sunny laughed, “I thought you might hate me for helping Tiffany and all.”

“Never! I saw something good out of you the first time we met...I mean Taeyeon saw it too.”

Sunny hugged the later tighter, “Thanks. Please take care of Taeyeon for me.”

“Of course I will. You just need to promise to come back every so often. Taeyeon shouldn’t lose a friend like you.”

“I will write or something. I don’t plan on leaving you guys for good.”

Jessica smiled, “Good!”

“By the way, what is Taeyeon doing?”

Jessica shrugged, “Some business trip with Sooyoung.”

“Oh? I just had coffee with Sooyoung this morning. She didn’t mention a business trip...”

Jessica’s eyes furrowed, “Did Taeyeon just lie to me...again?”

Sunny patted Jessica on the back, “I am sorry. Did I say something I shouldn’t? I don’t want to cause a conflict...”

“No I am sure it is nothing. Taeyeon said she wouldn’t keep secrets. She promised.”

“Then I am sure it is nothing. Taeyeon keeps her promises.”

Still uneasiness filled her heart with the thought of Taeyeon possibly keeping something from her again.

-----------------------------

Just as Taeyeon finished putting on her hospital gown a knock came at the door, “come in.”

Slowly the door opened revealing a man, “Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon turned around to face the man, “Hey.”

“How are you...umm doing well?”

Taeyeon sat down on the bed, “Look...I want to apologize for what happened in America and all.”

“I knew it was coming. I have been preparing for you to yell and tear my head off for many years. Dad also told me about your little visit. Thanks for meeting him.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Honestly, I should have meet him long ago. I was wrong.”

The man leaned on the door frame, “Sooyoung told me about you and Jessica. Why didn’t you tell her to come?”

“When I was involved in a serious accident almost a year ago, she spent so much time in this hospital with me when she came home for Christmas break. Although I loved that she took care of me and got to be with me 24/7, I couldn’t help but think that a girl who is 20 shouldn’t have the burden of taking care of me. I am the adult...yet I feel like she is the one that always has to look after me.”

“Is that really a bad thing though?”

“What do you mean?”

“Love...It sounds like she loves you. In a way, you not telling her things like this or keeping things to protect her, makes you the one that doesn’t love her enough to trust her with your burdens. You can’t be prideful when it comes to love.”

“Prideful?”

“Taeyeon. Don’t hurt that girl anymore with the thought that you think her not knowing will hurt her less.”

Silence betrothed the two before the nurse came in, “we are ready to start.”

The man kicked off the wall, “I will see you soon Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon smiled, “Ah yea....oppa.”

-----------------------------------

What has it been now, one hour, two? Jessica lost count as she held the girl’s hand waiting for her to wake up, “Come on Tae...”

Slowly the girl’s eyes opened to see her girlfriend hovering over her, “Sooyeon...”

Jessica smiled as she went to kiss Taeyeon’s crown, “You are awake.”

“Oppa...”

Jessica was slightly surprised at Taeyeon using that name for her older brother, “He is fine. Taking out a kidney isn’t as serious as receiving a new one. We are all a bit more worried about you.”

“I feel a bit sick...”

Jessica went to caress Taeyeon’s face, “It is just the anesthesia wearing off. Give it some time.”

Just then the doctor came in, “she is up?”

Jessica stood up to give the doctors some room to look at Taeyeon, “The surgery went well but we will keep her here to look at her renal functions and make sure there is no sign of rejection. However because the kidney was given by a family member, there is a very slim chance that organ rejection will happen.”

Jessica nodded, “I will make sure she rests well.”

“Very good. The nurses will be around for routine checks so don’t mind them too much.”

“Oh what about Mr. Kim?”

“He will be released tomorrow. He did well in the surgery too.”

Jessica sighed in relief that the whole operation went well and both parties seemed to be doing okay. There was no way she could live without having Taeyeon around but it would have also been equally devastating to see the siblings separate once they had just reunited. “Jessica?”

Jessica turned to see Sooyoung, “Hey.”

“How...did you...?”

Jessica smiled, “Taeyeon called and told me.”

“She did?”

“I managed to get here right as they put her under and then waited until the surgery finished.”

“Wow...I didn’t think she would tell you.”

“We don’t keep secrets.”

“That is great to hear. I was told the operation went well from her brother.”

“Yep. She just woke up too.”

“Sooyeon ♥” the older girl cooed.

Jessica face palmed herself, “Oh god...I should have warned you she is hyped up on morphine again.”

Sooyoung started laughing, “No worries. I know how she is on drugs so I will leave you to take care of her.”

Jessica started laughing, “Thanks Sooyoung.” Once Sooyoung left, Jessica made her way to the bed to lay beside her girlfriend, “Someone looks happy.”

Taeyeon smiled shyly as she turned her head to meet Jessica’s gaze, “I am always happy when you are here.”

Jessica leaned up onto her elbow to look down on the immobilized girl, “Me too. I am very happy to be with you.”

Taeyeon gently guided Jessica down to kiss her luscious lips, “This makes me happy.”

Jessica giggled, “Morphine-Taeyeon makes me happy too.”

No more words had to be exchanged as the two continued to passionately kiss and show just how happy they were to be together.

 

~1 Year Later~

 

A light knock came on Taeyeon’s office door, “come in.”

The girl peeked her head in as she looked at the girl who was busy writing out and organizing notes in her files, “Taengooo!”

Immediately the older girl looked up and smiled, “Sooyeon...what are you doing here?”

Jessica quickly went up to the older girl pushing her back into the chair as she was to get up, “I had a break and your work is close to school.”

Taeyeon was hyperventilating as the younger girl started to straddle her whist she sat on the chair, “B-break?”

Jessica continued to put her arms around Taeyeon’s neck as she leaned closer, “You have a break too right?”

Nervously Taeyeon nodded.

Jessica hummed as she leaned closer to kiss Taeyeon but the two were suddenly interrupted, “Dr. Kim...Omo...I didn’t mean to...”

Taeyeon looked over Jessica’s shoulder, “Oh EunJi. What is it?”

The secretary looked down so she wouldn’t see her boss’s intimate activities, “Your next appointment is here.”

“Oh? You can let her in when Jessica steps out.”

“Yes Dr. Kim.” The secretary hastily removed herself from the room leaving the two love-birds alone.

“Your new secretary is cute.”

Taeyeon looked up and pouted, “More than me?”

Jessica laughed, “Of course not. I feel like I should be jealous for you to hire someone so good looking.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Too bad she very kind and understanding. I like the delinquent-type better.”

Jessica scoffed before leaning in and capturing the smirk off Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon immediately closed her eyes to fully reciprocate the kiss and heat of Jessica’s body. After a few minutes of showing their affection, Jessica broke the kiss, “Don’t you have work to do Dr. Kim?”

Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes and groaned, “They can wait.”

Jessica got off Taeyeon’s lap, “now now, I can’t keep you from doing your job.” Not able to resist, Jessica cupped the side of Taeyeon’s face to give her a kiss, “Be good so I can see you after class.”

Taeyeon smiled, “Alright.” Right before Jessica left the room, the girl made a cute little heart sign with her hands making Taeyeon laugh to herself, “Mmm she changed to spearmint...”

Not a moment longer the door knocked and a girl entered the room causing Taeyeon to get up from her spot and guide her to sit on the couch. Taeyeon sat opposite of the girl and smiled seeing Tiffany finally in her office. “Hello, I am Dr. Kim Taeyeon and I am here to assist in your treatment. How are you feeling?”

 

 

 

~END~

 


Author's Note

Well it has been a fun 10 months being with you readers on this story. I know many of you loved the story but I wanted to give this a proper ending and not drag things out. THANK YOU for the subscriptions, comments and upvotes!

I will dedicate myself to my other ongoing stories so subscribe to those if you want to read more of my work.