Starting Over

My Disorder is You

Sooyoung was in the room when Taeyeon fell asleep from some of the medication that the doctors chose to pump into her veins. She could have left and gone home but she chose to stay and watch the sleeping girl until she woke up. Once Taeyeon woke up, she was allowed to be discharged and that was why Sooyoung chose to stay.

“Oh you are here?”

Sooyoung turned around to the door that opened, “Hey Sunny. Come for a visit?”

Sunny went up to the bed and carefully looked at Taeyeon fast asleep, “She looks to be doing well.”

“Yea we got her here early so the drugs have already made her better. Just a quick sleep and I will take her home.” Sooyoung stood up and went to the door, “Want to get something to eat with me quick?”

Sunny brushed Taeyeon’s hair from her forehead, “Humm I guess.” Sunny then leaned down and kissed the sleeping girl on the forehead, “Don’t make me worried like this Tae.”

Sooyoung watched the interactions from the door waiting for Sunny to follow her to the cafeteria.

The two girls closed the door quietly before making their way to get some food as Sooyoung was famished after watching Taeyeon for so long. Sunny was a bit stunned at first with how much food Sooyoung took but she wasn’t really that shocked after knowing the girl in high school, “Can’t you leave some food for others?”

“The hospital should be happy to take my money for this food!”

Sunny rolled her eyes as she took a seat across from Sooyoung. Sooyoung of course started eating while Sunny just opened the bottle of juice she bought, “Soo...I am having second thoughts.”

Sooyoung stopped chewing her sandwich and looked up at Sunny, “You can’t back out. I need you to be with Tiffany since I can’t. I did my part by getting Tiffany closer to Taeyeon and now it is your turn. You can’t expect me to do everything when I have my father’s company on my shoulders now.”

Sunny sighed as she leaned back in her chair, “I didn’t mean that. I will continue to help Tiffany but I don’t want Tae to get physically hurt like this. I knew something was wrong when I saw some peanut shells in the trash.”

Sooyoung crumpled up the paper that once had a sandwich, “I didn’t expect Tiffany to do that either. Why do you think Tiffany gave her an allergic reaction but then was the one to call the ambulance?”

Sunny leaned on the table as her chin rested on the juice bottle, “Tiffany wants to be closer to Taeyeon. Maybe she did it so Taeyeon would see her as her savior? Or now Taeyeon is indebted...That’s it!” Sunny sat up straight, “Taeyeon was never in danger. Tiffany planned this one perfectly.”

Sooyoung was now eating some pudding as she looked up to the girl, “Well if everything is going well, you don’t need me. I will just take Taeyeon home and leave you to take care of Taeyeon and Tiffany.”

Sunny smiled, “Of course but I want to see Taeyeon one last time before leaving.”

Sooyoung swallowed the last of her pudding, “Okay. I am done anyway.”

 

--------------------------

 

“I am starting to think you don’t have a husband.”

Sooyoung looked over to her passenger, “Why do you say that? You were there when it happened.”

The girl crossed her arms, “Yet you have all this free time to come to the hospital, stay for several hours, and take me home? What would your husband think?”

Sooyoung chuckled, “He knows I am taking care of my kid-like friend.”

Taeyeon pouted, “I am not a kid!”

“Says the one who is throwing a little tantrum? Does Jessica get to see how cute you are like this?” Sooyoung started laughing as she saw the other girl’s brows furrow further.

“Jessica doesn’t make me mad like calling me a kid so no!” Taeyeon looked away from Sooyoung in frustration.

“Aww did my little child get mad? It was just a joke although we both know Jessica acts like the adult in your relationship.”

Taeyeon whipped her head back to Sooyoung, “How would you know?”

“After knowing the girl and knowing you, I can just tell. How unusual to have the youngest in the relationship to be the most mature.”

Taeyeon rolled her head back, “Gah...go back and annoy your husband than me.”

Sooyoung parked her car before getting out and helping Taeyeon as she stumbled a bit, “Take it easy. The doctors said you might get dizzy at times while the medication is wearing off.”

Taeyeon leaned onto Sooyoung for some support as they waited for the elevator. The girl was unsure to let Sooyoung go this far with her. Of course she was her best friend but she only allowed Jessica into her apartment before. How could the idea of letting Sooyoung see her apartment bother her so much but never gave it much thought when letting Jessica come in?

“This one Tae?”

Taeyeon looked up to her door, “Ah yea. Umm Sooyoung. Thanks for bringing me back but I can get myself settled in.”

Sooyoung wasn’t stupid so she got the clue that Taeyeon didn’t want to let her in, “Okay. You have my number if you need me okay?”

Taeyeon smiled, “I will call if something happens so don’t worry.”

Sooyoung gave a hesitant look, “I do worry Taeyeon so please lessen my burden and give me a call every once in a while.”

“I will try.”

“That is all I ask.” Sooyoung smiled before going back to the elevators.

Taeyeon unlocked her door and walked in. Since she was dizzy, she tried to line her shoes up but they weren’t perfect, she tried to hang up her coat but missed, and she tried changing out of her clothes but gave up so she just went to her bed and went to sleep once again.

 

A few hours passed before Taeyeon woke up again. She looked over to her clock and mentally noted the time but reached over to her purse that was dropped near her bed. After rummaging around, she found her phone and looked to see several missed calls. Taeyeon groaned before sending a quick message and then got up from her bed to find her computer at her desk. She her computer before making her way to the bathroom to freshen up, but returned to her computer quickly after she heard the startup sound.

Taeyeon tapped her fingers impatiently as she waited for her call to be answered, “Hello?”

Taeyeon smiled, “Turn on your video.”

The video to reveal Jessica, “Hey why didn’t you answer my calls?”

“I took a quick nap so I didn’t hear it. Why were you up so early in the morning over there anyway?” Taeyeon wanted to be careful with her words so the girl wouldn’t find out about her recent hospital visit.

“Well I was being considerate to my girlfriend who likes to go to bed early so I woke up extra early to talk to you.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica worried, “I am sorry. I was just tired.”

Jessica leaned forward, “You still look tired. I take it work wore you out?”

“You could say that, but my life is boring. How is it going by you? Your parents?”

Jessica leaned back in her chair, “Not bad. I thought I would be seeing more family but mom and dad kind of just let me go out and visit the cousins. Also school is going to start so I visited the campus.”

Taeyeon smiled when she saw a sparkle in Jessica’s eyes, “You like the school?”

Jessica smiled, “It seems really nice. It makes me want to stay here for the rest of my schooling.”

Taeyeon frowned, “I hope you are just joking.”

Jessica bursted into laughter, “Of course love. I need to get back to you so you can stop showing me that sad face.”

Taeyeon gave a toothy grin, “I am already looking forward to my trip to see you for Christmas.”

Jessica smiled just as widely as Taeyeon, “I am too. I miss your warmth although it is really warm over here.”

The fuzzy feelings consumed Taeyeon as she heard the sweet words coming from Jessica’s mouth, “I do too. I feel safer with you by my side.”

Jessica’s face turned serious all of a sudden, “You know Tae...although there is a time difference, if you really need me, you can call at any time. I will take your call at any time.”

“I know...I wish the phone was a teleportation device instead. Every time I call, I wish it was you here with me than just a voice.”

“I understand. I feel the same.” Taeyeon and Jessica both heard the knock coming from Jessica’s door so Jessica turned at the sound.

“Jessica breakfast. Come down.”

Jessica sighed and yelled back, “I will be down soon.” She then turned her attention back to Taeyeon, “That was my mom. I should go.”

Taeyeon gave a sad smile, “Okay. I love you.”

Jessica returned the same sad smile, “I love you too. Take care.”

“You too.” Taeyeon hesitantly clicked the button to end the call. She sighed in defeat as she knew this would have to be their normal routine for several months now. Taeyeon wondered why technology couldn’t be as advanced to have these transportation devices. She wanted her Jessica to be next to her at all times...was that too hard to ask?

 

-------------------------

 

The next day, Taeyeon returned to work only to be greeted by Tiffany as she entered the office, “Morning boss. Are you sure you want to work today? I can push...”

Taeyeon put her hand up, “It is okay. We can’t always push our patients to the side. Some of the patients need the routine and daily visits. One day of putting them off is bad enough.”

Tiffany sat back down at her desk, “I understand. I have 5 out of your 7 appointments from yesterday moved to today which means you have to stay an extra 2 hours.”

Taeyeon sighed as she knew some sacrifices came with the job, “That is okay.” Taeyeon was about to head to her office but she turned her heals to face Tiffany again, “Hey...Thanks for you know everything yesterday.”

Tiffany beamed a caring smile, “I just did something anyone would do for someone in distress.”

Taeyeon smiled as she held out her hand towards Tiffany, “I want to start over.”

Tiffany looked at the hand outstretched towards her before smiling, “Friends?”

Taeyeon shook the hand in hers, “We can try.” Tiffany nodded as that was all she wanted...was a chance. Taeyeon reached over to the hand sanitizer on Tiffany’s desk and applied it on her hands before looking back up at Tiffany, “Well...we should start work. It is going to be a long day.”

Tiffany held out a folder, “Your first patient for the day Ms. Kim.”

Taeyeon took the folder from Tiffany, “When the patients aren’t around, I don’t mind you calling me Taeyeon.”

Tiffany smiled, “Okay...Taeyeon.”

 

 


Author's Note

Thanks to your author's insomnia from her random sleeping patterns, you get a quick update! Ah I am being so nice these days to you readers.

Remember to upvote and comment!