Every End of the Day

My Disorder is You

 

A side table went flying across the room and smashed against the wall, “Soo! Get in here now!” The smaller girl was against the opposite wall trying to get away from the crazed patient. Within seconds Sooyoung entered with another man who was a relative of another patient that was waiting. The man quickly went to guard Taeyeon as she tried to talk the patient into calming down as the man made sure the patient didn’t throw any more furniture in the room. It took a while but the patient went into repentance for his actions and Taeyeon released the patient with a new prescription of medications.

Sooyoung entered the room when she saw the man left, “Tae...are you okay?”

Taeyeon looked at the destroyed side table, “We need to buy a new one I think.”

“Tae...really are you okay?”

Taeyeon let out a small laugh, “You know it is funny how this job gets like that at times.”

Sooyoung saw that Taeyeon was avoiding the real problem, “Taeyeon...I know...I mean if you need to talk about it...I am here for you.”

“Sooyoung can you help me clean this up? I have another patient waiting.”

Sooyoung just listened to Taeyeon and cleaned up the mess before sending in the next patient. She knew that Taeyeon was shaken up by the incident but she also knew not to dig into Taeyeon’s past if the girl didn’t want to remember it. However, she wondered if Taeyeon’s abusive past was one reason why she is the way she is now and why she chose this profession to begin with. “I hope she can be okay without me...”

 

----------------------

 

Jessica walked beside Taeyeon happily as she balanced on the curb as the two walked the streets, “You know what?”

Taeyeon looked up at the girl trying her best to balance on that curb while on a popsicle, “What?”

“I realized today I have no plans for my future.”

“I am sure you will figure it out soon.”

“Shouldn’t I have figured it out before enrolling in college?”

Taeyeon took Jessica’s hand and helped guide the girl down from the curb so they were at the same level, “You know this world has so many possibilities that it can be overwhelming but if you can’t decide, then that means you are open to many more things. I think that makes one have an open mind to many things. It isn’t a bad thing.”

The two were now walking hand in hand down the street while Jessica occasionally on her popsicle, “Did you have it all figured out at my age?”

“Yes.”

“So that means you are not open to new ideas?”

“More like I was positive that I wanted to be a psychiatrist since I was young. I can be open to change...”

“You know children usually want to be teachers or something like that when they are younger. A psychiatrist seems like a weird dream.”

Taeyeon was uncomfortable with where this topic was heading, “What did you want to be when you were younger then?”

Jessica had an empty popsicle stick in while she thought, “I wanted to be a princess but that was when I was really young...I think I wanted to be an artist after that. Yet as you can tell, that turned out to be a failure. I was not born to royalty and have no prince....also I am bad at art.”

Taeyeon laughed at Jessica’s reasoning, “See things change but I am sure something will happen to you that will make you want to pursue a certain career.”

“I hope so. I am tired of not seeing my future. Oh speaking of careers, how was work today?”

Taeyeon contemplated if she should tell Jessica about the man that went crazy in her office but she didn’t want Jessica to worry about something that happens every so often in her office, “Nothing special.”

“I am sure you will have more to tell me tomorrow.”

Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica, “Oh? What is tomorrow?”

“Do I have to be your memory bank now? Sooyoung is bringing in the new hire right?”

“It is tomorrow already huh?”

“Excited?”

“To meet the new girl?” Jessica shook her head ‘yes,’ “I don’t like new people so I am not very comfortable with a new person in my office.”

“I can see how that is hard for you but Sooyoung will still be there for the first week so I think you will adjust.”

“I hope so. I don’t want to dislike where I work.”

Jessica leaned in and gave Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek, “You will be fine. I am sure.”

Taeyeon smiled at her girlfriend, “You will be fine too. Your future will be better than you can imagine I am sure.”

 

----------------------

 

Taeyeon walked into her office and saw Sooyoung instructing someone who was hidden behind a file cabinet, “Is this the new girl?”

Sooyoung saw Taeyeon, “Ah yes this is her. I think you two know each other well already.”

Taeyeon saw the cabinet close as her face grew even paler, “Nice to see you again Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon cleared , “Umm it is Ms. Kim here.”

“I am sorry Ms. Kim...my name is T...”

“I know your name,” Taeyeon interrupted, “Soo I need to talk to you in my office now.”

Sooyoung handed the girl some files before following Taeyeon into her office, “Taeyeon I know you two don’t get along but she and I met privately and she asked me to help her.”

“Soo I am not working here with her. I don’t want to see her again and I am firm on that!”

“Just give her a chance. I mean you are her boss now.”

“I thought she went off to be a fancy lawyer...why would she be here?”

“She went to school for that but she didn’t pass the bar. She worked as a secretary at a firm since graduation. Trust me she has much more experience than me.”

Taeyeon held her temple, “If she does anything funny, I am calling you. Even if you are on your honeymoon, you understand?”

“You won’t regret it I promise. Also you don’t have to see or talk to her. You just stay here in your office and she will do the work outside. You are still safe here.”

“I suddenly feel like I am in a prison. The warden outside while I have to hide in my box.”

Sooyoung looked Taeyeon in the eyes, “Sounds no different than how you were living before Tae...”

 

-----------------------

 

A knock came on the door so Taeyeon quickly got up and answered it, “Come in.”

Jessica carefully lined her shoes like Taeyeon loved, “Why did you call me here suddenly?”

When Jessica finished lining her shoes, the smaller girl embraced her in a hug, “Sooyeon...I really missed you.”

Jessica smiled brightly and squeezed the other girl as if to transfer her affection, “I missed you too, but you don’t seem like yourself. Why don’t we sit and talk about it?”

Taeyeon nodded and followed Jessica towards the couch, “She is back.”

“Who do you mean?”

“Tiffany.”

“What? Why would she be?” Jessica clenched her fist.

“Sooyoung hired her as my new secretary...”

Jessica shot up in anger, “What?! Why would she do that! She knows you two don’t get along.”

Taeyeon looked up at Jessica with pleading eyes as if to ask the girl to calm down. Jessica slowly sat back down when she looked into Taeyeon’s eyes, “What are you going to do?”

“I have to see how it goes...”

“I don’t trust her.”

“Neither do I.”

“I bet she is planning something. Right when you were recovering. I mean what if she ruins what we have?”

Taeyeon rubbed the back of Jessica’s hand as she saw the girl fuming, “I don’t know what she is thinking. I mean I feel pretty helpless because of all of this and how she still controls my feelings.”

Jessica took Taeyeon’s hand and squeezed it, “She will never have control over you Tae...not anymore.”

“I still feel she does...”

“No she doesn’t and you need to be confident with the fact that you changed. That you are changing.”

“Sooyeon...what if I....I start some of my habits again. I mean I can feel the urge to do some of my cleaning routines again.”

“Then I will be here and help you stop again.”

Taeyeon gave a nervous chuckle, “I want to stop people controlling everything I do.”

“If you are tired, then don’t. Don’t let her make you feel insecure, mad, and helpless. Don’t let me to be the one to make you feel comfortable and happy. Find your own securities that bring you happiness if you are weary of all this.”

“Are you saying that I shouldn’t be with you?”

“What? Where did you get that conclusion from?”

“You just said I shouldn’t use you for happiness but I do strongly use you for that.”

Jessica smiled brightly, “I like being used for that from you but I am trying to say that throughout your day you should be happy. Not solely with me.”

“I am happy though...just knowing you are with me, I am happy during the day.”

Jessica got up, “Hold on a moment.” Taeyeon watched Jessica leave towards the bathroom and then rely after hearing the water run for a bit. Jessica returned and placed her hand on Taeyeon’s cheek allowing her to face the girl in which she then leaned down and kissed Taeyeon fully on the lips. The minty scent and taste filled Taeyeon’s senses which made her body feel light and tingly until Jessica backed away, “You bring me happiness too so let’s not have anyone take that from us.”

 


Author's Note

Hello readers. Story has some major things going on but chapter is short due to be being tired at the moment so you will have to wait to see in the next chapter.

Looking at the number of subscribers, I am very suprised, you think we can pass 400? 

Notes: 

I wrote a two-shot: The Distance Between for you to read if you have time.

Lastly, I wanted to mention a story: Not Yet Broken is written by catsgabby. I normally don't mention work from other author's but it deals with Taeyeon having social anxiety which you could say is similar to this story. Anyway, this is a new author and the story is well written so I urge you to check it out ^^